The armed police Took my friends!

wildchild

DarkLite, woah dude growing up with police parents must be fun? :)  I used to stay with my father's friend in homantin police housing when I was small hehe.  You must be disciplined though :)

No *fruitcage* fun at all. Both are (can you believe it) Senior Detectives. *albartroth*.

I can never get away with anything...

Apparently CID may have been involved because all my mates ran, and were all caught later on. Dunno why they did that.

First lesson: NEVER (and I mean NEVER) run from the police. Once you run, the police think you hve something to hide or that you're a felon, and they can shoot you dead.

NEVER run. It only (in thier eyes) confirms your guilt.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No *fruitcage* fun at all. Both are (can you believe it) Senior Detectives. *albartroth*.

I can never get away with anything...

Tell my about it, my uncle is in the police and when I was about 4 he handcuffed me to my gran's kitchen table leg (I still get a tingly feeling when ever I see table legs ;) )

First lesson: NEVER (and I mean NEVER) run from the police. Once you run, the police think you hve something to hide or that you're a felon, and they can shoot you dead.

NEVER run. It only (in thier eyes) confirms your guilt.

I'm suprised they weren't actually shot if the ARU were there, but then I don't know much about ARU's proceedures in such a situation

Ooo hang on, can't they only shoot if they believe there is an imminent risk to someone's life? That could explain it.

Tell my about it, my uncle is in the police and when I was about 4 he handcuffed me to my gran's kitchen table leg (I still get a tingly feeling when ever I see table legs ;) )

I'm suprised they weren't actually shot if the ARU were there, but then I don't know much about ARU's proceedures in such a situation

Ooo hang on, can't they only shoot if they believe there is an imminent risk to someone's life? That could explain it.

I would assume they are goverend by the same ROE as the armed forces when on UK soil.

Therefore they would only be able to fire if someone "Was commiting, or about to commit an act likely to endanger life"

Dear Fellow Airsofters,

It doesn't really matter where that happened and under what legal system.

With some common sense everybody knows instinctly that life weapons and objects that very much look like life weapons (as our AEG's etc.) can create fear and can be regarded as a threat.

What is the Police supposed to do? Do nothing? It's their duty to intervene and I welcome every single arrest of some stupid retarded. At least they won't do any harm to our hobby anymore.

How is the situation here in HK?

That's clearly the paradise for Airsofters. You can walk in public areas in full gear.

Just don't do the following:

* Enter a bank or similar facilities

* Never brandish or produce your weapon (even when asked to do so by an officer)

Even it is very liberal here in HK I make sure that while I am in the public my toy guns are completely concealed and disactivated (no battery connected, no BBs chambered, no magazines loaded etc.). Best is to keep all magazines away from the guns in a seperate bag, rucksack or whatsoever.

I think if I am overseas like in the States I would try to look as neutral as possible.

Department of Homeland Security you know :D.

U dont live in tai koo! u live in kornhill! and they are two differnet places even if theyr connected thru the Tai koo MTR!  and you know of any other skirmishing places besides combat games in sai kung?

Im not sure if its the same place but if you go to Kwong Wa Street theres a surplus shop called Adv Army or Adv Milarmy (http://www.adv-milarmy.com/home/index.php) the owenr there runs his own Wargame site, he's called Ben, its a pretty good site with a few playing arenas and what not.

and about the general airsoft in UK and Hong Kong lets say its a lot more lenient over there than it is over in England. I was stopped by police once when I was carrying my AEG in a padlocked DPM gun case and I was still wearing civvies. In HK you get loads of airsofters just fully geared with htere guns out in hte open whether they are holding them or they have them slinged with nothing but a shirt wrapped around it though I must admit Im guilty of this.........

I ALWAYS keep my guns with no batts, no ammo, everything seperate and wrapped in towels insid a non-descript bag.

Since my parents don't know I have an AEG, I want to keep a clean record. Then, when my dad finds out I can point out that I've had one for 2 years and nothing bad has happened.

Something doesn't quite ring true about all this...wasn't there a similar panic creating thread a while back (something to do with plinking out of a window?)

Furthermore the procedures that the poster has described sound wrong, iffy at best...

I'm with XrazerX on this one, it doesn't sit right with me. IF it is true I don't want my hobby screwed up by braindead kids...

And I am a DC.

And there is no way the CID (in my experience) would know how to get an AEG chrono'd when my Dept only know what 'Softing is because of my regular Wednesday morning bruise-fest!! (Post Electrowekz)

hmmm... the sai kung place has woodland but doesnt really use much of it. Just one area where you shoot up the hill and theres a bunker on top.  Unless u have a massive party then u can combine 2 areas with woodland. Do u know how i can contact the guy without the use of chinese?

-ham-

This may be a stupid question but do you know how to speak cantonese?? If so why not go to his shop and enquire? or you could phone him on (852) 2451 4038

he does speak a bit of English too but its not the best but you should be able to communicate fine :) he's open from 14.30-21.00, you could also email him info@adv-milarmy.com.

Something doesn't quite ring true about all this...wasn't there a similar panic creating thread a while back (something to do with plinking out of a window?)

Furthermore the procedures that the poster has described sound wrong, iffy at best...

