Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghost, Somehow your pants look gangsta-baggy to me, I'd also get some optics on the boomstick. Also lacks comms, and I'd get a pair of gloves to protect my hands if I were you.

Some personal mods and details on the kit would be nice, like an ID card, grimlocks/carabiners etc.

I personally would use a t-shirt some other color than black, it might also look more the business when tucked in.

Just little things that make a loadout look better

I know this might make me some sort of a hypocrite, but I've noticed a distinct lack of pmc snipers.

In real life or in airsoft pictures? You'd be hard pressed to find either as a PMC either rides about in vehicles, protects a client closely or guards gates. Whilst there are the odd exception here and there the whole issue is ambigous as a sniper is a fairly offensive tasking. The subtle difference being that PMC's are supposed to be defensive by reacting to attacks rather than attacking themselves. This makes up a large portion of the argument "why PMC's are not Mercenaries". A sniper can start an engagement long before the enemy are able to and whilst you can argue the engagement is "offense is the best defense" your starting to cross the border of the grey area that PMC's are able to exist in.

On another note, balaclava and helmet? Seen plenty of pics of PMC's like that.

Ghost, Somehow your pants look gangsta-baggy to me, I'd also get some optics on the boomstick. Also lacks comms, and I'd get a pair of gloves to protect my hands if I were you.

Some personal mods and details on the kit would be nice, like an ID card, grimlocks/carabiners etc.

I personally would use a t-shirt some other color than black, it might also look more the business when tucked in.

Just little things that make a loadout look better

What, didn't you know I was gangster? :P Seriously though when ordering my 5.11 pants, I had to return them at first because they sent me them in the wrong color (TDU green), and I had to pay for postage back and all this hassle. The right color comes, and the pants turn out to be a little too big. Too fed up to have to pack it up, return it and pay postage, wait for a refund and order again. So yeah, pants are gonna be a bit too big. As for optics, I'm waiting until my M733 outer barrel comes, then I'll get an EoTech 551. As for comms and gloves, I play at a CQB place so the comms would just be unnecessary, and the gloves I play better without (personal preference).

I do like the black color t-shirt (inspiration from Argyll on MP.net: adxsizedtm2.jpg

but I'll tuck it in next time.

Thanks for the comm setup pics, Rogue and matt. Much appreciated.

I'm gonna give the TOTO Bowman replica a go tomorrow, as a local guy owns one and I figured I oughta try before I buy. I plan on gutting a real Bowman, then putting the guts of my Pryme SPM-1400T into it.

Hopefully I can get some updated pics of my loadout at the game, but no guarantees. :P

In real life or in airsoft pictures? You'd be hard pressed to find either as a PMC either rides about in vehicles, protects a client closely or guards gates. Whilst there are the odd exception here and there the whole issue is ambigous as a sniper is a fairly offensive tasking. The subtle difference being that PMC's are supposed to be defensive by reacting to attacks rather than attacking themselves. This makes up a large portion of the argument "why PMC's are not Mercenaries". A sniper can start an engagement long before the enemy are able to and whilst you can argue the engagement is "offense is the best defense" your starting to cross the border of the grey area that PMC's are able to exist in.

I meant airsoft, but I see what you're saying. Makes sense tbh. Bit I think I'd still like to see sniper pmc loadouts regardless of their real life counterparts (or lack thereof).

my fapc by diamondback tactical came in the other day so i decided to take some pictures, i guess this is my pmc loadout of sorts. still needs a duty belt to hold my drop leg and leg rig, along with a dump pouch i dont own yet. also could use some contractor pants.

DSCF0611.jpg

DSCF0612.jpg

kit list(top to botom)

-arena flakjaks with desert filters removed

-OD beenie, needs to be replaced with some sort of tacticool cap

-tan shmeg

-condor backpack style hydration carrier

-diamondback tactical fapc

-radio with ID card retention device

-condor double frag pouch

-m4 triple mag shingle

-3 famas tm hicaps

-black leather belt

-firadragon dropleg holster

-tm 1911 w/ retention lanyard.

any sugestions? obviously i have a variety of bdus and camies i could wear under all this but im lazy today.

Sorry for being the douche who comments on other stuff in the picture, but that is a badass Jesus poster.

About the kit, are you planning on getting a rack for the FAPC? You should also get some gloves, Mechanix or something. And you are right about the duty belt, it would help.

Sorry for being the douche who comments on other stuff in the picture, but that is a badass Jesus poster.

About the kit, are you planning on getting a rack for the FAPC? You should also get some gloves, Mechanix or something. And you are right about the duty belt, it would help.

no matter where i take pictures i seem to get comments about the backround(im sure you've seen my sheets, theyr the kissing lips ones)

by rack do you mean the cumberbund? if so, not reely anytime soon but if there is anything else i could where over this than i would look into it. i have a pair of mechanix, not sure why i didnt put em on.

and im contemplating between the duty belt and the molle belt, not sure which would be better for me. im definetly trying to keep this loadout light. right now i carry 5 mags, i might change the single stack shingles to double mag pouches to hold 6 on my chest and 2 on my leg.

Yeah go Duty Belt plus Eagle belt pad (or the Pantac equivalent).

And yes I did mean the DBT rack cummerbund, but only if you need that extra real estate. I've found that PC's without cummerbunds, like the MBSS, don't hold all the stuff I need.

Yeah go Duty Belt plus Eagle belt pad (or the Pantac equivalent).

And yes I did mean the DBT rack cummerbund, but only if you need that extra real estate. I've found that PC's without cummerbunds, like the MBSS, don't hold all the stuff I need.

as for the duty belt, your not suposed to wear it through your belt loops right? what holds it up? cause my hips dont exactly bring all the boys to the yard... i dont think im suposed to wear suspenders because im not going to be carrying much on the belt, just my holster, dump pouch and thigh rig.

and ill get the cumberbund if i ever get into the more milsim side of things, as of now i still use hicaps and carry just the things i need for airsoft on my vest, i run reely light because i leave all that extra ###### people normally carry on them back at the staging area.

I meant airsoft, but I see what you're saying. Makes sense tbh. Bit I think I'd still like to see sniper pmc loadouts regardless of their real life counterparts (or lack thereof).

He's talking rubbish, mate.

There are numerous tasks for a PSC. Static security (guarding a building), generally involves counter-snipers, so a 'sniper loadout' would be fine.

I wish people would stop with the "PSCs only do convoys and PSD tasks" rubbish. Especially when I have explained numerous times that this is NOT the case.

I would also like to see a PSC Sniper loadout.

(Proof of PSC snipers-

)

I never said they didnt exist, I just said they're rare :rolleyes: . Counter-Snipers wont always have a traditional "sniper" weapon, unless we count a sniper rifle as anything with a scope on. Actual snipers wont exist at all as it DOES contravene the rules of engagment that contractors are allowed to work in.

As for loadouts, it wont be anything more than comfortable clothing, body armour, sidearm and a rifle with a bandolier/bag of magazines.

Archived