ICS L85 to be released this fall (Exclusive Images

FarEast

I would like to thank ICS for providing the images and text regarding thier new ICS L85.

ICS-85 coming soon in this autumn

l851td3.jpg

Compatible with M4/16 mag

l852yp2.jpg

l853yn7.jpg

Dust cover removable

l854xy7.jpg

Just pull cocking handle backwards

l855vj0.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that looks pants. Fore heat shield / hand guard looks ham shank, bolt hold open device catch looks wrong, dust cover looks wrong, foresight shouldn't be 'quick-release'... The whole thing just looks wrong somehow, as if they stuffed up the dimensions.

Looks like ICS have royally screwed this one up.

WOW, that looks :blink: .............. rubbish! id buy the army armaments one any day over that, even if they were the same price!

Not something id go for. Looks completely wrong colour furniture! Mind you i've held a decent Army L85 and it looks good colouring but this just looks bad!

You can see all the wiring in the hadngrip and there is no Gas tube in the front handguard either.

They need to revamp the design of this.

I do like the trigger mechanism however.

EDIT: No flash hider on it ?????

I agree this has been slightly disappointing, though if you look carefully there isn't even a flash hider which makes me wonder if this is a prototype. Perhaps the final model will be better? If it bears the reputability of other ICS products and is under £300 then i'll definitely consider it even if not 100% accurate to the real thing.

Thank you FarEast for posted some pictures and info on it :)

I have no idea why they went and made the handguard wider, the real steel handguard can accomodate a 9.6 volt battery using sub C size cells anyway.

Also, what the hell have they done to that rail?! Should be a 19mm dovetail, not a 20mm RAS rail, its lucky that army code make an aftermarket 19mm dovetail so the star SUSAT can still be mounted if wanted. (presuming that the army code rail will fit that is)

I'm not overly impressed with this personally, yeah its nice thats theres going to be another L85 on the market, but depending on price, I'd rather get the ARMY armament one and replace the sector gear, piston and install a 10mm spacer.

Although, ICS do deserve credit where its due. I mean, the use of a blade fuse is a good idea to save space and will make it far easier to change the fuse.

Also by the looks of things they have really given alot of thought to dissasembly, looks as though it will field strip like the real thing wihich is a real advantage over the STAR version (even though the G&G and subsequently the ARMY versions already have this feature)

like safetycatch said, looks more airsoft based than real based, but to everybody other than the hardcore fans, its still an L85.

to me for example, it looks fine. i much prefer the inclusion of the new style foregrip. having quick detach sights and a standard rail, to me, is a massive bonus. the STAR SUSAT is ######, and i wouldnt waste my money on it, so being able to put my own optics on it without buying an adpator is mucho better.

if it wasnt for the cheapness of the ARMY one, id easily want this rather than teh STAR or G&G.

Looks like they've tried to make it more appealing to airsofters in general rather than just the hardcore L85 fans, changing things to make them more "practical" at the expense of realism is the only way I can think to describe it.

Bingo. A regular guy's not going to know what to do with a 19mm rail, or care that the foregrip's a bit wide as long as the battery fits.

I'm looking forward to it.

Its that 20mm rail that puts me off :( unless of course they make a SUSAT that fits it. My star SUSAT is ok, but I have better scopes. The front hand gaurd is a bit odd but I could get used to it, and I'm certain thay have a flash hider around somewhere just not sure why its not on the gun!

All being said I'll definatly consider buying this despite owing a perfectly good STAR L85 A2 as I have so far had good luck with ICS AEG's.

Although, ICS do deserve credit where its due. I mean, the use of a blade fuse is a good idea to save space and will make it far easier to change the fuse.

VFC have been doing this for a while...

like safetycatch said, looks more airsoft based than real based, but to everybody other than the hardcore fans, its still an L85.

Yep, it's an L85 alright, if you're blind and like your guns to look like cheap toys.

Why ICS? just why? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

i looked at the first image, and all i could think was... somethings not right

then theres an image of an M16 handle installed. OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!

it just looks wrong, the acadamy looks better than this, though i will say the ICS is likley to be the best old war horse of this gun yet, without the problems plauging the other brands. but just...NO! **badgeress* Slaps ICS*

ps, the YEARS we wanted an SA80, now EVERYONE is doing them, why? we have SA80's now, give us something new!!!!

Archived