Type 89 Coming soon

FarEast

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahh but this is where you and all other fail..... you are trying to apply logic with the Japanese.

Japanese+Logic=critical meltdown

the two do not mix.

the following is my comment only, so please, take it only as one person's voice amidst all others and is not meant to be a generalization about TM:

perhaps they are not concerned with competing against the Chinese and the expansion of the industry as much as they are concerned with perfection about their own products.

I think they have the right idea if they want to stick to the Japanese market. In the end that could be what saves them. Remember that TM products are vastly cheaper in Japan because there is no importing/exporting going on, so TM is much more competitive (to the point where they have a virtual monopoly). By sticking to the high-end, reliability and letting other companies handle the worldwide market, they insulate themselves from these sort of shenanigans.

also thier underhand tactics with offering back handers to the large distributors, who then use bully tactics on the local retailers to carry Marui products doesn't help either.

Carry Marui or we suddenly stop stocking you with King Arms or other brands. Although it does allow us to buy Marui at 44% off the r.r.p! Just puts other non-Japanese brands at a premium.

What F.E. said. From what I've heard/seen all over the place, TM isn't really concerned about the international market; they make enough profit from Japan, and the international business is just bonus. I would say their only real concern is Chinese products going for their target audience, but because of the international laws and patents and whatever (right now I could be talking out of my *albartroth* but this is just the way I see it), the Chinese products can't even reach the target audience.

Personally, I don't buy clones. TM has diversified itself into model trains to offset lost business in AEG sales due to Chinese clones.

TM has been doing models for as long as I can remember.

Well about the glock, I have a friend who has a cnc machine at his work. He made me a few custom slides for my kwa g18 and a custom body for an aug that made it into a tavor 21. I might be able to make some more custom glock things if people want them. The only thing is that they are not gonna be cheap.

Well about the glock, I have a friend who has a cnc machine at his work. He made me a few custom slides for my kwa g18 and a custom body for an aug that made it into a tavor 21. I might be able to make some more custom glock things if people want them. The only thing is that they are not gonna be cheap.

pics or it didnt happen

Upgrading the TM Type 89 I encountered issues with the spur gear slowly chipping and wearing.

I also notice that most V2 and V3 marui guns on >M110 spring over time their sector teeth that engages with the spur will deform (because their gear are made from soft pot metal). Spurs doon't usually wear except from fractures which are rare even upgraded to M120. Bevel is usually the toughest part in the TM.

From my experience the XYT/CA Chinese gearsets are usually a lot tougher than marui gears except for their MP7s so who knows? :)

Archived