Yay! The Tibetans are revolting!

mcnuggets

Exactly.

Good and evil are just words made up so tribal cheifs, religious leaders, kings, tyrants and finally democratic governments can sell their actions to their people.

For the Greater Good the Greeks said... and the Romans said, and the Crusaders said, and the Colonial West said, and the Nazis said, and Hillary Clinton says, and so on and so forth until the end of time.

What you chose to view as evil is entirely relevent to you, not to Humanity as a whole. I view the death penalty as perfectly fine, others view it as evil. Some people see it as perectly ok to stone adulterers to death others see it as evil. Some cults in India viewed it as fine to kill baby girls, the Colonialists didn't see things the same way and saw it as pefectly acceptable to shoot all the cultists.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let's all go out rape women and steal sh*t when we can. As long as we can get away with it who cares. As long as we're personally fine with it all. It's all relative anyway, right?

:rolleyes:

When it comes to this issue I think it's hard to argue, "Well the Chinese don't view it as immoral to occupy a foreign land whose people do not want to be occupied. Therefore it's alright. I mean it's all relative."

There are certain things that are just indisputably evil.

When it comes to this issue I think it's hard to argue, "Well the Chinese don't view it as immoral to occupy a foreign land whose people do not want to be occupied. Therefore it's alright. I mean it's all relative."

Because America has never done that have they....

:bye2::locked::flamethrower: (this thread)

As with all politics threads in a few mins

There are certain things that are just indisputably evil.

No it's not, I just did and no there aren't.

Because America has never done that have they....

:bye2::locked::flamethrower: (this thread)

As with all politics threads in a few mins

Because in the last major wars we've been in we've taken how much land?

Only enough to bury the dead.

My own experience of the chinese is that they simply won't understand that people will object to what happens in Tibet.

A few of the more junior politicians who are either more savvy (or are genuinely sympathetic to the idea of democracy) will urge restraint but I can guarantee that there's no way all the older officials involved are going to put up with what they see as being humiliated and belittled by their inaction.

I can see this all kicking off with something as simple as rioters over-running a military position.

Their commander simply won't be able to stomach the idea of being undermined by a rabble and the resulting offensive will be huge.

You're absolutely right. They simply won't understand. However, that does not make it right.

That is against the laws of this society. What the Chinese are doing is not illegal.

Jagdraben, that was implied.

Let's say tomorrow Britain changes its laws so that murder is legal. Someone goes out and decides to "test it out" and murders someone in cold blood. Did he do something immoral? Or was it fine because the law has deemed it as okay?

He did do something immoral by my standards. However, if the law deemed it OK, it would be fine for me to murder him in response.

What I am trying to say is there are no universal morals. The Chinese view what they are doing as fine, and it is their society so they can do whatever the *fruitcage* they want. And unless you want to sanction an invasion against their 3 million man army, and as such gain control of their society, they will be free to do whatever they want for a long time.

The above post is faulty for believing that they're are no universal morals.

There are universal morals, but if you're not finding them, you're being too specific.

For instance: In all cultures, murder is wrong. However, the circumstances of the murder may change how morally wrong it is in that culture. Or, put another way, the definition of murder varies from one culture to another, but only in the details.

Thuggie Societies in India believed murder was perfectly acceptable in all forms I can think of.

Or Barbarians or cavemen. The diference being barbarians/cavemen probably realised that it was of detrement to the tribe to kill their own people, and of benefit to have that person around to kill people from other tribes instead. Which is probably why the concept became immoral in most scoieties.

I still see no difference from China being in Tibet and America being in Iraq

The PRC have less excuses, try little to appear congenial and guilt free.

Moral views on "good and bad" are gained at childhood from parental and social influences so yes it is subjective.

I've never really thought before, the governments/those in power do make America and China look like opposite sides of the same coin.

Please tell me this isn't today's British intelligence.

1. Iraqi's are not being forced to believe they are Americans and have always been Americans and have never had any unique independent history of any sort. Unlike China.

Proof:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23632331#23634993

2. America does not promote the beatings, kidnappings, and killings of Iraqi people despite its presence. Unlike China.

Proof:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23655386/

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/crackdown...5472170804.html

3. America have not taken Iraq and made it the 51st state.

Map of Tibet before 1959:

sigh1.jpg

Map of China today:

sigh2.jpg

4. America have not initiated any offensive campaign in mass silencing religious figures in Iraq. Unlike China.

Proof:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/19...s-in-gansu.html

5. America still calls Iraq 'Iraq' while China recognizes Tibet as TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region) which is half of ancient Tibet and simply just another way to say 'South-Western China'.

