Classic Army - Sneak Peeks

orca

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not especially in love with Classic Army, but they are not a clone company. I think if you really give it some thought, most of the "once" clone companies are now nolonger clone companies. Just because company A makes a gun company B have made, doesn't make them a clone company.....this has to be understood.

The CA AUG's bolt carrier serial number is 210396.

The TM AUG's bolt carrier and barrel serial number is 210396.

Clone. However, CA took the cheapass route and left off the gas tube details. As well as the barrel markings.

The RPK fails hard, 2 seconds looking on world.guns and you can see what a RPK receiver looks like, why not put that little bit of effort in and make it look decent?. Its not really a small detail either, look here (had to borrow Shroomalistic's pic of his RPK receiver as its the best close up i could find, and its correct in how it looks) there is a huge difference

casuck.jpg

For those of us interested in a proper RPK, would it be hard to take a stamped receiver and mod those little greeblies on?

In other news, I'd still buy the gun if the internal quality is okay, because I'm not into staring at the side of the receiver in games. I do agree though that it wouldn't have been hard at all to make it right.

For those of us interested in a proper RPK, would it be hard to take a stamped receiver and mod those little greeblies on?

Its not hard to do it, it's the fact that company's cant be bothered to put that 2 seconds of work into designing these things is the point im trying to make ;)

The SA58 is the only one of those guns i'm interested in. Now if only they'd do one with a skeleton stock...

The foregrip is EXTREMELY small.

Im not sure if you could fit anything but a lipo in there and even then i think you'd be pressed for space.

P90s look HIDEOUS. I love the bobbled grey body TR or the smooth black RD... Unless theres something up with those pics, the CA P90s just look...cheap.

My thought exactly!

The TM is very nicely finished for such a design. but the CA looks like another well.

plus it's their first v6 GB, so there will be trail and error for a while.

If you ask me, they start to become greedy, with even less effort.

The RPK fails hard, 2 seconds looking on world.guns and you can see what a RPK receiver looks like, why not put that little bit of effort in and make it look decent?. Its not really a small detail either, look here (had to borrow Shroomalistic's pic of his RPK receiver as its the best close up i could find, and its correct in how it looks) there is a huge difference

casuck.jpg

Um i thought the reciever is supposed to be on the right side of the gun.

The pictures CA provided of their RPK only shows the left side of the gun.

I will say that CA definitely has the ability to do some things right. Their new series of sportlines meet or exceed any clone in performance and reliability.

I would have to disagree with that as only mine out of three sportlines i bought for the team hasn't gone back in for repairs. JG seems to be climbing past CA in reliability, to me CA guns are polished turds. I will say that my CA AUGA2 has been great and its firing the same as it did the day i got it. Go AUG's!

Nice to see both variants of the MP5K. However, I'd still be far more concerned about the quality and fit & finish of the metal body on them than whether they perform well or not. It looks reasonable from the photos, but I would need to see one up close and personal before singing their praises. Especially given the past experience with their stand alone MP5K mbk, which was *fruitcage* awful.

No kidding. They all arrived warped and you could not get the body pieces to line up without forcing and risking that awfully cracking that so many of us got.

haha, I used around nine thousand rounds my first game with my AUG. No problems

i guess i might be lucky...

edit: "grammer"...

Lucky? No, you're personally watched over by Gabriel and the whole choir invisible. Okay, not really, but the newer CAs don't really seem much better than Chinese clones. Years ago, I had issues with their dodgy metal bodies. Then I started to get suspicious of their diminishing internal quality. The whole appeal was that they were good-to-go right out of the box. They were great for newbs since they had metal bodies and decent-ish internals. After I got my hands on one of their Arsenal AKs I was convinced they had nothing left to offer.

Weird...Classic Army use to be at the top (second to TM, in my opinion), but in the past few years, there quality has turned to $#^%. The internals are pretty bad, the externals are OK, but they have dropped out of the race for top guns. There is a video on youtube of a guy that has an old CA M15A4. After 30k rounds and a year of him owning it, it still shoots like the day he got it. Now, the guns need many upgrades in this time frame.

And please, don't flame me for stating my opinion.

Duke_Nukem

Years ago, I had issues with their dodgy metal bodies. Then I started to get suspicious of their diminishing internal quality. The whole appeal was that they were good-to-go right out of the box. They were great for newbs since they had metal bodies and decent-ish internals. After I got my hands on one of their Arsenal AKs I was convinced they had nothing left to offer.

I would have to disagree with that as only mine out of three sportlines i bought for the team hasn't gone back in for repairs. JG seems to be climbing past CA in reliability, to me CA guns are polished turds. I will say that my CA AUGA2 has been great and its firing the same as it did the day i got it. Go AUG's!

You only bought 2 and mine is fine just my ###### battery. As for CA guns being polished turds, my M15A4 rifle and CA249 haven't skipped a beat. I could have sworn your AUG went in for repairs because of a jammed trigger also :P

Archived