Have you ever met anyone famous?

BadAssTronaut

Mark Hamill, Angelina Jolie, Hale Berry, Jamie Pressly, Jennifer Garner, and Allison Mack. Maybe more...oh yeah, Clinton back when he was president, but didn't actually meet him, just shook his hand...

EDIT: Dunno if you can call them "Celebrities", but I hung out with the bands Flogging Molly, Angel City Outcasts, and met the Subhumans.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where i work they come in all the time but are mainly uk based TV or Music celebs.

I was very ****ed off to find that Hugh Grant was a genuinly nice, polite person but i shouldnt complain.

John Malkovich is a nice guy too.

UH oH here we go.....

Peter andre - posed for a picture for me... total muppet!! No jordan, Bugger!

Dean gaffney - I was dressed in drag for the childrens cancer charity CLIC & he donated £20 for being a good sport. Cool guy.

Liam Gallagher - also very polite & posed for a picture!

Nicole Appleton - very sexy lady & posed for a picture.

Shane from westlife - I didnt recognise him & trod on his foot.... YYEEAAHH!! Made me feel good!

Kieth flint - said thankyou to me & thats about it.

Richard & judy almost every week. Pleasant

Melinder Messenger - freindly

Crowning acheivement.... Will young wouldnt give my friend Rosie an autograph because she didnt have a CDS of his, so i called him a C*** to his face & he got all shirty! Total A***hole!

Armourpiercing

Crowning acheivement.... Will young wouldnt give my friend Rosie an autograph because she didnt have a CDS of his, so i called him a C*** to his face & he got all shirty! Total A***hole!

This does not surprise me. Part of the gig with being a manufactured pop star is you have to actually live inside your own *albartroth*.

I met Christopher Andrew, a guy who currently has what would probably be one of my dream jobs. Bumped into Stephen Hawkings a couple of times at Caius, back in the day when he was living it up with, rather than being beaten up by, his lady friend. As a rule I don't generally give much attention to celebrities at all if I can help it; if it was a toss up between meeting the latest pre-packaged pop star and someone who'd actually done something of value with their life then I know which I'd plump for ;)

...James Dean Bradfield was nice chap though. Met the D of E at a garden party last summer, and he seemed like quite a pleasant grandaddy type :)

Angelina Jolie, Hale Berry,

Angelina Jolie *Drools* Hale Berry *Drools some more* You lucky bugger ;)

Don't get me wrong, certain celebs I just cant tolerate, like Rikkster said, allot of them live inside their *albartroth*'s :angry:

But certain celebs, usually not the ones that have found fame through singing or acting, seem to be pretty decent people, Simon Weston for example is a really decent guy :)

Angelina Jolie *Drools* Hale Berry *Drools some more* You lucky bugger ;)

Don't get me wrong, certain celebs I just cant tolerate, like Rikkster said, allot of them live inside their *albartroth*'s :angry:

But certain celebs, usually not the ones that have found fame through singing or acting, seem to be pretty decent people, Simon Weston for example is a really decent guy :)

FYI, Jamie Pressley wasnt too happy when we met her, rather ###### off I'd say, too many 1-800 COLLECT commercials I guess, lol.

actually met a load when I went to study at BIMM 2 years ago...

www.bimm.co.uk

i think that's the right address

been to that collectormania thing this weekend but I stopped myself from switching on the geek-mode.

my uncle took me to the Hong Kong Jockey Club (to play golf... it's like... all integrated like...) and we met a bunch of important people like you do... but i almost fell asleep... :lol: just rich old men and women

etc etc... what exactly do you mean by famous anyway? politicians? musicians? film stars? airsoft heros?!?!?! John 'Mac' ex-SAS from the iranian embassy siege in the 80s?

I've lived in New York City for most of my life and I still go there like at least once a week so Ive seen mad famous people. Celebs seem like less of poopies in the City because everyone is an *beep* there. I met Al Sharpton in the City at some coffee shop over the summer. I also saw Jesse Jackson with Micheal More at the RNC protest (it wasn't like I was standing there with them, but close enough) I saw Samuel Jackson in the subway when I was like 5 years old (dont worry I was with mommy). Thats right, Sam Jackson rides the subway because he is mad real. I also saw Jerry Seinfeld standing in line with Bill Cosby at some candy shop in downtown when I was 7. I probably got noticed by all these people because I was with my twin brother and people dig that when you're younger.

