Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

Well it looks to me like you're wearing a Maritime-Ciras (judging by shoulders and release handle, i could be wrong though). In that case, because in real life it's a Hard and Soft armor carrier, a PACA would technically be unecessasary. But if it's not a Ciras/armor carrier, a PACA would look good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice setup.... very simple, not dripping with gucci... very realistic, if not for the airsoft setting, you could almost actually mistake you for a real world contractor...

I agree, nice impression. I think some of us need to take a stand against gucci gear and think practically. I like the idea that not everyone is apart of a well funded militia. Some of us will be running sans über technology, peq/2, acogs, etc. Nice gear man.

This is my PMC impression. I know that the Eotech looks darn fugly on the AKSU and that AKSU's aren't very used by these contractors but I thought what the heck :D This is also my first pic on arnies so go easy on me lads ;)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Andr...CIMPRESSION.jpg

For some reason I think the eotech looks awesome on the right AK. A nice juxtaposition of old tech vs. high tech to create a mean WMD. I would ditch the pleated khaki pants and go for something a bit more 5.11

Soon as my soft armour has finished being made, ill get some photos up of my kit... its low tech, comfortable, and works....

(belt order, dropleg mag rig (ak)

chicom for coms, grenades, and spare mags.

and my friend, a gearsmith is custom making me a set of pacaesque armour... as my ony other option is real stuff... and i cant be bothered...

Nice setup.... very simple, not dripping with gucci... very realistic, if not for the airsoft setting, you could almost actually mistake you for a real world contractor...

Thank you, I have recently replaced my Plate Carrier with a CIRAS which fits much better. I comb through these forums in effort to replicate "to a degree" the style and gear US SF uses, but I have more or less switched from trying to look just like this or that operator and instead what works for me. Sometimes the two are very different.

Looks good Souske. To my mind it looks a bit more like an SF loadout than PMC, what with the large backpack and extra AK and all, it looks like you were just dropped off the chopper for a some extensive in-country rooting around.

Not a bad thing at all, just an observation.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Thanks for the comments and suggestion guys.

Zepher, as you noted, I was going more of the SF look (thus the painted carbine, 203, etc).

AverageAsian, as for the jeans...they turned out a lot bluer than in person in the pictures, lol. I wore the jeans since they were what I was already wearing before I decided to take pictures of the stuff.

Hmm, I'm putting together a PMC loadout but I am having a bit of trouble finding a top that doesn't cling to me (helly hansen style) or would roast me in summer (norgi), I would prefer something thats a solid colour either khaki or OD. I've seen a few lightweight jackets with velcro patches on the arms upthread, what are those?

Alternatively does anyone know any PMCish looking tops that are good for summer use?

Hmm, I'm putting together a PMC loadout but I am having a bit of trouble finding a top that doesn't cling to me (helly hansen style) or would roast me in summer (norgi), I would prefer something thats a solid colour either khaki or OD.

5.11 long sleeve button up shirt. They're cheap, and work quite well in the summer. You can roll up the sleeves and they have integrated clips to stay rolled in an orderly fashion. I've been happy with mine.

-CapaciousZepher:

Roll up those gloves bud.

Or even a pair of cargos. I've got a darkish brown pair that I really like the look of.

Not sure if I posted this here already but I'm wearing them in this pic, which admitadly is more of a Civ SF look.

us_sf_woodland.gif

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Cap Z,

what chest rig are you wearing? I dig on your loadout(s) that you have posted in the past, I think what makes it work is the comfort level you show in your gear. Take note kiddos, If your going to do an impression, looking comfortable and confident in all that gear is a big part of it. Have you thought about tone-ing down the green on the paint job for your weapon. Your wearing alot of arid colors and the weapon seems so saturated in color compared to the rest of your gear. You should try to find an OD, or foliage paint for that nice weapon.

Nice Job! :coffee:

Figured i haven't used my Eagle chest Rig in a while. So i busted it out to use with my new Blackhawk Low pro PC. Need to get some filler though. Fortunately, I didn't have any because it was blazing hot that day.

DSC00939.jpg

normal_P2180015.jpg

Cap Z,

what chest rig are you wearing?

I think he mentioned elsewhere that it's a TT MAV.

Another Question zo Zepher tough, doesn't that Armour Replica chew up the front of your Shirt? I have a MilSpex Replica and it's the Death Sentence for everything I wear underneath, the Front is completely ripped up after a Day of Gaming.

If yours doesn't do that, can you specify the Manufacturer?

Thanks

C.

Archived