Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My P226 stays in my holster until I need it. If its to cold then I wont bother taking it with me but generally I will. It is very much a backup in case of battery issues or I completely run out of ammo which is unlikely but possible.

I do love using it though, the nature of the games change when the time comes to have to use your pistol, the situation always seems a bit more desparate when you reach that stage.

My P226 stays in my holster until I need it. If its to cold then I wont bother taking it with me but generally I will. It is very much a backup in case of battery issues or I completely run out of ammo which is unlikely but possible.

I do love using it though, the nature of the games change when the time comes to have to use your pistol, the situation always seems a bit more desparate when you reach that stage.

That's because it is more desperate at that stage :D:D

My TM 1911 (my only pistol now) sits in my holster. I have yet to get a single kill with it but have kept enough peoples heads down while in a complicated situation.

I also normally nab someone else pistol in the pistol only games and try some Chow Yun Fat dives near the end but still rarely hit, just keep heads down.

'FireKnife'

What i want to know is how many people actually use their pistols on a regular basis, I usually see a lot of pistols in the safezone, but then they seem to spend most of their time in holsters or stuck in the safezone.

i have two pistols, a Marushin P210-6 and a TM M92f, both spend most of their time in the safezone, or in a holster, i rarely get a chance to use them, recently ive just not bothered taking them to skrmishes.

anyway, please answer the questions, and post what pistols ypu own, which are your favorites, how do you use them in the game etc etc.

i would do, but 9 times out of 10 im out gunned and out numbered. At phoenix, i find it hard to make good used of my MP7, let alone my pistol lol

i would do, but 9 times out of 10 im out gunned and out numbered. At phoenix, i find it hard to make good used of my MP7, let alone my pistol lol

but yet again i have seen some neos running around with two berettas or M11's lol, my TMP was a beast, just kept on jamming all the time.

I have several pistols. I always take out my Infinity 3.9" as my sidearm. As I mainly use my APS2 as my primary it is essential that I have a side arm for those under 30m engagements that are inevitable.

I don't think i'd feel right without a sidearm. I've pretty much always used one! :)

I carry a TM Glock 17 with a Guarder full enhancement kit installed. The performance is top-notch when using green gas.

I keep the pistol strictly as a side arm. However, I do use it at least a few times every game. At my last game at Airsoft Sequoia on February 9, I scored three confirmed kills using my side arm only. In the third game, my G3SG/1's battery died and I was forced to use my Glock. In the fourth and final game, My borrowed SCAR-L ran dry at a critical junction and I opted to draw my pistol instead of reloading it.

I own 4 pistols (X2 G17s, Desert Eagle and M1911) I only ever carry one at a time unless it is a pistol only game then i take both glocks out.

However i mostly keep it as a backup weapon in my tac vest incase my rifle breaksdown or i run out of loaded mags and need a gun quickly.

Generally, I carry it as a secondary, for use at times when reloading my primary is either unfeasible or impossible. It's a Marui Mk.23, so it has the power and range to perform well as a primary, a role which it fulfills admirably during pistol only games. Once the weather improves and I begin playing more with my local friends with MPEGs and springers, I expect that it will see more use as a primary as well.

As with the above poster, my secondary is more often tossed to someone in need.

With a full-face paintball mask on, I find it much easier to acquire targets at close range with my Glock 17's open sights than using my G3SG/1 3X scope or its iron sights. My TM has bright green "night sights" installed, and while their usability in a darkened area is questionable, they do work very well when lining up targets in bright daylight.

More often than not I will drop my primary to the ground and whip out the dual M1911a1's it's such a fun thing to do. I seem to find myself doing it more and more as time goes on. I guess I enjoy it because it's more challenging than sitting back with my rifles and mercilessly picking people off through the scope.

pistols are the way foward. Always carry 2 with me.

1911 or Prokiller in dropleg on holster or on weesatch and a glock 27 in a fobus on belt for when s*** hits the fan.

Prokiller is the best for those moments when in a room or bunker when people shout "he only has a pistol...lets rush him..."

Switch to full auto and a few bursts from the 49 rnd mag normaly sorts that. Seems to be just as accurate in full auto as semi. Which is very scary. hehe

chewe

No matter what I start off with at the start of the game, I'm always pistols only by lunchtime. Most of the time I keep it holstered when playing too, it only gets drawn when its being fired. At the moment my WOC is a Tanaka 629 .44 magnum performance centre, but over the years my favourites have been a colt SAA, a WA combat commander and a pair of matched Infinty 6.0's.l

Currently I don't own anything else than pistols (I've had a Maruzen shottie couple of years ago) so pretty much no other choice to use as a primary than a pistol. But then again, it's a choice I'm happy with :3

I currently have 5 pistols: KWC co2 DE, Maruzen movie prop p99 (the desert toned), TM 1911 springer, HFC "broomhandle" and a tm g18 ebb (which I got free from a raffle =D ). the HFC and the ebb aren't in use though since the HFC's mags leak like hell and haven't bothered to try to fix them yet, and the ebb lacks batteries :P

The KWC has higher capacity and works a bit better on colder weathers and also the metallic blowback is really noisy, causing possible fear on opposing players. P99 goes for summer use since it's more practical to handle due to it's smaller size and lighter weight. Also the silencer and the torch which comes with it increases the tactical coolness factor :P . And the springer... Well, I just love to pick it up sometimes, makes you think more on how to make your next move. Also it's a truly fail safe gun! so the conclusion= every pistol I own has a really different role :3

I've always liked pistols, I like to keep my loadout lightweighted to increase mobility ^__^

The lighter the loadout the more you can do those super speedrun tactical dodgemove maneuvers :D

Archived