WA.....M4, SCW3 V10 with Springfield trades + Cobra Goldcup

hitmanNo2

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm.. can't see the video right now (firewall at work). . .wondering how far the bolt actually travels. .if it's pathetic like those Guarder AK blowback kits (1" or so). .then I'll pass.

I just want to know who is going to support WA with AR metal kits/parts. . PGC or Prime? PGC gave up WA GBB pistol kits to Prime to take on the Marui GBBs (bad move). Prime did an ok job with WA 1911 kits. .but would've preferred PGC to do it.

hmm.. can't see the video right now (firewall at work). . .wondering how far the bolt actually travels. .if it's pathetic like those Guarder AK blowback kits (1" or so). .then I'll pass.

It looks like it's truly full stroke. The front of the bolt seems to go back all the way to the back end of the ejection port, when the guy cocked it anyway. It's kind of hard to tell while it's firing.

The blowback does 'look' pretty damn good though.

However, wow at that guy's tie. It look's *fruitcage*in horrible.

The tie is the new style in Japan. Dont ask me why its popular. I guess its cool to look like a disheveled emo hobo.

In regards to the m4...wow.

The only thing that i dont like are the roll pins on the magazines. The pins really detract from the overall smoothness of the magazine.

• 2 weeks later...

Some extremely promising stats from a preview over at airsoft-news.eu :

- body is glass fiber reinforced plastic and described as very attractive with nice texture

- bolt is made of zinc die-cast and has realistic shape

- RAS has realistic lenght, free float barrel is rock solid

- pistol grip is attached as real one, so aftermarket grips can be installed

- overall stiffness of replica is very good and comparable with metal bodied replicas

- stock can be replaced by real aftermarket products very easy

- capacity of magazine is not yet determined, probably around 40-45 rounds

- gas valve is in the middle of the backside of the magazine

- weight of magazine is 415 g, which is weight of the full real magazine

- WAM4 with magazine weight 2945 g.

- Shoulders well, it is front heavy.

hyperdoraku_wam4_1612.jpg

News source (airsoft-news.eu)

Getting really excited about this now, what really does it for me is the realistic weight (I was worried it was going to be quite light with the plastic body) and real-steel parts interchangeability. Gas capacity is better then hoped for too :D

What really excites me about this is the slew of third party parts that will be available for it. Its a product designed for the japanese market which means tons of manufacturers are going to jump on board if its even half of a success.

I cant wait for this thing to be released. Anyone even remotely interested in playing midcap or standard games needs to pick one of these up.

Im really crossing my fingers and hoping it doesnt suck.

Its going to be an interesting devolution for me going back to plastic bodied replicas but im sure an aftermarket company will release a metal body within months of this bad boy being released.

EDIT: Wasnt there information floating around out there saying that this would be released in time for christmas? Anyone have any updates on that?

Also, i cant tell by the new pictures but does that magazine feature the fugly looking rollpins present on the magazine in the promo vid?

I hope the final product features a realistic magazine shell.

I was just looking at this thread and wondering when it was coming out yesterday.

As long as it's halfway decent and not too expensive, I'll have to get one. Wonder if a barrel-mounted M203 made for a Marui will fit...

Edit: Whatever happened to the Tanio Koba C8? Didn't they have a working prototype last time we heard about it?

Apparently this gun is going to be in the mid 300's to low 4's which isnt bad for what it is.

The tanio Koba c8 had a working prototype that was displayed at a model show a couple months ago in Japan. Early reports from that show were that the gun sucked. On top of the blowback being anemic the full auto barely worked and the gun actually ended up breaking.

Koba just recently released another video showing that the issues had been fixed but until its released we wont really know how good it is.

Wasnt there information floating around out there saying that this would be released in time for christmas? Anyone have any updates on that?

Went to the Shibuya store a few days ago as they had the demo on display. Again, the guy at the store won't comment on price or date...not even an estimate.

I'm not sure where all the estimates are coming from (hopefully from a reliable source), but all the clerk will say is it will be released sometime. I guess that can mean tomorrow or Christmas of 2008.

I will be picking one of these up. There are no "ifs" about it. The fact that the Gas Valve is not at the base of the mag but instead at the back bodes well for installing Magpul Ranger Plates etc on them.

Historically, most aftermarket manufacturers tend to produce a greater quantity and variety of aftermarket parts for WA guns than for Tanio Koba guns. Even though the WA will be made for the Japanese market and therefore should only be able to work on Duster, it's only a matter of time before the aftermarket companies make parts for it that'll allow it to work with green or red. ;)

Hmm... I'd be over that like Russian tax inspector on an American burger chain... Except for those rails... I'd like sleeker version, personally, without all the rails over the place.

Of course, thinking it through, there probably will be some non-railed furniture available as aftermarket bits sooner or later.

More info from airsoft-news.eu:

Replica, previously known as WAM4 has a new name. We are proud to announce WA/M4A1 CQB-R. Estimated time of arrival is February, full price with tax is 60.000 Yen (369.20 EUR). Additional magazines (capacity still undecided between and will be between 40 and 50 rounds) will be available for 9975 Yen (61.38 EUR). Weight is 2,900 g, length 742 mm (stock extended)/660 mm (stock retracted).

linkage

one accessory Id like to see for it (if there was room to sneak a hose past the fire control parts) is a magwell adapter to allow it to run off an external tank

slam that in the magwell with a hose run thru to the grip and then run the gun itself off of uzi mags as a '9mm conversion' avoids all this 40 quid a mag nonsense

Chunk o metal shoved up into the magwell with a gas input, a gas release valve in same place as the normal magazine would have one, and a BB feed replicated from the gas mag that the uzi mag can then feed BBs up into. Voila variable pressure ability to use HPA etc :P

Archived