Mossberg 500 shotgun, 6 mm version by ACM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is absolutely my next buy...i'm going to cut the barrel as USMCCORPS did, and then get myself a vertical grip pump, and a pistol grip instead of the stock, and if that doesn't work, then i'll just cut the stock, i must have a short shotgun! gonna be my alternate primary since i only really play CQC

Crimson, this is what I'm referring to.

The loading collar. The big hole is where the BB's are loaded into. Now, ontop of the collar you can see the groove inbetween the two half moons. In the centre of this groove is the thread for a screw which holds a small bar of metal in (which is moved by the charging handles).

Now, underneath this screw it's possible to drill a small hole and put a small pin of metal in. It's not perfect, but it can be done. Personally, I'm going to explore my idea of inserting a piece of piping into the chamber in order to restrict the BB's.

yeh thats what i was talking about:

Someone have a look at my o ring thread and give me an answer please ;)

a quick question, is there any way that a larger gas reservoir could be added? like perhaps put one in the stock? just a quick idea, maybe even just run a hose connected to the original tank and the new tank, underneath the trigger gaurd.it'd look ugly but be a lot better, just a suggestion as it doesn't seem like this thing can fire all the bb's with one gas charge

Aside from the usual charging arm probs, is the verdict on the 6mm version more towards good or bad? I suppose I would like to see if it can run red gas first, but I just wanted to know.

Yes easy with no problems, i run ics green gas and red gas no problems

a quick question, is there any way that a larger gas reservoir could be added? like perhaps put one in the stock? just a quick idea, maybe even just run a hose connected to the original tank and the new tank, underneath the trigger gaurd.it'd look ugly but be a lot better, just a suggestion as it doesn't seem like this thing can fire all the bb's with one gas charge

yes this could be done there is a space at the back of the reciever you could drill to allow a hose like the maruzen version

Crimson, how hard would it be to do this, also, what kind of tank would you use,would you connect the new tank to the old one with just a hole basically, or just run a hose from the filling valve, i am very interested in this, as i would even more love to have the ability to choose between having a full stock with extra gas, or a pistol grip with the stock gas, btw, has anyone confirmed that you can use ALL RS Mossberg 500 parts, as in pumps, grips, heatshields, stocks, and such? to USMCCORPS, how much did you end up taking off of the barrel, i mean, how much more did the outer barrel extend past the inner one?

to USMCCORPS, how much did you end up taking off of the barrel, i mean, how much more did the outer barrel extend past the inner one?

Don't recall. 2... 3 inches? When you get the shotty, it's very easy to guesstimate exactly how much you need to cut off: Take any kind of measuring device, insert into the outer barrel, measure how deep it is before you reach the inner barrel, cut off a little less than that measurement. Clean up the edges. Done.

The above takes less than 5-10 minutes depending on how careful and anal you are.

Crimson, how hard would it be to do this, also, what kind of tank would you use,would you connect the new tank to the old one with just a hole basically, or just run a hose from the filling valve, i am very interested in this, as i would even more love to have the ability to choose between having a full stock with extra gas, or a pistol grip with the stock gas, btw, has anyone confirmed that you can use ALL RS Mossberg 500 parts, as in pumps, grips, heatshields, stocks, and such? to USMCCORPS, how much did you end up taking off of the barrel, i mean, how much more did the outer barrel extend past the inner one?

I would use the maruzen detachable tank, hose and stock from the m1100

(seen here) its already done all you need to do is drill a hole or create a valve for the rear of the m500's reservoir.

Personaly the reservoir in there will last you around 20 to 30 shots which is good, i will be turning mine into a pistol grip verson so dont really want to mess with gas tanks

well i bought the same heat shield as usmccorps, and a real steel pistol grip and pump action grip with ris attached ile let you know goes when it gets here next next week.

As soon as the Front site finishes is where you cut it allowing you enough space to file down, the inner barrel starts exactly where the front site ends, so i cut off 6cm with 1 cm to file down

okay.an odd question that i absolutely need clarified before i can actually use this shotgun.is if physically possible to "half cock" this gun so that it only loads say 2 bb's? the owner of the arena that i go to said that if that was possible he wouldn't allow it since it would up the velocity since less bb's were being fired....also, how fast does this shoot with .2's on green? cuz he only really wants to use .2's on his field

okay.an odd question that i absolutely need clarified before i can actually use this shotgun.is if physically possible to "half cock" this gun so that it only loads say 2 bb's? the owner of the arena that i go to said that if that was possible he wouldn't allow it since it would up the velocity since less bb's were being fired....also, how fast does this shoot with .2's on green? cuz he only really wants to use .2's on his field

Doesn't make any difference if you use any heavier weight bb, they will still output the same energy.

BTW, we used two of these babies today in a CQB game. Both worked flawlessly throughout the day, no leaks and malfunctions of any kind. Effective range is about 20-25 meters with .25s, so I would stick to indoor use, room clearing only.

With a pistol grip and cut down barrel these can be formidable guns for those close and personal moments :) since they can put more BBs into the target(s) than regular AEGs in the same timeframe.

I'll try to fix the inner barrel wobble and add a little more hop to the system.

The Pistol Grip guy wont ship to the uk for some stupid reason, ile try and get them sent here.

No you cannot half cock the gun, no m500 can do this including the marushin version.

With .20s low 260 Fps on Green gas indoors, people read the posts these questions have been answered already

According to my chrono the gun shoots a single BB at 475fps ("Ultrair" green gas). The five shot spread at 10 meters is about the size of an A4 paper sheet. Two BBs from the spread are pretty ineffective, so a 3-4 shot conversion would be truly a good modification.

Hey guys and gals!

I'm in the market for a new M500 shotgun right now (I hope to buy one within the next few days) but I'm having a hard time deciding between a used Marushin M500 8mm Export Version and a brand new ACM M500 6mm Version, so I thought I'd ask the guys who have had experience with both of these shotguns for some advice.

The price would be about the same regardless of if I got the used Marushin 8mm or the ACM 6mm, and either way I would be installing steel charging arms, chopping down the barrel, and installing a real steel pistol grip on it to keep it very short for shooting from the hip in CQB room clearing use.

So I'm just wondering, for those who have used both a Marushin 8mm and the ACM 6mm, which would you prefer? I'm mainly looking for something for room clearing so I'm leaning towards the ACM 6mm for the wide BB spread but I think the spread on the Marushin 8mm is pretty good too even with just 3 BBs it will really come down to reliability. Other than the typically weak charging arms what do you think of the overall construction and reliability of the ACM M500s?

I'm really kinda stuck here and after reading every page of this thread at least 3 times I still can't decide on which shotgun to go with. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aww... looks like the Marushin deal fell through, sooooo I went ahead and ordered a black ACM M500 6mm shotgun from Airsoft GI tonight! Also, while I was at it I picked up a set of Private Parts M500 steel charging arms from Airsoft Extreme and a real steel Tac-Star heat shield and pistol grip from Midway USA to give it a good shorty conversion :D

So woo hoo! Should have my shotgun and all related parts by next week methinks! :D