Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

Thanks Ghost :)

yeah, i know, but it's a degree better then black i feel :P, i can't get my hands on Krylon here, so i ordered a can from the UK and they only had TAN in...does Krylon make a dark earth color?

Well, obviously i haven't been able to find out in the field, but that was infact the first thing i tested out, and the holster didn't seem to be in the way :)

Krylon have discontinued their camouflage range so its hard to get now but they have a new 'Camouflage Fusion' range.

There isn't as many colours available though (only 4 iirc)

Firesupport or Airsoft World are the best bet for Krylon. Firesupport also has a handy colour reference chart for Krylon on their site.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Ghost :)

yeah, i know, but it's a degree better then black i feel :P, i can't get my hands on Krylon here, so i ordered a can from the UK and they only had TAN in...does Krylon make a dark earth color?

Well, obviously i haven't been able to find out in the field, but that was infact the first thing i tested out, and the holster didn't seem to be in the way :)

Sorry.

Double post.

A couple rather poor shots of me doing some Mozambiques in the backyard. Better pics, in my "formal" skirmishing kit, should be up shortly.

HPIM9780.jpg

HPIM9781.jpg

Kit:

HPIM9783.jpg

Don't mind the fire selector on the AK, it seriously took a sh!t on me and went all loose. Working on fixing it now, as the gun (CM.035) is great otherwise.

thx for all the replies guys!

Sturgis: For colour reference - Tan vs Medium Brown Krylon

http://nilz.sabaki.co.uk/airsoft/tacmasx2.jpg

nice! thanks for that, looks like th medium brown is the stuff to get :D

Liking the holster setup there mate.

Is that the Blackhawk CQC, or the ACM version?

Regards,

cheers, i've been after such a setup ever since i saw green beret units using them like that in afghanistan, just never got around to it.

It's the ACM one, though you could fool anyone, since it is full of blackhawk markings, hell, it even came in blackhawk packaging :unsure:

That said, it's real solid and holds my compact very well! I've jumped around, bent over, even went as far as holding it by the holster and swinging it about, and it won't release the pistol until you hit the releasebutton. Good stuff :)

Sturgis is your vest a replica or real deal?

It's the PROUD version ;)

thats my boy sturgis :D

gotta sort mine out and get ur rear back to the uk!

:D

actually, i had a look on my holiday calender today.... soon mate, soon :D

ghost, looks the part man,i like it! :) get some badass tattoos on them forearms to finish it off :D

How is the molle adapter you are using?? i saw them to when i ordered my stuff, but feared it would be able to sag abit unlike the speeclip design.

Looks great ghost! Love that velcro'd PASGT. Just one thing, unless you're a machine gunner on the top of a vehicle, I'd say leave the balaclava off. Personal opinion, but I think that'd look better. Still, looking good. :)

LOL you bastards, dunno if you remember my last loadout but I just had my MICH and the ESS ICE with no bala, and everybody told me to put on a bala :P

Yeah your right Matt, I do see a lot of the gunners wearing balaclavas, but this loadout does still have to comply with my airsoft site (CQB City), which requires me to have the mask. It's either that or wear a PB mask :angry: That, and I also do like the look of the balaclava, but I do agree with you that it would be more realistic for me to have it off if I weren't a gunner.

Matt, thats a MICH. And personally I think you should go with a hat and no balaclava. The rest of that loadout is sweet man!

Yeah i was also thinking of getting one of the plain velcro'd hats from SKD Tac and just running those with my ESS ICE.

I'll hopefully get some better pics on Friday. I'll try one with just the MICH and ICE and no bala. I can't do just the ICE and hat since I don't have one yet, but I may get one in the future. The pictures will also have my MICH more tightened down, and hopefully somebody to take the picture!

cheers, i've been after such a setup ever since i saw green beret units using them like that in afghanistan, just never got around to it.

It's the ACM one, though you could fool anyone, since it is full of blackhawk markings, hell, it even came in blackhawk packaging :unsure:

That said, it's real solid and holds my compact very well! I've jumped around, bent over, even went as far as holding it by the holster and swinging it about, and it won't release the pistol until you hit the releasebutton. Good stuff :)

I was hoping you'd say that... ordering mine tomorrow! :D

Cheers!

Archived