Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment I use a KJ Works Ruger Mk1 pistol as primary. It shoots around 400-430 fps, which is too much for cqb but good for woodland because it slices through brush. It's decently accurate and I use it for a primary while awaiting the arrival of my M324. The DAO trigger pull is very heavy but if you want pure volume of fire it can be squeezed to the tune of 3 rps.

Great gun, I even got bored and figured how to trigger the mag release with one hand so I could run dualies (not that I would). I love it... it makes this sharp, echoing BAP BAP BAP when it shoots.

My secondary for the ruger (a secondary for a secondary?) is a cheap HFC nbb called the HGX-108 or some such... it's basically a colt 1908 compact with a silencer. Loads of fun, but to hit anything I have to stand a few yards away, hold it at the hip with one hand on grip and one on silencer, and pop away. Great fun, probably holds record for number of rounds/fillup: 49 in a gun smaller than my hand.

I also have a few cheap springer pistols, excluding the KWC M1991 which is actually decent quality.

Plans for the future include two cyma G18cs with extended mags and silencers, transporter 2 style, or an mp7 if I suddenly become rich :P

US woodland ftw :D

I have a cheapy springer P99 in a dropleg as a back up... I've only ever bang killed a person with it, but it's always there just in case until I get myself the 1911 i'm pining after...

I have two, a Marui MK23 and a WE 1911 tactical I picked up for $20

I have used the 1911 about every time I bring it on the field. I have even used it when it was 40 degrees out (it only shot about 8 times until the mag ran out of gas)

My field requires them for any marksman qualified person using their approved weapons (Sniper rifles, LMG's,DMRs over 400) so mine are carried whenever I take the VSR out.

They have their place, and are a lot of fun to use on the field

I carry a KSC G19 with a Madbull tightbore and Guarder mag release in a Serpa on my belt. I use it on occasion, my M733 is very reliable and I'm usually shooting from such range that I don't need the backup when reloading during a firefight, but it's always good to have, especially if things get too close for the 733 as it's rather powerful. I used the Glock twice recently when my AK jammed (apparently AE .25s jam in the Marui barrel it has, despite the barrel being polished and the gun clean as a whistle). Recently I was using a low powered gun just for kicks in an intense game that was a lot of fun, ran out of ammo and dropped the AEG for the Glock. I got two kills and a safety kill in the space of a minute (against two AEG users and a sniper), allowing me to grab two of the three items I had to bring back to the base, a friend grabbed the other and we won. Usually it doesn't go so well for me, I need to practice my handgunning a lot more. It's a lot of fun to have the blowback, I'm thinking of getting a second G19 and playing with the handguns more so I can get better with them, and have more fun because it's always the more challenging games that I work really hard at and do well that I find most fun.

I just bought myself a TM M1911A1. Its beautiful... I will probably be using this as a primary until I get my P90 back up and running, which fortunately should be relatively soon. Can't wait to use it in a skirmish. I'm a pistol kind of guy.

I use mine quite abit, I have my pistol setup perfectly, in conjunciton with a 1 point sling on my rifle, so the draw and target aquistion, is far faster than reloading. Its also very usefull for going around corners, through doorways ect, When an AR can be more cumbersome.

None of this 'stealth' lark.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I probably have the most fun when my primary gets shot out and I have to pull out my sidearm. Having realized this, I'll be having a TM Desert Eagle with some TM scope rings, spare mag, and an NCStar Pistol 2x scope (MGS4 Meryl Custom!) in a week or two. 8^D

Say, anyone know of a holster that might fit that beast? I'd LOVE some sort of ISPC holster for it, but that's a *just a little* bit of a stretch. But hey, if there are any universal holsters that grab the gun by the trigger guard, and would fit it, lemme know...

I own 3. 2 GBBs...

A detonics .R45 and a Glock 19.

The third is a Cyma Desert Eagle AEP. I always carry this one in a leg holster and use it in buildings or when all else fails. I really enjoy dual wielding with this and my MP5K.

I also like the idea that at 220-240 FPS in close quarters buildings I'm not going to severly injure someone as I seem to naturally aim for the high chest/head when startled.

I own a Socom Gear MEU 1911 (gbb) and always carry it as a backup. Its very useful for me when carrying the m14 dmr, and someone gets to close, or I have to bail. I've gotten maybe 4 kills with it, but I've only had it for a couple of months. (Not alot of play where I live =p)

I love my KWC Tanfoglio Witness, even though , yes it's a springer with a fussy 12 rd mag that you have to carry separate or it will fall out in the holster.

Why?

'Cause when you hit a concealed sniper from 150 ft nothing is better than the look on their face.

this happens often, especially because I need more mags for my primaries for longer games.

I favor springers for secondary and tertiary weapons, usually because you don't use them often enough for a need to be gas, and they get beat up a fair bit, even in the holster.

And F-auto gbb? some good those are with 20rd mags (five seconds of awesome, then you're standing with a empty gun.

Note: KWC Tanfoli, if you find one get it, I got mine and it changed my mind about spring pistols. (Now I gotta go hold it and hunt for more to buy)

i have KJW m9, tm sig, and KSC g19 that take turns to go to a skirmishes. i agree with Matthiaz, it is very satisfiying to "kill" someone with a pistol. i once double tapped a guy in the forehead :D . i use my pistols when i get bored with my rifle, or when i get fussy about turning tight corners in CQB. i'v been a lot of bad situations where i run out of ammo and need to draw my pistol. they can be lifesavers. i recommend bringing a pistol to every game, especialy CQB .

Archived