"What am best aircraft"?

fanta101

Gotta love the Gripen JAS 39. Very sleek looking aircraft. And the E/F variant which is to appear in 2010 looks even sleeker.

The Gripen, its a stunning aircraft, nice an sleek, surprisingly very small aswell compared to most modern fighters.

Dassault Rafale (or however ya spell it) :P

033AFG_070523_0011.jpg_4DImageDoc.jpg

033AFA_070523_0111.jpg_4DImageDoc.jpg

033AFA_070523_0016.jpg_4DImageDoc.jpg

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem with the F35 is that in motion it is carrying huge deadweight...the VTOL engine.  Russia had that idea and we laughed at them.  Now the US copies Russia?  Plus its ugly as pug.

L-M also didnt want British groundcrews to be able to work on it, wouldnt share any technical data with us until the government for once stood up for itself and said "if you dont cooperate, we wont buy any".

I say "Get rid of it, and make a supersonic Harrier replacement".

If you think the F-35 is ugly, you should see the alternitive STOVL fighter aircraft, the boeing x-32. here it is on the left, shown in comparison to the F-35..

jsftwosmmk0.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-08

Lockheed Martin F-35 JSF, a joint US and UK project.  ;)

jsfflyingon9.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-08

Fits almost every requirement as a fighter aircraft.

The F-22 Raptor could kick the F-35's *albatross* in air combat.The F-22 was for air superiorty.The F-35 was for ground targets.Look at

It also uses Thrust vectoring wich makes it faster and more agile in the air than the F-35.

su25_1.jpg

The Su25/28 frogfoot series.

Pure function - i.e. the delivery of explosive to the ground :)

I give it the edge over the A-10 as it can, apparently, be fueled with road diesil :)

:unsure:

i watched it for the planes and motorbikes i tell you.

and i challenge anybody not to think "it would be mint to do that" when they caned it past the tower on the carrier haha.

also this. like a spitfire, but with massive balls.

800px-Hawker_Typhoon_Mk_IB.jpg

looks like the A-10's grandad.

:unsure:

i watched it for the planes and motorbikes i tell you.

and i challeneg anybody nto to think "it would be mint to do that" when they caned it past the tower on the carrier haha.

also this. like a spitfire, but with massive balls.

800px-Hawker_Typhoon_Mk_IB.jpg

The Typhoon?

Another example of british engineering, hell, it's ground attack capabilitys were excellent, hence why you can see in the pic, it has rockets mounted underneath.

Oh, come on britain, without this fine specimen, you wouldn't be free:

Spitfire_colour.jpg

I've always liked it too.

Also, on a private pilots license, you can legally own and fly a Spitfire, and they retail for £50,000 £60,000,... a price of a modern sports car.

Hell, i'd take a Spitfire over a sports car every day, just so i can hear the Merlin start up, and then the grunt when the throttle's open.

Oh and America,.... your P51's were also equipped with the Merlin during the later stages of the war, thats how good they were.

Oh and America,.... your P51's were also equipped with the Merlin during the later stages of the war, thats how good they were.

Think someone has already said that one, and the WWII typhoon was designed as a fighter but was lacking in manouverability so along with the Tempest was reassigned to ground attack and tank busting roles, taking over from the Hurricane.

I also think the Thunderbolt was one of the best prop fighters to come out of WWII even if it was american.

Ok if we are talking across history what about the F86, or the F4?

It seems like all the Europeans made alot of jets with the big wings in the back. Why is that?

I guess Europeans just like things backwards, ect. bullpup guns :P

We just had a massive brain wave an thought *If we look at the submarine, an how it dives, maybe we could apply that to Aircraft* .. and then whilst stupidly drunk, drew up plans for reverse wing aircraft.

We just had a massive brain wave an thought *If we look at the submarine, an how it dives, maybe we could apply that to Aircraft* .. and then whilst stupidly drunk, drew up plans for reverse wing aircraft.

So thats where my plan for the EuroFighter went......damn you MOD spies...damn you! :P

Archived