who will preorder one ?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. who will preorder one ?

• Hell yea dude?
    • Em no?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know, I'm quite tempted by one- I'm currently torn between getting an mp5 or a g36c, mostly as I've abandoned any attempt to play airsoft as a military game, and am currently working on my Po-lice look (yes, its a white t-shirt, pair of jeans, and a plastic cop badge on a string- thinking of ading a bullhorn to it, just so I can shout insults at people while demanding they put their guns down and come quietly :) )

the UMP occupies that perfect middle ground for me- not too weedy for outdoor usage like the mp5, and not too huge to make it non-po-lice issue, like the g36c.

excellent, choice made!

If I can get some money, I would buy one, and then turn it into a USC, by buying a real-steel stock+Grip and then a longer outer+inner barrel, for picture look at my avartar.

Wait a second here.

You want to turn a badass black submachine gun, into a mutilated carbine that was created solely for the civillian market?

why, bigal, why?!!!!!!!!!!

you could have just left it, but NOOOOO!!!

next thing we know, it'll be "but a 9mm does more damage to flesh than a .45, ah yes, but a .357 spins on impact, warps into unknown plains of dimensions and come back, laden with alien diseases, and explodes as soon as the shooter says "kerblum!!!"

don't

make

me

lock

this

thread...

NO MORE DISCUSSION OF THE EFFECTS OF REAL STEEL. NO EXCEPTIONS.

you really have been warned.

All thats important is I already got my Star UMP Special Edition kit on route to me! Only 100 being produced. Just hope it dont get seized by customs, its such a pretty piece. Grrr must wait a couple more weeks.

/is proud

For some pictures that you wont see else where, my friend that was stationed in Japan took the liberty of snapping pictures of it before it left the country.

http://www.pozland.com/airsoft/ump/

There were only 7 kits available when I made this purchase, and that was sometime at the beginning of the month. They are all gone now, I got lucky. The special edition kit is the only kit being released with full HK trade marks.

For some pictures that you wont see else where, my friend that was stationed in Japan took the liberty of snapping pictures of it before it left the country.

http://www.pozland.com/airsoft/ump/

There were only 7 kits available when I made this purchase, and that was sometime at the beginning of the month.  They are all gone now, I got lucky.  The special edition kit is the only kit being released with full HK trade marks.

:o SO jealous. How? Where? When? How much?

I have a spare kidney if that helps!

I got it from the Echigoya Japan Airsoft store. The kit ran me about 500$. It's just a kit and still requires G36 internals to complete. I bought it about 3 weeks back. It's sitting in customs waiting for clearance. As for HOW I got it, I just happened to know the right guy at the right time :D. What I find odd about this it that nobody knows about it and Star's website has no talk about a release.

ump2.JPG

ump3.JPG

Yeah, I was surprised that this flew under the radar as well... I'm guessing the special edition kits were released in Japan with full trademarks and little hubub to keep HK from getting on their backs with all that trademark infringement stuff they seem to get ###### about.

Guges, STAR actually works in conjunction with Guarder, so trust me, this will be great quality. The body is actually fiber reinforced plastic :)

Well If Guarder is "supervising", then it will be good (saw all the cool AK products in Taipei and they are all really nice), but if STAR is left to their own devices it would be a crappy fast to market ill fitting kit.

And as for no one knowing...I knew...our US sites had this information go through last Feb. 8 and the early picts looked pretty so-so, curved folding stock on the UMP...we were going WTH is with that...

http://www.mnairsoft.org/cgi-bin/ultimateb...t=001967#000000

• 4 weeks later...

I have just received one of these UMP kits, pre built with G36 internals, they are very nice, and feel really solid, not at flimsy.

I would say there easily as solid as my previous G36C was etc. and the plastic / abs used is of good quality, my only niggle would be there is a slight marbling kind of look to some areas of the plastic where it is more shiney than others but this is a minor nit pick.

There are quite a few metal peices, the selector switches, whole outer barrel, flashider (thread internally for silencers) the area at the back where the folding stock locks into, the folding stock catch etc. and they feel of nice quality too.

It's heavy, solid and looks neat, firing it sounds great as it's much louder than the G36 i used to own, it kind of echoes when fired.

The battery is a pain to fit, and has to be charged in place, by folding the stock, and opening a small trap door kind of thing at the back to access the battery cable, but it's a 2000mah one and so last quite a while.

Comes with all the metal RIS rails (3 at the front and one on top) fitted as standard...

If you can find one i would highly recommend it, spares mags at present are hard to find but they are available.

I hope to do a proper review shortly...with pics.

I spose the mags are about the same size as the P90s? I spose i could get one since it would fit where my P90 mags would. hmm. but i MUST buy that CA36K+mags and stuff....argh...the decisions that come with this hobby.... :(

Catch I suppose with enough work mp5 mags could be made to fit, but you would have to build up the area that fits into the mag well quite a bit. I am trying to source some sprare mags myself at the minute, they are available through STARS japanese website but i don't think they ship outside japan themselves.

The mags are about the same size as P90 mags, not quite as long but roughly the same, so they would fit well into p90 mag pouches.

I'll try and get a proper review done shortly, with photos etc. ...just got to get myself a nice surefire grip to mount up front :)

Archived