G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one up comes from spending loads of money on a bit of metal rail with some mounting holes!

(I say this, it hasn't arrived yet, stupid snow)

I'd like an army code, but the whole point of spending the extra on the proper markings etc is kinda negated by how they messed hum the GMBH and put the wrong letter, I can't remember which one it was though, I just remember it being wrong, any idea if they fixed this?

Edited by Skarclaw

Pkekyo - Nice. How did you mount that rail on the AG36? I like it, and I want one.

Did you use spare G36 rails or something else? I have some G36C side rails and a set of spare UMP rails that are kicking around here that would probably work. What did you use to secure them inside the handguard?

Any idea if there would be space to mount a rail on the bottom of an AG36?

Edited by Hedganian

I have successfully attached a G36C side rail to my AG36 handguard in shameless imitation of Pkekyo, by means of the standard rail screws and the... er... things that attach the scope rails to the body.

Also, having done a crude measurement of the thickness of the bottom plate, I'm planning to drill and tap a couple of holes for another rail on the bottom. Given the weight of the AG36 and its effect on the balance of the rifle, I find often find myself gripping under the launcher's barrel rather than holding the pistol grip. I figure that adding a rail there will give me the option of another foregrip or rail cover for added comfort.

Pics to follow.

heres my g36c after the latest round of upgrades and new bits added on:

DSCF1918.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

her internal upgrades are just simple things like an new spring, tightbore and hop rubber.

in addition she now has a nice torch and front grip. then the most interesting thing in my eye is the flat rail and magpul replica sights (though i cant actually decide if i like them or not) im also trying a vn length pmag in there for looks to see if it works for a future project, i normally run thermold mags in there as seen in this older pic here:

06072008137.jpg

hope she passes muster guys

millest

C-mag for a G36C? Shame on you.

not for a long time - the days of blasting expensive white stuff every where are over! i do like how she looks now both with either the thermold or more so with the 150 rd vn length p-mags but i just can not decide on the magpul sights, i just cant work out if i like them or not, as i usually have an eotech on her they almost seem like an expensive extravagence that im not sure works!

millest