Source:

http://www.tibet.com/glance.html

-------------

I suggest you uneducated 12- year old morons go read a book before failing at trying to say something "difference for once" just to appear more 'intellectual'. Also learn to use pathos in your arguments, that's the problem with your logic, it lacks any pathetic appeal which is one of three one must use to form a rigid argument.

And to those of you who argue China has the right to kill, beat, and take over Tibet just because its in their law should read up something called Universal Human Rights.

http://www.hrw.org/doc/?t=esc

http://www.universalhumanrightsindex.org/

--------------

80 People have just been killed

And before some of you nonthinker/loudmouthers begin saying:

dumbasses.jpg

I know this may be hard for you hardboiled *albatross**oles to understand, but...

I.R.A.Q. I.S. A.T. W.A.R. , T.I.B.E.T. I.S. N.O.T.

---------------------

I am speaking up for the Tibetans who cannot because they're too busy actually doing sh*t rather than argue over the internet like we are:

20080315092716ENLUS0128590112055732.jpg

20080315092718ENLUS0128590312055732.jpg

9352377ea6ff92d3e50de04f243f0a60.jpg

d1872ba7044878d10ace0df5538ded2d.jpg

20080315144511ENLUS0128628712055923.jpg

46c6fcb80ca07f3b5234c2eb88a80981.jpg

12518a2866bf9ce269cdebe0f92db50b.jpg

Sympathy, sorrow, compassion, understanding... are those lost in today's language?

Of course, having said this, there will be a *fruitcage* heapload of heated response because, hey, let's pick on the American since his country is so big and strong.

;)

Please tell me this isn't today's British intelligence.

You've just sabotaged your own argument. You've made yourself look as thick as the many other people in the world who have met stupid people from a certain country and claimed that the whole country is thick as a result.

For example, if I was as thick as you've just made yourself look, I could now claim that America is full of morons because of you.

//Edit: Oh, and

I.R.A.Q. I.S. A.T. W.A.R. , T.I.B.E.T. I.S. N.O.T.

Bush disagrees.

Fair enough, your a strong disbeliever of china's occupation of tibet and im not keen of the invasion of iraq. Im not going to run around the Internet gathering sources for my opinion though, i've got better things to do today im afraid ;)

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet.

There's plenty of examples of successful revolts all throughout history. I mean take at the states ;) .

i wouldnt really use the USA as an example of a successful revolt, It could be said that the main reason for the British withdrawal from the 1st American war was because of more important issues, like Defeating the french, and again in the 2nd war of 1812, it was easier to give indipendance to the colonials than to try and fight two wars on two continents.

with China and Tibet, the Chinese have always had a different attitude than westerners to most things, especially human rights. However it is probably best for the moment for tibet to remain part of china, as their economy isnt that great whereas China is on the way to becoming the World Superpower.

But its really simple, if you in the west, want china to take notice of your grievances about their human rights abuses etc, then do what many people did with South Afrika when they had apartied, just boycott chinese/taiwannese made goods, if enough people did it, then it would damage their economy enough for them to take notice, but i doubt people would do that because they dont want to pay higher prices. But if you do buy goods made in China, then you do support their labor policies, and you are supporting their economy, so think before you say *fruitcage* China!

personally, im opposed to chinas attitude human rights, as i think its unnecissarily cruel, however i recognise, that china has a different culture, and different attitude to here in the UK, and also as with many people, i recognise that china is producing many goods for a fraction of the price that they could be made here in the UK, in Europe or in the USA.

You've just sabotaged your own argument. You've made yourself look as thick as the many other people in the world who have met stupid people from a certain country and claimed that the whole country is thick as a result.

For example, if I was as thick as you've just made yourself look, I could now claim that America is full of morons because of you.

//Edit: Oh, and

Bush disagrees.

Just noticed the "Bush disagrees" URL is wrong. The correct link is: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2003/s834110.htm

Wow.

Talk about a skewed view of the world. I honestly don't know how you can make a comparison like that without being either sarcastic or just uninformed.

Archived