Transformers - The movie (2007)

XaVierDK

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a lazy ######. Deal with it. Or don't. Not my concern, really.

Anyway, point is that you haven't seen the movie and thus are not qualified to speak on the movie's quality in any quantifiable manner. Except that you don't like the pictures.

:pirate:®

the toys, i saw some in town... why is it that the majority of the movie transformer toys DONT actually transform? there are like six different versions of robot action figures of varying size, and two which actually transform, one series for little kids, where neither the Vehicle nor the robot mode bare more than a passing resemblance to the movie styled charactor, and one set that actually do what transformers say on the tin. its totally sucky. for a series that was obviously kept afloat on the awesomness of the toys, the movie has been a let down in more than one way :(

the toys, i saw some in town... why is it that the majority of the movie transformer toys DONT actually transform? there are like six different versions of robot action figures of varying size, and two which actually transform, one series for little kids, where neither the Vehicle nor the robot mode bare more than a passing resemblance to the movie styled charactor, and one set that actually do what transformers say on the tin. its totally sucky. for a series that was obviously kept afloat on the awesomness of the toys, the movie has been a let down in more than one way :(

I noted that myself with some dismay. (And they didn't have Barracade. I don't care whether or not he's awesome in the movie, just that he's a f___ing Saleen Mustang with red and blue lights on top. Oh, and the cool slogan on the side.)

Problem with most of the toy lines since RID finished has been their obsession with gimmicks. Use minicons to unlock ###### features. Use cyberkeys to unlock ###### gimmicks. Those gimmicks get in the way of making a decent Transformer. Best toyline of recent years has been the Classics range, because they focus on making a decent vehicle transform into a posable robot. No automatic transforms, no missile launchers unlocked by sticking a lump of plastic up it's *albatross*, just a good Transformer.

:zorro:

I have 3 BIG problems with this movie.

1. All the robot modes look ****

2. Hollywood made it, and they havent done anything inventive for 2 decades

3. EVERYTHING is Americanised. Bumblebee = VW. German. Not anymore, now hes a Pontiac. Jazz was a Porsche 911. German. Now hes...another Solstice. And hes the smallest of the autobots now? Hold on, isnt Bumblebee supposed to be a MINI autobot?

Its like Action Force vs Gi Joe. Action Force, its an international force. Gi Joe, all the heroes are American or American born and only the bad guys are foreign.

GRRRR!

So who gives a *beep*?  Still an American car.  I dont give enough of a ###### about the movie to be bothered distinguising between one *beep* car and another.

And please dont call me a tard, even in jest.  Unnecessary.

Sorry, but it was in jest. I shall edit.

I just finished watching the movie again. Still awesome and full of win!

Watched it on my PC. Being able to watch the transformation sequences zoomed and in slo-mo is friggin amazing!

the toys, I saw some in town... why is it that the majority of the movie transformer toys DON'T actually transform? there are like six different versions of robot action figures of varying size, and two which actually transform, one series for little kids, where neither the Vehicle nor the robot mode bare more than a passing resemblance to the movie styled character, and one set that actually do what transformers say on the tin. its totally sucky. for a series that was obviously kept afloat on the awesomeness of the toys, the movie has been a let down in more than one way :(

I think the reason for the lackluster toys would be that they were secondary to the design of the movie bots. Unlike the preceding cartoons in which the toys were designed first.

Firefox and I fixed your spelling, 'Arnie's Personal Spell Checker!' :P:D j/k

What I want to see is a full aluminum, powder coated model of the transformers in the movie. Plastic is fine for the originals, but there's too much metal in the design of the new ones to keep them so.

As for the movie, I thought it was fantastic, save for the butchering of the transformers. For fans of G1, the horrendous story and redoing of the transformers will ruin it. For everyone else, it's a great movie with just a little too much Shia Le Boufe (neccissary to draw non transformers fans in).

-Sh0ty

Archived