Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

My sites have a more or less tight rule over minimum engagement distance, so every time we're too close for AEG's i'd rather pull out my gun than use my rifle. It's easier to handle (though it has a limited number of possible shots), nicer to shoot around a corner just peeking out, changing mags makes the game look even nicer, and frankly I'd rather shoot with a pistol knowing that my enemy is only few yards away rather than using the AEG and try to aim where it hurts less :)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a word to those who doubt the capabilities of a good GBB sidearm.

In February, I was playing at Airsoft Sequoia. I was using my standard (and only) kit, with an upgraded TM G3SG/1 as my primary. Halfway through the third game, I was holed up behind a fallen tree and firing everything I got to hold back a couple of hostiles trying to take the hill side I was on. My rifle soon ran dry. I put it down and grabbed my sidearm, a TM Glock 17 with a Guarder full enhancement kit installed.

I had one magazine (25 rounds) with a full charge of HFC22. I also had some loose rounds on me. I used that handgun to hold back those hostiles for another ten minutes, buying my team additional time. When the gas was finally depleted, I had fired 60 rounds. I killed one hostile and made the other one fall back.

Hardly a story that makes me think anything other than, "you could have done better with more ammo in your AEG."

Anyway. I love pistols. Seeing as I'm mostly found lugging a sniper rifle around, and often crawling through tunnels in bushes, I kinda need to use a pistols lots.

There was a time when I found myself at the top of a hill, a foe at the base of the hill, laying in a ditch out of view behind tall grass. He was unable to move without the entire front line of our team blasting him with support guns. So, I dropped my rifle and ran. Pistol in hand, I could still happily balance and move down the hill with no fear of falling over and fully able to concentrate on the unsteady ground not the long combersome rifle in my hands. Got to the bottom and stuck my barrel in his face. Really couldn't have done that with a rifle. It wouldn't have been as funny either. :)

Well i sold the colt, now my pistol is a CYMA glock 18c AEP. Great little gun, its good to have the option of full auto to break a contact if im pinned down. I also have a blowback M9 (tactical master) which is a lovely gun, but im selling this. My main sidearm, however is an MP5SD6 :D

I carry a TM P226 in a Safariland drop leg holster on every game.

It will get used when in a confined situation because a long gun is too unwieldy, or when my primary M4 does down.

Most woodland days I'll draw it maybe once or twice, more so at an urban site.

They have been several times during my airsoft career when I have mounted a last ditch defense, with mags and my pistol spread in front me, tearing through BBs as fast as possible and not giving up until I'm out of ammo.

Plus, a pistol just looks damn cool.

I mostly use my P90 but I often use my pistol if I need something smaller than my P90 (Doesn't happen often), No ammo left for my primary, or if my Primary is empty and I'm in the middle of a firefight and don't have time to reload my primary. Also i use it if someone is close to me, coz my P90 can outrange all of my pistols.

Superkenster

I have two now. A Glock 19 and a Baby Hi-capa. I got my first kill while riding in the back of a suv with my Glock. Alot of events around here usually has a couple pistol only games for the fun of it.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit of an amateur ^_^

I have 6 guns.

5 of them are cheap springers.

5 of them are pistols. (the last one is a springer shotgun)

1 of them is a NBB. (which I just got and can't wait to shoot my buds with!)

1 of my pistols is lost, two are broken, and the last one (sadly enough) has been my primary weapon of choice.

20 bucks at Big 5, clocking 220 FPS with .12g (so its even less than that when you consider we use .20g Bio). We play on my friends property, most of them have AEGs.

I'm just more comfortable with a pistol than a rifle. I've gotten plenty of kills and am deadly accurate (if close enough ;) )with my trusty springer. Plus, when we do spring matches, I become a major threat.

Looking forward to having a decent amount of power next game.

I own 6 pistols.

5 of them springers

1 is a GBB KSC full-sized .45 USP.

I love her to bits. Her name is Ulrike, which means "Mistress of All" in German. Shes gotten a fair bit of kills now, especially when I am sneaking around in the dark in CQB sites in stealth mode. In fact when I want to sneak around I unsling Elvira (my G36K AEG) and depend only on Ulrike.

i try to alternate between rifle and pistol. if i can get a pistol kill, i will

A: for cool points

B: to save my rifle ammo for when i need that range and accuracy

i have 1 pistol now, but i plan on buying another, when the TM MEU comes out (then ill have the MEU and MARSOC, both TM)

-Joe

My full metal 1911 broke its nozzle the first shot i fired at the first skirmish I brought it to, vented all the gas and ejected half of the nozzle out the ejection port *explodes in sobs* :(

luckily it was still under warranty airsoft GI's RMA department is being Bitchy though

I am not going to even count srpingers as part of my collection. I own 4 M9 berettas of various makes.

I will be selling my BNIB WA texas ranger one soon. I also have a TM 4.3 hih cappa, (silver and black version) and 2 Tanaka works Colt SAA revolvers. One of which will be for sale soon as well. I use them in all my games. Being lazy i get tired of running around with M16 etc so i duel weild pistols instead. Plus they are so much more fun to use. They fell more real due to all being GBB

I own a KWA G19 and use it when I run out of ammo (only one high cap mag ATM) and when there are two entrances ( JG 614 with the other hand crossing the front to point toward another area and it works quiet well!. Was thinking about going to an AEP but I already bought an propane adapter.

• 8 months later...

Archived