CQB Mask

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone is interested, I can get it for you cheaper(US only)...

Please PM me the price. I'm curious.

When the get Army of Two masks I'm ordering. I want the smiley mask :)

It might be a while yet as they're still in the planning stage.

'Mesh eyes' could be nasty, given all those 'shattering BB' stories... sure you'd want something impacting that close to your eyeball? I'd much rather wear normal goggles/mask over these instead.

Not to rehash the topic, but I've been playing airsoft for over 18 going on 19 years, 13 or 14 of those years with mesh goggles, and when I played with my HK team at FPS higher than the 500s. I have NEVER had a BB shatter on me and neither have any of the others I played with. But that's just me with close to 20 years experience. I'm not saying it can't happen, but then again I've never had someone try to shoot me at 0 inches from my mesh.

on the subject of mesh i never had any trouble with it. i dented it a little bit while testing it at point blank, but thats about it. recently i switched over to a pair of ESS goggles, they dont fog unless i stay in one place for about half an hour without moving and that can be remedied by running around in a circle for a minute or so. mesh just got on my nerves the way it makes everything much darker.

Could someone in the UK that's bought one give me an idea of postage per chance?

Mine arrived today. Postage for a single mask from the US was $37, however I dont know if that will reduce as the lady wasn't expecting any orders from the UK so hadn't set anything up.

A bunch of guys from Electrowerkz are doing a bulk order if that is any help.

THE HORROR!

Initial thoughts:

Not entirely comfy if you have a couple of weeks growth on your face :rolleyes:

Needs smoothing / sanding inside

Needs better placement of adjustable straps

But, overall, quite impressive. Airsoft needs more imaginitive products like this. Well done!

Mask

photo0001in8.th.jpg

Inside mask

photo0002wp4.th.jpg

Wearing mask

photo0003de5.th.jpg

photo0004dv9.th.jpg

photo0010nu2.th.jpg

photo0009te8.th.jpg

photo0008ue9.th.jpg

photo0007tc5.th.jpg

photo0006bd3.th.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived yesterday, I'll throw up a full review after Sunday's skirmish. First impressions though: pretty comfortable. Only one point on the bridge of my nose where it sits uncomfortable, and that's my multi broken nose's fault. Throw on my goggles and shemagh, and I'm good to go. Mask took good to paint, I added a quick job just to make it Sunday, and will probably redo with templates and Krylon next week. Here it is with the ghetto paint...

P1010004-3.jpg

Alright, here's the quick review: I love this thing. Once it's painted better, I'll love it even more. Wore it every game today, about 5 hours in the field. It took a few hits, all just fine, with some small dents from a point blank test fire and no other visible marks. It was in the low 70's today, and the mask, with my goggles over it, and a hat were comfortable all day. Mask sits close enough that it didn't hinder vision, hits were heard rather than felt, and it creeped a lot of people out. With a baseball or utility cover on backwards, the straps for the goggles and mask, which sit over the tops of your ears, cap be held higher by the brim of the hat. I also wore the helmet seen above a few games and that worked fine too. I did sweat inside the mask, but so more so than I would have anyway, it was just noticeable, and I was able to wipe it away between each round. Another player also used his new Sykes, he uses glasses rather than mesh and said he never fogged today. He also took a few close quarters face hits and only heard them rather than felt them.

Actually got round to using mine for the first time last weekend on the Saturday.

I'd already sanded down the mask a bit on the inside, this made quite a difference to simple comfort.

I wore it during a CQB training session that was being held during the lunch break, it was a a sunny day and quite warm, but I felt no real discomfort, the only issue was drinking from a hydropack tube.

This is a good product and I will certainly be using it when I play CQB specific games, not sure I'll bother with it too much during the normal woodland/mixed games I regularly play at Gunman Tuddenham.

Actually got round to using mine for the first time last weekend on the Saturday.

I'd already sanded down the mask a bit on the inside, this made quite a difference to simple comfort.

I wore it during a CQB training session that was being held during the lunch break, it was a a sunny day and quite warm, but I felt no real discomfort, the only issue was drinking from a hydropack tube.

This is a good product and I will certainly be using it when I play CQB specific games, not sure I'll bother with it too much during the normal woodland/mixed games I regularly play at Gunman Tuddenham.

If you need some padding

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

this is what I'll be using in my new mask

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=143786

Archived