TM 1911 or WE 1911

soulman666

Guys which version would be better to get. There is a simple £5 difference in price but i think i trust TM more than WE. What are your personal opionions?

Thanks.

The vast majority of people would say go for the TM version.

With such a small price difference I would definitely recommend the TM, its hard to see how you would be dissapointed.

Its definitely one the best GBB available today, you cant go wrong really.

Have you read reviews of both pistols? (I will post some links if you havent)

I own a WE and a TM, my WE was one of the early ones and has had some internal upgrades done to it and uses the newer 2nd Gen magazines and works wonderfully.

The newer 4.3 version or the 3.8 versions of the WE 1911 Is much, much better and there is a tactical version as well.

I spent some money on mine and its now a lovely bit of kit.

The TM one is stock and worked flawlessly from the box.

To be honest I would say go for the TM 1911, but I love my WE 1911.

Cheers

Rich

Very often the choice between the TM 1911 and the WE 1911 comes down to cost but with only £5 difference it seems like a pointless discussion.

People say "well the WE is full metal" big deal!

Full metal DOES NOT equal good gun, who seroiusly in their right mind would pick a WE 1911 over a TM 1911 if money is no object?

I mean c'mon.

I love these discussions - The same people who used to rubbish WA guns and say they were grossly over-rated are now the same people who (often) who leap to the defence of the TM guns...

WE are pretty good if you want an all metal gun on a buget, but the TM's better made.

Me? I really liked the TM 1911, but I've yet to see a WE one - That said I prefer the WE Hi-Capas to the TM one, because it's got a better balance and a better kick, even though I can see the TM one is made to tighter tolerances. Can't really comment on range, but the WEs I've fired recently have been pretty accurate at 5-10m.

Cheers.

I won both. The TM is a much more reliable, and well built gun. It will last longer even if left stock.

The WE shoots nicely when it is new (if you don't get a lemon right off the bat), but will rapidly deteriorate with use. The manufacturer tolerances are ######, and the design of the sear system is really a Hi Capa set up stuffed into a split frame single stack. Bad idea.

Just to confirm, i have been using green gas pretty much exclusivly with my TM 1911 and it has only ever had one fault, caused by bad maintanence on my part.

Just make sure you lube it before every shoot (like you should with every GBB)

I have no experience with any other 1911 or similar on the market.

Er, I am disappointed with the KWC... :huh:

What were you disappointed about, with it?

Which version KWC did you get?

What sort of circumstances with the model?

the TM and the WE model both have good points and bad points.

Get which one suits you. :)

Archived