Exclusive images of the ICS SIG 551

FarEast

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you're actually spotting the most striking differences between the 551 Police ("flat" handguard and no bayonet lug) and the 551 SWAT, besides the furniture colour. Other differences include the stock (quite hard to spot, and even harder to describe!) and the stamped part above the magwell (one large "groove" for the Police, two thinner ones for the SWAT)

Here's a pic of a Police for comparison:

1172679472.jpg

• 5 months later...

People, I tell you what, ICS is not working toghether with Swiss Arms! And I bet there is some legal action between G&G and ICS going on.

There IS though a prototyp of the G&G SIG 550 around. I was able to handle it and if feels very nice and sturdy. Though no pictures yet.

People, I tell you what, ICS is not working toghether with Swiss Arms! And I bet there is some legal action between G&G and ICS going on.

There IS though a prototyp of the G&G SIG 550 around. I was able to handle it and if feels very nice and sturdy. Though no pictures yet.

Huh? What are you talking about.... Who owns licensing for Sig Arms and Swiss Arms? Cybergun. Who does ICS already deal with for trades on their AK's? Cybergun. Who does G&G deal with for licensing? Oh, thats right, they don't. G&G doesn't have anything to do with this. I can also tell you ICS has been in discussion with Cybergun about this for quite some time. Thanks for playing though.

I know what I am talking about! I'm not playing Believe me!

Just that G&G are to only ones who have to official blue-prints of the SIG 550. In this story not only G&G is involved, there is also a well known Swiss shop owner involved.

Well as you may have read over the years, I probably mentioned way before ICS announced their SIG line that G&G is gonna make one. I will have a chat to the shop owner, if it might be possible to release some pictures. Would you then believe me?

Huh? What are you talking about.... Who owns licensing for Sig Arms and Swiss Arms? Cybergun. Who does ICS already deal with for trades on their AK's? Cybergun. Who does G&G deal with for licensing? Oh, thats right, they don't. G&G doesn't have anything to do with this. I can also tell you ICS has been in discussion with Cybergun about this for quite some time. Thanks for playing though.

Calm your passions bellend

I know what I am talking about! I'm not playing Believe me!

Just that G&G are to only ones who have to official blue-prints of the SIG 550. In this story not only G&G is involved, there is also a well known Swiss shop owner involved.

Well as you may have read over the years, I probably mentioned way before ICS announced their SIG line that G&G is gonna make one. I will have a chat to the shop owner, if it might be possible to release some pictures. Would you then believe me?

Why do you think G&G making a Sig would have any effect on ICS? More over, why do you think a "well known Swiss shop owner" would have better, more accurate information than the manufacturer? In addition did you see me anywhere say G&G WASN'T making one? Oh, that's right, I didn't. You being able to post pictures of a G&G prototype (and why does the shop owner have it?) doesn't prove anything. Let's see, your info comes 3rd party from a random shop owner. Mine comes from the manufacturer. I can see why your information would be more accurate...

Calm your passions bellend

Thank you for not really reading my post.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of ICS and I don't see how you got that from my post. This has to do with somebody spouting random babble, based off of assumptions, then getting defensive when questioned. I don't know if G&G is making a Sig 550, heck I really don't care. It might even be better than the ICS, once again, don't know or care. But there is zero correlation between the two. G&G's guns aren't licensed nor are they the first to make one and therefore don't have a legal leg to stand on. They have no grounds to prevent ICS from making a Sig or even pressure them. In addition, just for giggles, lets say they did have grounds. ICS could turn around and go after them (for the same non-existent legal reasons) for M4's, MP5's, and AK's since ICS "made theirs first" and they also have licensing whereas G&G does not. Hmmm, lets see who stands more to lose: ICS cancels development of a Sig, G&G cancels 50% of their product line. No airsoft manufacturer like G&G is going to risk trying to legally pressure the competition as they themselves would then be open to the exact same thing. NOW, if Perch had said G&G had exclusive rights from Cybergun that would be slightly more believable but not by much given ICS's existing relationship with Cybergun.

Lastly, even IF G&G somehow managed to get Swiss Arms' licensing without going through Cybergun (unlikely) all that would mean is ICS couldn't export it. You ARE aware that ICS (or G&G) WOULDN'T be dealing with Swiss Arms', they would have to deal with the existing license holder (Cybergun)?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived