Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is so old, Belladonna is in it.

Damn that is old, next you wil be telling me Kidscotland and Sledge posted in it :P

I even found my post from nearly 2yrs ago when i had a USPc, Detonics and old 1911A1.

'FireKnife'

I'm not so sure, to be honest the only reason i would choose the Px4 is the lack of a better double action hammer fired pistol. The P226 has the mag issues and is made of cheap plastic, the USP and CZ75 has the dreadful KSC hop and the Beretta by TM isn't even a proper double action. The only other one is the KWA M9 and that just doesn't do it for me. Add to that the expensive WA pistols and really all you are left with is the Px4 by TM.

So really, until someone like TM makes another decent double action hammer fired pistol the Px4 is about the best option. Plus i won't touch striker fired guns like the Glock as in airsoft they are single action with no proper safety (aside from the awkward sliding tab on the Glock by TM).

'FireKnife'

I'm not so sure, to be honest the only reason i would choose the Px4 is the lack of a better double action hammer fired pistol. The P226 has the mag issues and is made of cheap plastic, the USP and CZ75 has the dreadful KSC hop and the Beretta by TM isn't even a proper double action. The only other one is the KWA M9 and that just doesn't do it for me. Add to that the expensive WA pistols and really all you are left with is the Px4 by TM.

The KWA M9 has the awful KSC hop as well.. I wish they'd re-design that abomination, if KWA pistols used a decent hop system i'd have a lot of them. Their USP's are perfect in every sense except for the hopup, which is hugely dissapointing.

Still, the PX4 also has a nice trigger pull and it's a very crisp action; It'd also hold up better in the cold than a TM 1911, and shoot just as good. I'm using it as a primary in about 30% of a day's airsofting nowadays, after 6-7,000 rounds the only fault is the decocker has worn down and no longer works - Damn TM pot metal!

The KWA M9 has the awful KSC hop as well.. I wish they'd re-design that abomination, if KWA pistols used a decent hop system i'd have a lot of them. Their USP's are perfect in every sense except for the hopup, which is hugely dissapointing.

Same here, they have the CZ75, USP series, MP9 and the soon to be released TT-33 and all that is wrong is the hop unit, if i could find a change i would but alas i can't find something to take the place and fit.

But with the Px4 something still seems wrong to me, i don't really know what it is but the gun still seems like TM could have put a little more effort into it. Plus of the newer guns it is the only one i like, not only is the 5-7 striker fired but holding it is like grabbing a fat womans cankles. :P

Out of interest, does anyone know what Belladonna got hit with the banhammer for?

100% warn? Though to be honest she wasn't the friendliest of people sometimes from what i remember, maybe she just ticked off one too many people?

'FireKnife'

not only is the 5-7 striker fired

It's hammer fired. Wiki says striker, makes everyone at FiveseveNForum.com pull at their hair.

All this talk about dainty automatics, if I may quote from Three Amigos:

"You wanna die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like that."

All this talk about dainty automatics, if I may quote from Three Amigos:

"You wanna die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like that."

Nothing is more manly than a 1911 :P

Come on, Steven Seagal has one.........

Wait, ignore that :D

It's hammer fired. Wiki says striker, makes everyone at FiveseveNForum.com pull at their hair.

That is true but the airsoft one works like an airsoft Glock, more striker fired, just the added bonus of the safety that can be reached during operation. Either way it is the Desert Eagle like grip and the size that puts me off. Either way i am never owning a 507 after my go with one and the same goes for Glocks after the fiascos i have had with them.

EDIT: Looks like someone changed Wiki back to hammer fired ;)

'FireKnife'

i don't really know what it is but the gun still seems like TM could have put a little more effort into it.

I know what it is; It's your nota1911aphobia :P Honestly, it's TM's best skirmish ready pistol out the box. Rock solid build, perfect hop, shoots great, reliable and simple mechanism, nice details, nice features, nice replica of the R/S... Short of 100% accurate beretta markings and a threaded barrel as standard, TM really couldn't have done it better than they have.

