ICS L85 to be released this fall (Exclusive Images

FarEast

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I missed something but why are people flapping about the type of rail on the ICS gun?

Have ICS said they're going to release it with a 20mm picatinny rail or something?

If people are worried that they won't be able to stick a Star SUSAT on it then just buy a Star rail and replace whatever ICS have fitted.

Maybe I missed something but why are people flapping about the type of rail on the ICS gun?

Have ICS said they're going to release it with a 20mm picatinny rail or something?

If people are worried that they won't be able to stick a Star SUSAT on it then just buy a Star rail and replace whatever ICS have fitted.

also can use the army code rail for start susat :)

I'm very impressed to see ICS taking so much interest in getting this right, if they can make the important changes this will be the best airsoft L85. I am soooooo! impressed by my ICS M4 for its solidity and the split gearbox an L85 with these attributes would be a dream rifle. I bought a Star L85 and was really impressed by its solidity & accuracy at long range (like the RS L85) and its reliability even if neglected (not like the RS....I know, "its reliable if cleaned properly" but to have to clean a rifle anytime the wind blows any dust about is a bit *albartroth*. ). Mine's been neglected because it's a pain to strip and seems "wrong" because the upper and lower sections are completely different to the RS.

As the real L85 comes apart in a very similar way to the M4 (Barrel, front end, bolt carrier in top half and trigger being in the lower half (TMH) it should be practical to build an airsoft L85 in the same way. The top gearbox & quick inner barrel removal is such an advantage for in the field changes to give a completely different beast (FPS limits for CQB etc) and for maintenance.

Please ICS give us a superb L85, as innovative as your M4 so I can sing it's praises to anyone who'll listen like I do about my M4

I agree with the above. I've been so tempted to buy some of the new clones coming out, but I just can't invest in something that doesn't have the split-gearbox design.

I can't wait for this ICS L85, and I've even started saving for that great day in the future when the ICS SIG 55* series becomes available (hopefully with split-gearboxes).

• 4 weeks later...

Thread revival time?? Any news on this from ICS or FarEast?

Well if ICS are watching this thread, then i have a few suggestions.

- The QD frontsight. I'd rather if instead of the "QD" feature, it was exactly the same as the normal front ironsight. The real one can be taken off with a screw driver or a combi tool and in my mind theres no reason to have the QD feature. It just detracts from the replica realism.

- The rear sight rail. Perhaps a seperate 20mm RIS/Picatinny rail, but a standard 19mm dovetail rail as well to be included? I wouldn't want to mount anything other than a SUSAT or the ironsights on an SA80 if i had one. I know others have fitted ACOGs/Aimpoints etc, but for me, it should use the same sights as the original. hence, include two rails.

- Gearbox - Using standard V2 gears will make this a popular gun. Also, look to the G&G replica for reference. That gun strips down VERY easily and is is far easier to work on than other airsoft SA80s. Not only should the gearbox be easy to work on, but it should be easy to get at also.

- Handguard. The real handguard can take a battery large enough for airsoft gaming. Please don't change the dimensions just to fit a larger battery. Also the handguard should have the correct fittings to take the LLM01 (laser light module)

- Optics. There is still a gap in the market for a replica SUSAT. x4 magnification with good eye relief would be preferable, but people are also after a red dot sight version.

- LLM01. Laser Light module -

llm1.jpg

Theres no decent replica of that yet either. Not only does it fit the SA80, but it also fits the G36 and various pistols in real life and all airsoft picatinny rails. I think that would be a BIG seller, as would the susat.

- Gas parts. Include Gas parts. The SA80 replica really does need to have gas parts to look right. The other brands have included them. They can be easily removed to fit a battery in and then replaced. I would give this serious consideration.

- A1/A2 If this is to be an A2, please make sure to have all the right A2 parts, rather than just the cocking handle. ie, go with the A2 handguard, the right trades etc - just put in the research time :)

-Magazine catch. Please make sure that the magazine catch has a decent shroud and sufficiently strong spring to stop it from dropping out when in use. Also try different brands of magazines (the most common being TM, CA, G&P , ICS, Dboys and JG) to make sure that they all fit properly. This was a point raised with the other SA80s.

EDIT: as for flash hider - 14mm CCW thread would allow all the usual airsoft accesories to be fitted. Its not something i'd want to be honest, but its a big selling point amongst airsofters.

I hope some of this helps, all the best :)

Agree with this, considering ICS are making a G36 an LLM would be an obvious choice!

Split gearbox makes sense

And dont forget if the L85 is a success to make an LSW conversion kit!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

As an American Woodland player, I would like a 4x SUSAT scope. :D

I do have one concern: I was about to buy an ICS M4, but went with the CA one instead as I heard (due to its split-gearbox design) the gearbox simply couldnt handle an M120 spring. If this is true, a split gearbox design on an L85 would turn me, and perhaps a good portion of the woodland playing American market away.

Another big thing for me would be magazine compatability. I would really appreciate it if it were compatible with magazines such as G&P, MAG, STAR, CA, TM, ect.

Blowback: Nice, but doesnt seem necessary on an AEG. If they can find a way to make a reliable one without upping the cost by a lot, then I'm all for it. Other wise, I would say no blowback, and a blowback kit and best.

As far as the whole gas tube thing goes, I'd rather have more battery space than a gas tube :D !

One last thing. Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but just what exactly are the externals being made out of? Can we expect steel bodies as on your AK and M4 series?

• 4 weeks later...
I do have one concern: I was about to buy an ICS M4, but went with the CA one instead as I heard (due to its split-gearbox design) the gearbox simply couldnt handle an M120 spring. If this is true, a split gearbox design on an L85 would turn me, and perhaps a good portion of the woodland playing American market away.

In my opinion, wrong choice dude, sorry - the split gearbox can easily handle the M120, infact, ICS are shipping the anniversary model with an M120 so if they're confident that says it all!

One thing ICS, if at all possible can you fit a 6.03mm barrel as standard on the new SA80? Dropping one into my M4 has made it a new gun!

In my opinion, wrong choice dude, sorry - the split gearbox can easily handle the M120, infact, ICS are shipping the anniversary model with an M120 so if they're confident that says it all!

I agree with you. The split gearbox is great, the part that holds the spring is a fair bit bigger and more substantial than a regular version 2 gearbox. The split gearbox is certainly stronger, I've been running an M160 in one of my ICS upper gearboxes with no issues, on another note, the Turbo 3000 motor has no problem running said spring on a mini 9.6 for a whole days play.

Whoever said the ICS gearbox wouldn't handle an M120 is has been ill informed.

• 3 weeks later...

What happened is this gun comeing out or not i have not heard a single word about it from anywere else but here?

PS:

im new to airsoft and i whant an SA80 soo... (a nice cheap ,VERY reliable one)

Army armnet r85a1

or the Academy l85a1?

or this http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...5A1-Full/Detail ?

also where can i get the cheapest susat i dont whant the 100 usd ones i need a cheaper one. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lol, perhaps. Though since i havent seen any of their (ics's) latest Ak's, it leads me to believe that it may be out in Taiwan, but not in the US...or other countries. What im saying is it could take quite awhile before it gets distributed.

Archived