A&K M249 initial impressions

I perhaps spoke a little soon!

I've just had an email from the "evening shift" saying mine will be sent tommorow for Friday delivery. Cool, though god damn it, this waiting malarkey is killing me hehe.

:D I got my notification too for Friday delivery. :( My Mrs didn't realise i'd ordered two guns{I'm ordering an AKS74U first thing tomorrow morning :rolleyes: }& she wasn't happy,fortunately she shrugged her shoulders & isn't bothered anymore.

I'm more bothered about delays because i'm moving home all rather suddenly <_< & unless it's Royal Mail i can't put redirections on my mail.I'd rather live in the house my toys are being delivered to.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i order mine on the 23 August 2007 09:12:42 and i have not heard a thing think i will try to ring them tomorrow

Hee hee good luck,those guys are working overtime & the phone is ringing out.I have my answer now & you will probably get yours tomorrow.Maybe if you've not heard anything by Saturday give them a ring,things may have calmed down enough for them to be able to get to the phone?

I placed the order and paid in full on the 20th of August.

In all fairness it could easily take a day just to send out emails to all the potential buyers if ASW sold the allocated 150 (Figuring they and ActionHobbys had an even split of the 300). I'd certainly figure they are up to their eyesballs in them !

SB, I hope you use the tried and tested undervalue answer when asked "How much did it cost?!" :D

Garden sheds aren't so bad though eh mate, only a bit cold and spider infested for the most part...

Edited by Shard

I've just got home to find an email waiting for me.

The following order has been shipped to your delivery address:

Your order will be sent out on Wednesday, for delivery on Thursday.

Best regards

The Warehouse Crew

Airsoft World Ltd.

Cheesy grins abound! Now lets' see if I can scam an afternoon's leave, I've got plenty to use up!

Alright, so judging by the picture posted on the previous page, G&P RIS fits. It was also said CA box mags are ok, yes?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out everything that is compatible with this guy. Also, can someone fiddle around with the small details (ie: cocking handle being able to move) and get back to me? Those little details are important.

Haha. Nothing worse than paying for an item to be delivered, to then have to go collect it from the local PO / depot.

I do wish Friday would hurry up already :P

I've already been browsing various airsoft places thinking of extras I might buy given I got paid today. Extra wages and an impending new gun is a dangerous combination.

I do wish Friday would hurry up already :P

I've already been browsing various airsoft places thinking of extras I might buy given I got paid today. Extra wages and an impending new gun is a dangerous combination.

I have my 10 inert rounds,i have an ACOG sight that i can put on it.I will have a battery charged up tomorrow waiting for the beast to arrive so i can try it out as soon as it's been cleaned & given a close inspection.The only thing i'm worried about is how many BBs will i consider a viable test.Seeing as i moving home in a few weeks at least i don't have to worry about cleaning up all the BBs i shoot.I even saved a box especially for a test :D

RT B)

I bought a few bits already (CA lower ris, grip pod, 10 inert rounds) but I'm undecided on the route I will be going for battery storage so that is on hold until it arrives and I can better decide (Currently it is a toss up between battery sling or PEQ). I too almost bought an ACOG, but I still might opt for an Elcan if I can find the Samurai m145 copy in stock. I expect I will concentrate on the internals first and get the dress up bits next month. I doubt I will even fire mine before I take it apart and start changing bits and pieces. I'm such a ###### for modding things.

Well I've just had a phone call from my girlfriend as she's popped over to my place and there was a missed delivery card there. She tried ringing Business Post to see if they would redeliver now if possible but they weren't interested in helping and tried to make excuses, not clever considering my missus used to work in the courier business and knows her stuff!

Anyway I've got a days leave booked for tomorrow now so all's well.

Doh, well fingers crossed it'll be easy enough to get tommorow then mate.

Yeah Darklite, I know I should really, I think the ACOG desire is a lingering one from when I had an armalite and never actually bought one back then :P

Edit - I may have found an item that might interest some of you, I shall post up if they are available, I'm just awaiting an email reply regarding their stock.

Edited by Shard

Hi guys, here i let you the video of my A&K M249 SAW...

The comments are in spanish but you dont need them hehe...

The hole review is here...But it is in Spanish i would try to translate to english..

http://www.asnmadrid.com/v2/foros/topic.php?id=1319

Hope you enjoy...

Bye!

Edited by Countfloyd

As you can see is a MKI and I am in process of converting it into a MK46...And i bought this parts...

Classic Army Upper RIS

G&P Lower RIS

G&P Parachute Stock

STAR RIS

MAG Woodland 2500 rds magazine

And AN/PEQ of G&P with a 9,6V 3300 Mah battery...For getting more Rate of fire (hope xD)

The Para has the battery in the lower receiver as the MKI...So i think that you can only put Mini type on it...In MKI is the only option...Because of that i bought an AN/PEQ for getting more rate of fire with more Mah batteries...

I think that the battery that came with my M249 is a 9,6V at 1650mah (im not sure about last).

Best Regards...

Cheers.

That's fine.

I have the 1200mah mini that came with my F2000, I bought a spare one. I then bought 2 more for my EBR and now I'll get another one with this.

I've found that they last a decent amount of time. Seem to be much, much better than 8.4v mini's (even accounting for the fact a 9.6v mini has another 300mah)