And Renegade; Dying is for fools :P

It's your nota1911aphobia

I still put it down to the Px4 being, aside from the 1911A1 and the Hi-Capa series, the only pistol i would ever take as a primary though. Really the other guns, particularly KWAs are holster fillers and indoor guns. One day i am sure i will get a Px4 but when money is tight i get a 1911 again as i already have a raft of mags for it and parts in case i want to do anything to it, with the Px4 it will be at least £200 for the gun and 3 mags were as it is £150 max for a 1911 variant and i still have 5-6 mags already. Roll on end of college and job so i can get money, move to somewhere where i can actually attend a game and buy lots more pistols. Hope to have had 50-55 by the end of the year at least. :P

'FireKnife'

I know what it is; It's your nota1911aphobia :P Honestly, it's TM's best skirmish ready pistol out the box. Rock solid build, perfect hop, shoots great, reliable and simple mechanism, nice details, nice features, nice replica of the R/S... Short of 100% accurate beretta markings and a threaded barrel as standard, TM really couldn't have done it better than they have.

And Renegade; Dying is for fools :P

I still put it down to the Px4 being, aside from the 1911A1 and the Hi-Capa series, the only pistol i would ever take as a primary though. Really the other guns, particularly KWAs are holster fillers and indoor guns. One day i am sure i will get a Px4 but when money is tight i get a 1911 again as i already have a raft of mags for it and parts in case i want to do anything to it, with the Px4 it will be at least £200 for the gun and 3 mags were as it is £150 max for a 1911 variant and i still have 5-6 mags already. Roll on end of college and job so i can get money, move to somewhere where i can actually attend a game and buy lots more pistols. Hope to have had 50-55 by the end of the year at least. :P

'FireKnife'

i hate to say it fireknife cause i love the look and the shape of the 1911 and what it stands for but i prefere my px4 to the tm 1911 meu i had before i sold it anyone who buys a px4 and then says its not for them is lying. Its allo of the above qoutes from hwagan and more.

I have a KWA USPc with one mag, I only realised that I have slowly been using it more and more.

Now I often lay my rifle down in certain situations and just take the pistol. I could really use more mags for it though as I could imagine playing whole games with the pistol spare mags and a speedloader.

I can't really imagine going into game without it anymore, since I've had my two other guns break mid-game which really made me realise just how much I want/need one :rolleyes:

I look foward to my next pistol, which is between the TM Five Seven and the TM PX4

I look foward to my next pistol, which is between the TM Five Seven and the TM PX4

Px4, the 5-7 is so bloody uncomfortable :P

But as for the difference between the two i must admit i have long, thin fingers and the 1911 just fits me so well, the fact it is an accurate gun with a raft or aftermarket parts doesn't worry me. It works, fits me and shoots well. The only really issue i have with the Px4 is the same issue i have with most modern guns, it is a Double Action and i just find single action and condition one are much better than DA and condition two. Got so used to it using DA just doesn't feel right, plus in SA you get a damn good first shot of when you need it not correcting for the wo types of pull. :P

'FireKnife'

plus in SA you get a damn good first shot of when you need it not correcting for the wo types of pull. :P

'FireKnife'

I'm not sure what condition it's known as, but I carry my PX4 with a round chambered, loaded mag, hammer back and safety off... Honestly, in SA mode, the trigger-pull isn't at all far off that of a 1911.

I'm not sure what condition it's known as, but I carry my PX4 with a round chambered, loaded mag, hammer back and safety off... Honestly, in SA mode, the trigger-pull isn't at all far off that of a 1911.

Condition Zero, no safety on and gun loaded with a cocked hammer.

However i find that it is also the straight to the rear of the solid 1911 trigger as oppossed to the 'sweep' that a DA auto in SA requires that i prefer. As good as DA and DAO autos can be i still stand by a SA and it being the best. But as with all things in this hobby we have what we prefer and i simply prefer a straight to the rear pull, a light trigger and grip / thumb safeties.

'FireKnife'

Whats the deal with mags for it, are they readily availible now?

Sure you can find them somewhere like ESC or Fire-Support.

Was a bit shaky after the Japan earthquake but TM guns and mags seem to be gradually coming ack in stock. Poor, unfortunate Japanese people :(

'FireKnife'

Cheers FireKnife the PX4 looks better imo too.

Whats the deal with mags for it, are they readily availible now?

Stocks are available a lot easier now, most retailers have them or are expecting them soon. I have 5, and i need another 5 more.

Archived