Have you ever met anyone famous?

BadAssTronaut

If we've moved onto doing things to royalty myself and my old art student friends were on an art trip down to London. We went to Buckingham Palace, stood in a line, turned around, unzipped our trousers, and mooned the palace, and the bemused policemen who started chasing after us...

Ah. Good times.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive met noel gallagher and gem archer (both oasis guitarists). :D was in london, i assume near where they live, or recorded or something. i have to say i was a gibbering wreck - i worship these guys. sad you may think, but i like my tunes. but they were great. we chatted for about 10 MINUTES!! 10 minutes of their time given to little old me.just talked about good music, football, and pop idol. got their signatures, piccy.proper chuffed i am.probably best people i will ever meet, as lennon and harrison are dead :( .cheers

Went to school with Rachael Hunter. Ummm thats about it really... and even that wasnt exciting as she wasnt famous, didnt seem the prettiest girl about at the time, and was a couple years older than me.

I have mates that have met loads of people; one works for the BBC, so loads go through his office, but again it isnt very exciting usually either. I think he had to photograph Gillian Andeson recently, but they never went up on the BBC website.

I've got a photograph of me shaking Michael Palin's hand. The lighting wasn't so good, so it's very dull, but nothing a little Photoshopping wouldn't solve.

Oh, and Jeremy Clarkson. He signed Top Gear mag for me when I was about 13. I'm sure there are others but my memory is terrible.

I met John Leslie at the weekend in the VIP room of Cafe De Paris. I congratulated him on his amateur movie making skills! Search google for Abi Titmuss video if you don't know what I mean. Oh, and he was utterly loaded to the eyeballs. Wish I'd won a blue peter badge from him.

Girlfriend in same class as Lady Vic Hervey. She got into a fight with her and Lady Vic threw her brief case down the stairs, arf! Really, i think name dropping is sooo passe!

Me mums met Steve Davis, Hurricane Higgans and i think there was another old snooker player whom i forget at the min, by met I mean shared a few drinks with and had a chat with. Ive only ever walked past celebs and theyve mostly been members of the "Hole in the wall gang", for those outside NI theyre a comedy team.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a Atlanta Hawks game and saw a bunch, didn't meet them though. All in one night I saw:

Usher

Ludacris

Sam Jackson

Naomi Campbell (with Usher ;) )

Jermaine Dupri

(Lil) Bow Wow (who I wanted and still want to beat up)

And then I saw Fat Joe driving on GA400!

My dad met Alex Ferguson at heathrow a few years back right after Man U lost a match, my dad said "Tough weekend huh?" and Alex said "sure was."

I also saw Lenox Lewis in London driving a Range Rover.

And Finally, when I was younger I went to those Pro Star Soccer things, where you got to meet famous footballes after a week of training, can't remember who i met, but a few of them anyway.

You know the famous Vietnam war pic with the South Vietnamese Brigadier General holding a revolver to a VC assassin's head? The General was my grand uncle. After the war, he opened a pizza shop in Burke, VA and died two years ago.

Does Master Chief count as someone famous?

Archived