Transformers - The movie (2007)

XaVierDK

How many people here have been to the cinema to see the afformentioned movie?

I saw it yesterday, and I loved every second of it... You have to hand it to Michael Bay, he knows how to direct an exciting movie...

I loved how they made the Transformers, especially Optimus... Naturally helped along by having the same voice-actor on-staff as the original, and as always he does an excellent job, but also the way he was animated was brilliant... I'm sad that he was able to remove his face-plate, it should've stayed on...

I'm annoyed that we didn't see more of Starscream's personality, he is so whiny and cowardly, I would've liked to see more of it...

I loved the way they made Megatron, he just looks like pure evil :blink: ...

I know, I KNOW that there are a lot of differences between the animated series and this, but I can easily ignore it, because they really do depict the robots in a way which "honors" the old series..

And even if it had been an original concept, the movie was so great and so much fun you can't do nothing but enjoy it...

Best Regards :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was absolutely fantastic.

There was some blatant product placement, but hey, it helped pay for a**-kicking special effects.

That said, I can foresee MANY stupid comments approaching................................

*EDIT* Oops filter missed that

How many people here have been to the cinema to see the afformentioned movie?

nobody in the UK has seen the film in a cinema, its not out till the 27th. They might as well have handed the master copy to bootlegers leaving a gap that long between the releases. <_<

I saw it yesterday, and I loved every second of it... You have to hand it to Michael Bay, he knows how to direct an exciting movie...

It's not hard all he had to do was write down all the stuff he did in bad boys and remember not to do any of the stuff in pearl harbour then add Prime.

I'm annoyed that we didn't see more of Starscream's personality, he is so whiny and cowardly, I would've liked to see more of it...

I loved the way they made Megatron, he just looks like pure evil :blink: ...

Gen 1 Starscream in the cartoon was a coward, the movie ain't Gen 1 continuity . He's more devious and selfish than cowardly in this continuity, he turns back into an f22 when he realises they'd have killed Megatron and Blackout(who was fiercely loyal to Megatron) for him and sees a chance to off both of them without any comeback if it didn't work.

It was alright. I don't regret spending money on it, but it definitely could have been better. It was good entertainment, but that's it. I wish they focused more on the robots, and less on all the people. I thought it tried too hard to be a comedy, as well.

I thought it tried too hard to be a comedy, as well.

The scene at Sam's house looking for the glasses was hilarious!

Soundwave was funny too.

Oh and

"Bumblebee, stop lubricating the man"

Just saw it on TV links. The quality of the video was rubbish- kept going in and out of focus. The movie also seemed to have german sub titles in it.

Anyways, was a good film. It's not exactly as i remember transformers, but in its own right it's not too bad.

It could have be so, so much worse.

The only way this movie would have been better, if there was a longer and more in depth battle between Megatron and Optimus. They should have focused more on that, like a hardcore rival between the two. a huge battle would have been nice. but other than that, i loved this movie. i liked the scene where starscream was flying with the other F22 and pwned them.

nobody in the UK has seen the film in a cinema, its not out till the 27th.  They might as well have handed the master copy to bootlegers leaving a gap that long between the releases. <_<

i bought it on DVD about 3 hours ago, some lovely japanese guy came in and i bought it for £3 lol, excelent copy aswell, looks good on my 40"

i saw a poor quality version bout a week back, quality aside, the movie was a bit sucky, i found it just your lame Comic book to movie conversion. just as lame as Hulk, Fantastic 4 and Spiderman movies :( very disapointing

I thought it was the best Game/Comic/etc -> movie, movie so far. Obviously not with the G1 Canon, but otherwise a good "Bay" style action movie.

I thought Bay was a good choice of director in terms of Military connections. He did The Rock, which involved the SEALs, Pearl Harbor, the USAF, and Armageddon, the USMC. So with his prior operations with the US military, he was allowed to film with the V22, F22, Warthog, and everything else.

For those who saw it, did you guys noticed the Xbox360 Decepticon. That was hilarious.

I thought it was one of the best movies this summer.The special effects when they transformed were amazing.

Funniest Part:The boys hormone level suggests that he would like to mate with the female. I love the new camaro.It was kinda funny when that one gets riped in half by megatron.And I also think it was cool when starscrem owned all of the other f-22 raptors.I would of be cooler if instead of f-22s they were f-35 like the one from live free or die hard.

Kudos to Michal Bay.

I thought Bay was a good choice of director in terms of Military connections. He did The Rock, which involved the SEALs, Pearl Harbor, the USAF, and Armageddon, the USMC. So with his prior operations with the US military, he was allowed to film with the V22, F22, Warthog, and everything else.

For those who saw it, did you guys noticed the Xbox360 Decepticon. That was hilarious.

Seeing the AC-130 gunship in action was neat.

The Mountain Dew Decepticon was funny too.

How come the All Spark apparently only created evil life?

The scene at Sam's house looking for the glasses was hilarious!

"Sam's happy time" :D

Soundwave was funny too.

That was Frenzy, Hasbro said Soundwave couldn't be reduced to 4 feet tall cos it would anger too many fans.

i saw a poor quality version bout a week back, quality aside, the movie was a bit sucky, i found it just your lame Comic book to movie conversion. just as lame as Hulk, Fantastic 4 and Spiderman movies :(    very disapointing

1, Transformers is not a comic to film job. Its a toy to cartoon to film/comic job.(so Nyer :P )

2, Nothing on this earth (except maybe Ghost rider and Catwoman) is as lame as Spiderman 3.

I thought Bay was a good choice of director in terms of Military connections. He did The Rock, which involved the SEALs, Pearl Harbor, the USAF, and Armageddon, the USMC.

Please tell me this is sarcasm, because Pearl Harbour and Armageddon make me want to fry my own balls and eat them. Just to get the taste of those films out of my mouth.

Please tell me this is sarcasm, because Pearl Harbour and Armageddon make me want to fry my own balls and eat them. Just to get the taste of those films out of my mouth.

Key words "...in terms of Military connections..." Never said Armageddon or Pearl Harbor were great movies.

Key words "...in terms of Military connections..." Never said Armageddon or Pearl Harbor were great movies.

Maybe George Bush should direct a Hollywood film, because he's got loads of military connections ;)

I think that a lot of American films lack a director that fully appreciates the source material.

Maybe George Bush should direct a Hollywood film, because he's got loads of military connections  ;)

I think that a lot of American films lack a director that fully appreciates the source material.

The Tom Clancy films? (except for sum of all fears)

Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger?

and The Da Vinci Code?

okay well these are books, its just that the everyday audience may not relate well to a comic than a novel - ah, growing up stinks - you lose what you liked as a kid.

what happens to barricade in the film? If you guys noticed when IronHide and Ratchet are covering Sam while he runs with the allspark, you can see blackout throw a cop car (or what im thinking is barricade) at ironhide. iron catches it and slams it into the street.

I thought barricade was the one who got Optimus's energy axe to the head when they were fighting off the freeway. but that was bonecrusher...

Archived