I'm with XrazerX on this one, it doesn't sit right with me. IF it is true I don't want my hobby screwed up by braindead kids...

And I am a DC.

And there is no way the CID (in my experience) would know how to get an AEG chrono'd when my Dept only know what 'Softing is because of my regular Wednesday morning bruise-fest!! (Post Electrowekz)

On a side note you aren't that DC from CX who I met on the tube are you? :lol:

The advise I would give to anyone running away from armed police is to stop, put your weapon on the ground and then lay face down with your arms out streched (no where near your gun).

On a side note you aren't that DC from CX who I met on the tube are you? :lol:

The advise I would give to anyone running away from armed police is to stop, put your weapon on the ground and then lay face down with your arms out streched (no where near your gun).

I'd have said standing perfectly still until told to do something would be a better course of action, but that's me just going on how I'd react to seeing someone with a weapon while live armed.

It really scares me that there are people out there that can be this stupid. For the love of god people, stick to recognised skirmish sites or 100% private land with no public access where you know/are the owner.

I'd have said standing perfectly still until told to do something would be a better course of action, but that's me just going on how I'd react to seeing someone with a weapon while live armed.

It really scares me that there are people out there that can be this stupid. For the love of god people, stick to recognised skirmish sites or 100% private land with no public access where you know/are the owner.

Sorry mate you're right on that one. What I meant was should you have run away from the armed plod and they're not near you then prone out and lay away from your gun.

With you 100% on that, imagine if they ran about with AEGs near an RAF base or the like.... If you were on guard duty and you saw a few people running about with AEGs what would you have done. Cos I know I'd have grabbed my MP7 and gone after them (I don't know what the RAF ROE is for people on guard anymore :lol: you may have MDGS though)

Well dont be like a bunch of japanese kids who decided to do a shoot out with their AEG's against the japanese city police..

no prizes for guessing the outcome..

[NINEDENINE]

You're a feisty little one, but you'll soon

learn some respect. I have need for you on

the master's Sail Barge. And I think you'll

fit in nicely.

[/NINEDENINE]

Sorry mate you're right on that one. What I meant was should you have run away from the armed plod and they're not near you then prone out and lay away from your gun.

With you 100% on that, imagine if they ran about with AEGs near an RAF base or the like.... If you were on guard duty and you saw a few people running about with AEGs what would you have done. Cos I know I'd have grabbed my MP7 and gone after them (I don't know what the RAF ROE is for people on guard anymore :lol: you may have MDGS though)

Well belive it or not, if they were near an base rather than on it the only thing we can do is call out the civi police and get an ARU sent as we are not allowed to be on non-MOD property while live armed. Except in "special" circumstances that is.

Although if they were on MOD property I would assume that our ROE is probably identical to that of the Civilain Armed Police as it's all taken directly from what civilian law allows in terms of minimum force etc.

However a couple of guard stints ago we did have an incedent involving some local kids (ranging from 14-18) pulling up outside the perimeter fences and firing an air weapon over the fence line. Although my shift never caught them due to the fact they were jumping into a car and driving off, the RAF Police tracked them down via the car reg no we noted down and had a word.

The scary thing was that they apparently had no idea that the guards on duty had "real guns" that were loaded with 30 bits of brass that can run a hell of a lot quicker than them, or that we can actually use the things if we decide than lethal force is warranted under the ROE.

Personally i would have thought it was common sense not to run around public land with a replica rifle! Think about it next time, this is why the sport has a stigma to it. I know it can be frustrating not being able to play wherever you want but deal with it, its just the problem with liking guns. :D

Well belive it or not, if they were near an base rather than on it the only thing we can do is call out the civi police and get an ARU sent as we are not allowed to be on non-MOD property while live armed. Except in "special" circumstances that is.

Although if they were on MOD property I would assume that our ROE is probably identical to that of the Civilain Armed Police as it's all taken directly from what civilian law allows in terms of minimum force etc.

I was actually talking to someone from RAFP the other day about what he'd do if he saw someone with a gun in certain circumstances (heading towards a school and the like) and it was only then I realised how limited his (your) ROE for things like that were....

we? edddie? wee? you part of a special force or police? :D

I'm a Supplier in the Airforce, if you'd seen me in a skirmish you'd know i certainly wasn't S.F.

xRAZERx

IMO although I can understand our ROE to a degree, after all, were not the police and don't have the training to deal with situations like that. I still think that the ROE as it is is far to vaugue and a bit over restrictive. It gives most people the impression that if you use your rifle in any situation your pretty much certain to end up in jail, or at least being sued by the family of the person you shot.

Im suprised how leniant the law is though. A few years back a guy in my regiment in the acf did a runner with a rifle and a 1000 of blank ammo. He was on a training area so neither the police ARU or the army did anything.

What happend was the cadets were pulled off the exercise and the adults were sent out to find him. He gave himself up when he reached the perimeter fence and was too stupid to climb over it or cut his way through it.

That was a real steel though. And nothing more was said.

And I am a DC.

Thats a very good point.

Didn't someone post that they were shooting near shops in the states, gone home early and found out later one of their group had approached a cop while weilding his armalite?

The poster was asking if the prat should be banned etc

Archived