The armed police Took my friends!

wildchild

I don't think this is an OTT response from the police at all. Would you prefer this scenario?

Caller: Hello, police? I've just seen half a dozen people in full combat gear with military weapons.

Police: Hmm, best send PC Higginbottom to check that, just as soon as he's finished his lunch.

I WANT the police to send armed men out to deal with firearms incidents.

:zorro:

+1

However PC Higgingbottom is on lates so it's PC Plum who'll be on under reaction duties this week.

The police take all calls that report incidents of firearms very seriously, and rightly so, because they don't want to be the ones who say "oh it's just BB guns again" when it's infact Osama and his chums...

But hey at least you got a reaction, I had to wait an hour once when I was off duty (but that's another story)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries, Smeg. Sorry if I seemed a little harsh, but I think we were at cross-purposes. As we agree morons with guns (replicas or not) need the swift attention of an ARU, I think we're all singing from the same hymn sheet now. :D

Btw, does it now seem this thread might have been a very big set up for the sale of a G36? ;)

:zorro:

Btw, does it now seem this thread might have been a very big set up for the sale of a G36?

Oh don't be silly, how desperate does he have to be to have to make up a story like this, just to sell a stock G36C?

Perhaps he's just sucks at making deals in the sales forum? :unsure:

Seriously though, I doubt he made this story up. It's too elaborate to be just for kicks or something like that.

Im sorry everyone if you have misunderstood me at all. All my mates are back out now, no charges just confiscated guns, so i have no one to play with anymore. i can give you all the msn addys of these four people if you dont belive me. hell you can even have my phone number so you can speak to them. As for the g36, i would rather not sell it!! It has onyl been used once and i bought it two weeks ago from dentrinity. If you check my previos posts, their is one about not recieing an order from DEN , that was for my mates gun(phil) ans he has got it burned whatever today. PLZ dont try and say i am lying, as i am not!!

BTW everyone the CID were there to "take fingerprints" and apparently the legal limit for airsoft gun is age 16, i dint no that. They were arested for "Firing a replica weapon in a public place. Maximum jail sentence 1 year maximum fine 1000 pound" all quoted from CID Apparently.

They all had to have their shoelaces removed and stuff in the cells so they couldnt top themselves over their recent airsoft tradgedy. And they werently alowwedto eat or drink. They are all ok tho some are a little shook up. Apparently the only thing to do in the cells was "play football with a bb" lol.

What Sledge said.

The uk has some pretty hard-to-get-to-grips-with laws pertaining to the firing of any form of projectile weapon.

Even when a projectile weapon, such as a stock TM aeg, is fired in a place which is cleared by the chap who owns it, there is nothinng to stop the general public calling the police and having the people responsible nicked until they are proved to be there, engaged in lawful activity, with the lawful permission of the site OWNER- the "ranger" is not like in the US, but a chap who just wanders about the place a bit like a security guard, but without the clout.

therefore, in future, it is ESSENTIAL to gain the permission of the landowner themselves, NOT the hired hands, before doing any sort of projectile weapon training.

As to this current case, the chances are, they'll get let off without charge, and, if not too unlucky, given their aegs back.

All that really needs to happen to ensure this, is for the landowner to say "yeah, no biggy, they had my permission to be on my land" and they should be ok.

Remember, in this time of over-paranoid public and police, it is ALWAYS best to err on the side of caution, especially when it involves the reputation of the hobby we all love.

Mistakes were made, and the chance are someone sold your mate out, but enough with the flaming, an enough with the non-constructive comments.

The permission of the landowner is always, ALWAYS paramount.

I'd probably not skirmish anyway unless I had that permission written down and signed, quite honestly.

Then its HIS problem, not yours :)

Thanks Dirty harry and sytema i doo feel those comments were rather more constuctive than some others, i hopefully will take it up again one day, tho on a side note , we did supposedly have permission fom the guy who clears the land around there, and the cow people. but i dont no if that will stick.

BTW everyone the CID were there to "take fingerprints" and apparently the legal limit for airsoft gun is age 16, i dint no that. They were arested for "Firing a replica weapon in a public place. Maximum jail sentence 1 year maximum fine 1000 pound" all quoted from CID Apparently.

They all had to have their shoelaces removed and stuff in the cells so they couldnt top themselves over their recent airsoft tradgedy. And they werently alowwedto eat or drink. They are all ok tho some are a little shook up. Apparently the only thing to do in the cells was "play football with a bb" lol.

Hmmmm Hampshire plod must be hard up for staff if they send their CID out, at night, to do dabs....

BTW the airgun age limit is 17...

My final message is

Don't wave fake weapons around in public, unless you're prepared to look down the barrel of a real one.

Don't wave fake weapons around in public, unless you're prepared to look down the barrel of a real one.

Very True indeed!! As my mates found out. Apparently not xRaZERx it is 14 for an air rifle and 16 for an airsoft gun now! How Strange is that?

Very True indeed!! As my mates found out. Apparently not xRaZERx it is 14 for an air rifle and 16 for an airsoft gun now! How Strange is that?

NO The age limit is SEVENTEEN as per the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003.

There is no official age limit for airsoft as they are considered toys in the UK

http://www.practicalairsoft.co.uk/anti-soc...r-bill-2003.asp

Check out section 38. Can't cut and paste :(

To my knowledge, only the media and customs (for duty rate purposes) consider airsoft weapons to be toys.

AFAIK there is no legal term/recognition for airsoft weapons specifically, however they do fall under some air weapon and imitation firearm legislation

It's a major grey area which we despirately need clarified (but not by this goverment as they're bound to make a complete balls up of it!)

The police are well known for not having a clue about the specifics of the law.

I once had three PC's discussing what the legal limit of depth of tyre tread should be on my motorbike, one even said "well I know for a moped it just has to be visible" :waggle: (my tyres were above the limit, but that didn't stop them saying I should be grateful they weren't going to charge me £40 per tyre!)

To be fair, the police aren't lawyers, so they aren't likely to know all the specifics of laws, most just use their common sense and sort out any problems/mistakes down at the station.

Well im not sure about that Razer :unsure: but all four of my mates and all of their parents were told it is 14 for airgun and 16 for airsoft as of today/4/2005 by some CID matey. Could be wrong tho, police do do some dumb things? May have changed recently, but i would have thought arnies would have sed summat?

Archived