ICS L85 to be released this fall (Exclusive Images

FarEast

Is there anything that looks like an SA80, has a huge round cocking handle and fires .22 only or did my school have the conversion kits somehow permanently fitted?

We had the #8 cadet type in .22 and blank firing brens but we defo had some .22 firing SA80 type things.

I got chucked out of the cadets after the "mini" incident so I know squat about their kit.

Anyway, I am going down to my old camp now to see about some pictures.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went down to the camp this afternoon and the Ghurkas were on the gate, vigilant and thorough as evey they wouldn't let a civvy field strip and photograph a rifle on the floor outside the front gate.

Can't think why... my mate isn't on guard until 2300 and I will be well asleep by then so I gave him my camera and I will hopefully have a nice harvest of good pics by tomorrow.

The REME detachment of my CCF had a mini they used to take apart and put back together.

I convinced them to dismantle it, take it into the school, up the stairs and into the office of the head of maths then put it back together.

We wanted to put it in the headmaster's office but his doorway was too small.

I got uttterly nailed for that.

As far as rails on the handguard, in FIBUA my mates used to just stick a torch on with harry maskers.

i agree with what someone said a few posts back about not needing x4 magnification for an airsoft assualt rifle. a red dot SUSAT would be ideal.

in my opinion the ICS does look wrong but i dont know why. Im not going to get into the argument of realism because frankly i dont give a ##### if its 100% genuine (i have the G&G A2 which has an A1 handguard). If the gearbox and price are good then this should work on some level.

personally i prefer the A1 Handguard , and also i dont think this sacred 'we must only mount a SUSAT' thing is very productive. i'd like to see some nice looking custom L85's (optic/ paint job combos ect).

Iknow saying that is like sacralige to most L85 lovers but thats what i think.

The things that I personally want to see in this rifle is:

1. Split gearbox of some sort

2. Easy to take apart hopup

3. Standard parts in the hopup and gearbox

4. Easy to fit at least a 9.6v battery of sub c cells(keep the a2 handguard)

5. Compatability with MAG brand mags and other companies

6. Decocking lever

Things that IMO would ruin the gun:

1. Precocking feature(this takes a lot of parts that are not aftermarket compatible)

2. Blowback, there is not an easy way to make a reliable blowback system that doesnt affect the overall cost too much

3. A quick and easy takedown.

That is all on my behalf, I love your guns ICS, keep em coming!

The things that I personally want to see in this rifle is:

1. Split gearbox of some sort

2. Easy to take apart hopup

3. Standard parts in the hopup and gearbox

4. Easy to fit at least a 9.6v battery of sub c cells(keep the a2 handguard)

5. Compatability with MAG brand mags and other companies

6. Decocking lever

Things that IMO would ruin the gun:

1. Precocking feature(this takes a lot of parts that are not aftermarket compatible)

2. Blowback, there is not an easy way to make a reliable blowback system that doesnt affect the overall cost too much

3. A quick and easy takedown.

That is all on my behalf, I love your guns ICS, keep em coming!

QFT.

Archived