ESS cancelled my ICE Eyshield order

sekiryu

Basically, they've gone H&K on me ("you're not an operator, so you don't deserve to have these").

Thank you for your order with ESS. Unfortunately, the ICE eye shields are not sold for Airsoft sports. At this time your order will be canceled, and your card will be refunded in full.

Our goggles are meant for use in military training and military action, where we are required to meet high impact standards to properly protect soldiers who have been trained in the use of our goggles. We don’t recommend private citizens using our product in sports such airsoft and paintball, as we don’t market to that sector of the community. These goggles are not designed for the activity of Airsoft and do not provide sufficient coverage for this activity.

Thank you in advance for your understanding, as ESS wants our customers to be fully protected while using there products.

"Do not provide sufficient coverage for this activity" my skinny white *albatross*!

So, where else can I get ICE Eyeshields, with prescription inserts?

Im guessing this is a move to protect thier own Glutamous maximus's if you were to injure yourself while wearing thier products for playing as you might have sued them for false advertising.

Welcome to the American legal system.

Yeah, it's a CYA thing more than it is a "you're an airsofter lulz" - using products for unintended purposes gets people sued these days. Notice the phrase:

These goggles are not designed for the activity of Airsoft and do not provide sufficient coverage for this activity.

I can see it. the ESS ICE are not full seal goggles, but glasses & it's quite possible that a bb could get past the lens. Many sites/groups do require full seal goggles & these just wouldn't qualify.

Nothing "you're not an operator" about it, just *albartroth* covering as FarEast & others have mentioned.

Miah

Perhaps the fact that they required me to disclose what they were going to be used for before processing the order?

Yes you really should have seen that coming.
facepalmlk3.jpg

If you can't think around stuff like this happening (glaringly obviously so), you don't deserve the goggles :P

I can see it. the ESS ICE are not full seal goggles, but glasses & it's quite possible that a bb could get past the lens. Many sites/groups do require full seal goggles & these just wouldn't qualify.

Nothing "you're not an operator" about it, just *albartroth* covering as FarEast & others have mentioned.

Miah

i use ICE 2.4s for skirmishing.... never had a problem... in cqb and urban... i detest goggles and masks for the visiblity restriction. I dont see a point really. Tbh you really shouldnt have blabberd about airsoft with them.... somewhat daft.... They DO sell to civilians as shooting glasses.... you just monged a bit thats all ;)

lesson learned eh?

R

Archived