Have you ever met anyone famous?

BadAssTronaut

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of 'em, and as R22 so rightly says, from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Lived in Camden for a long time - you can't walk outside without bumping into celebs galore. Nicest one I met was Edith Bowman, a lovely lady. Won't tell you who the biggest idiot was; suffice to say he's well-renowned for being an idiot :)

Yes.

Used to live in Tribeca, midnight shopping raids to the only 24/7 deli for ice cream, same building as Nobu, at closing time DeNiro (and Keitel) popped by occasionally. He seemed nice enough :D

Also lived on the Upper East Side, same building as Dolph Lundgren, he had really tiny and ridiculous sharpei dogs that my siberian husky tended to want to eat :blink:

Got my face poked by accident with a pool cue by Matt Dillon while playing pool (he was playing with Mira Sorvino, whose father owns the pool hall), he bought me a drink as consolation.

Shook hands with Dubya a few weeks after 9/11 when he came to visit ground zero (I was working in a federal building then).

M.

I met Kieron Gillen from PC Gamer!!! Yes!

*ahem*

I also met Mark Webber (the F1 driver - moving up to Williams next year) and got his autograph when he was in F3000. Now I have 3 of his autographs, including a christmas card, but that's beyond the point :P

I dunno I'm still a believer! ;)

Jim's still there, and Kieron writes freelance so technically his stuff's still in there. The loss of 'Game for a LOL' was a blow though...

Oh, and not only did I meet Kieron, I got a signed copy of Bass Avenger from him :D

Never really been bothered about celebs, they are just humans like anyone else. I nearly stepped on Uri Geller once.. now if only I could rewind back to that moment. ;)

Was amazed by the number of people that miss people and events around them. I picked up a buddy from Heathrow this year and not a soul spotted that Chad McQueen or Dolph Lundgrun had walked past me.. uneducated swine. I mean He-Man right there infront of them!.. (ahem)

I don't know half of these names; I'll assume some of them are sports personalities :)

I've met Michael Palin, but it wasn't like I bumped into him; I was at a book signing :P

Was in a pub in Cambridge once and Rory McGrath walked in. Must have been his local 'cos the landlord and a load of regulars cheered. It was 'The Tram Depot', a pub that had I not been dragged along to, I'd never drink in. £2.90 a pint or something obscene like that...

well, i used to be classed as a .. ligger for a very short while.. being drunk at indie band type ######-ups and things.. so i met alot of the people i wanted to meet during that time, usually drunk as well... [lush, belly, curve, etc - kinda early 90s indie type stuff - anyone early-mid-late-90s would be at these types of things]

even tried it on with someone i [later] found out was a gf of one of dm...

i also worked in and out of tv.. worked in a tv studio for a shortwhile - met a few people there..

i am working in a tv studio atm, but not directly as before, but even so, i see a few 'names' around.. best not to get star struck in these sorts of environments cos you look like a twat..

i am working in a tv studio atm

Yeh, the Natalie Imbruglia-incident, as I like to call it, was at a TV studio where I sort of worked. Also passing thru were the Spice Girls and Aaron Carter among others, although I saw no reason to mention this, in fact I saw a very good reason (public humiliation) to keep it quiet :D

M.

oh i dunno. i thought billie piper was cute when i met her. this was all pre-'ginger evans' tho... see.. i admitted it.. well she was cute back then..

i'm not admitting to any others tho.. some are embarrassing particularly because i was a drunken idiot some of the time..

my sis met mya in nyc, but at the time didnt know who mya was.. so they chatted for ages.. about shoes.. and then at some point my sis asked 'so what do you do..?' and mya goes 'well, i do little bit of singing..'

she found out who mya was when she saw her videos on mtv a bit later.. [and after i'd sent her a pile of gratuitous photos of mya [i think shes quite tasty..]]

post-592-1096502608_thumb.jpg

which is true.. besides theyd usually rather talk about anything other than their work when they do have a chat with you..

imagine going out, meeting a complete stranger, and then have to talk shop all night with them.. bit boring really..

i was with a band when this girl came, and started doing the i'm not worth thing, on the floor... the singer picked her up and told her to er..sort herself out a bit.. but she was nice to her anyway, and then the girl started behaving 'normally'..

kinda cringeworthy really..

[er.. yeah the singer was female and 'talk shop' is talking about work.. just in case it missed anyone..]

Actually, I forgot about seeing (not really meeting) Steve Coogan at Manchester airport...

Back of the net!

One Lexus...two LEXI!!!

Ah hah!

In fact, I couldn't help but let out a fairly quiet, yet still easily audible 'ah hah' as I went past ;)

Archived