Ohh before I forget, I saw Jon Stewart around 10 days ago at a book sigining at Borders (in that new Columbus Circle Time Warner building). I got his book America, signed!! *beep* is crazy

SilentScope??  That you from the old Arnies??  How's the camera life holding up??

Sorry to get off topic, but it's been a while since we've all talked to him... :blink:

Yeah dude thats me. Ive been too busy lately for anything like forums. I like the new site. Maybe I'll come here more often cause the sigs are back. I ve been holding up pretty well with my camera. I might get some money from Apple for this PSA I shot last month (they had some local student film thing goin down).

Other than that not much new in my neck of the woods. I havent held a gun in like 2 months (real or airsoft) but I could care less.

I once met Craig Charles briefly in a theatre bar in Hampstead. It is probably coincidence but a minor character in Red Dwarf has the same name as me...

Saw the late Peter Cook on Hampstead High Street once.

Where I live now there is a big BBC studios nearby, and they tend to "borrow" bits of the town for filming...

I was in the local Tesco while they were filming "The Tweenies", I was delayed dropping my Daughter at school because they were filming "Spooks" at an old school nearby, another local school appeared in an episode of "Ultimate Force" and a disused bus stop in the next street has "Holby Bus Company" signs on it.

My Father once played in a charity football match with Bob Monkhouse, and boxed Eamon Andrews. He also briefly served under Douglas Bader. My Sister met Princess Anne when she was in the Brownies.

I once worked in an Office overlooking Brent Cross Shopping Centre. Margrat Thatcher did a book signing there, and there were two police snipers on the roof of the centre facing our way...

My luckiest escape also involved Brent Cross, Barbara Windsor was doing a book signing, I realised just in time and got out without meeting her.

My ex Geography Teacher is sort of famous...His picture appeared in the Sun when he was sent to prison...

I've only ever met royalty,

Princess Anne, on a visit to my school, she went home in a very pretty deep red helicopter.

Prince Edward, and Sophie (his wife).. well, we escaped citizenship to meet him, and after mentioning that to him he sniggered rather childishly, but its all good.

Other than that, well, i was fairly close to the Queen, does that count?

hahaha lol.

anyway..

my dad shook hands with the queen. or was she still princess back then? well, he was in the air force back then, and she came along for a meet n greet..

if it means anything to anyone i sat on a plane with the pm of pakistan, travelled in his convoy, and the pm's [a later pm] personal helo [a Mil Mi-8 'Hip'] would land in my uncles neighbours garden.. [for obvious reasons] - made for noisy sunday afternoons..

some of my family also attended the funeral of someone who'd been assassinated [but this was never said alot as he wasnt very liked by anyone].

but this was a while ago.

• 1 month later...

Steve Coogan ;) *watches HavocMan intently*

His brother lives down the road from my aunty in Manchester so I was told, to which I replied "Heh, Steve Coogan, cool name, I bet he get's a lot of people asking him about his name"... Or something to that extent... Then when I was told it was the Steve Coogan I was thinking of, I proceeded to go "WHAT?! WHOOOAA"...

Anyhoo he came to my cousins 21st after that, red nosed and bright eyed at all the 21 year olds around... Had a drink with him, very nice man. I got him to say ah ha for me ^_^, got a pic with him, me and my dad.

For what it's worth, I've met Sir Robert Winston (the professor with the fuzzy hair and the tash who presents the BBC Human Body documentaries) at my graduation, as he's the chancellor of the university I studied at.

Very nice man. Because I'd got various things that'd been awarded to me, which was bloody embarrassing, I kept going backwards on forwards on stage in front of 1,000 people because the speaker kept going 'who also won blah blah.....' , then leaving a large pause before saying 'and who also won....', he had a chat to me etc. Which was nice.

Oh and I've met Dame Thora Hird, towards the end of her life sadly. She was visiting Cannon Hall in Barnsley with her family. We didn't realise it was her at first - she was looking somewhat frail but very friendly in a wheelchair - but as we passed we said hello and it it dawned on me who she was.

Beyond that nothing really. My Dad and my Uncle Keith have led far more colourful lives than I. But hey, I'm 22. Plenty time yet -

Oh wait. I'm a lecturer. Never mind. :(

Archived