DSR1 - candyman style

Candyman

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colouring is nicer, but Im not to sure about the anatomical grip, I kinda prefer the rubber ones seen on the other models. That said, if you plan on carving a grip from a lump of walnut or something, you can tailor it to your exact requirements. Heck, you could even get some of that 'polymorph' stuff and make a plastic grip that fits your hand perfectly just by moulding the rough shape & squeezing it.

I've actually seen someone firing a .22 real steel one of these on a shooting range in England!

It was easily the most accurate gun on the range, and it had a respectful crowd in awe when it wasn't being shot.

Looking smooth candyman, some nice detailed work on that foregrip, and it slides lovely!

CC

I've actually seen someone firing a .22 real steel one of these on a shooting range in England!

It was easily the most accurate gun on the range, and it had a respectful crowd in awe when it wasn't being shot.

Looking smooth candyman, some nice detailed work on that foregrip, and it slides lovely!

CC

you mean .223? becase theres a marked difference between .22 and .223

.......... and back on topic!

Im struggling on bandwidth so some of my pictures will be down until the 1st, only the ones on the first few pages this way I can keep updating.

Onto the rail, i was going to buy one and chop it about but in the end I decided to make it. Long job in the end, its about 500mm long, first cut to the right basic shape, then cut the corners off. This is too long for my mill table so I had to do it in two goes and match it up in the middle.

dsr058.JPG

getting there.....

dsr059.JPG

had to trim it bit by bit until the bipod thingy slid on it perfect.

dsr060.JPG

Because it sits ontop of that big tube I had to bevel the inside of the rail, I wrapped some sand paper round an offcut of the tube and then carefully rubbed the length of it till it had taken out enough material........... this took some time. After that, cutting the slots was easy!

dsr061.JPG

Running out of Bandwidth? Im not suprised- armies of Candymanfans visiting your site I imagine. Ya know, people pay good money for parts like custom length weaver/dovetail rails and things like that, you should get your name put down on the UKAHFT website as a customizer/ bits&bobs builder: CLICKY

Took the bipod apart and hollowed the middle out

dsr062.JPG

The block inside is on a pivot and the lever has a spring pushing it down, the bit sticking up will lock it on the rail.

dsr063.JPG

Would you believe I cut this out of rubber, the rubber brick I had left over from making the stock butt plate on the WA2000

dsr064.JPG

Used the bull nose bit to cut the grooves in this, took about 45 mins per side, it was all numbers and calculations to get it correct.

dsr065.JPG

Finished bipod, I like

dsr066.JPG

dsr067.JPG

CandyMan knocks out works of airsoft art like a council estate mum knocks out kids- only the quality is much higher ;D

That bipod is seriously nice work- funny, I dont need a bridge mount for the scope anymore (adjusted buttpad, hey presto scope lines up with eye perfectly now), but I do have plans for a bipod mount that would allow me to mount it at the end of the aircylinder, rather than on the stock- must get drawing plans....

lol

Tube time, unfourtunatly after much calculation I managed to get it wrong. I'll try to explain. As you can see the first set of holes went ok, then I twisted it and started on the 2nd row, I started the first hole (2nd row) at the middle point of the first hole in the 1st row. This was wrong, to get the middle I needed to start it at the middle of the hole in the 1st row + half the width of the gap between the holes. So my 2nd row of holes is off set. A new bit of tube is en-route and to cheer myself up I assembled what I have of the front end. The recess in the end piece is a little to small, but its a start.

dsr068.JPG

dsr069.JPG

Interesting point, but I wouldnt for the simple reason that immitation airsoft guns are usually licensed replicas; if they found out someone was copying their designs (for airsoft or otherwise) I doubt they would be happy. Could be wrong, but just in case...

Shame about the tube- maybe if you drew out the pattern of holes on a computer and printed it out 1:1 scale, then wrapped it around the tube and etched the posititions of the holes onto it, then removed the paper.... that sound daft or just over complicating things?

Archived