• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Black and OD aswell, nice :)

Got a link?

Yeah, evike has 'em in OD and black

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=32028

Airsoftgi has tan, but I'm not sure if they ship outside the us.

You mentioned something about the dustcover on my KJW Xccelerator, is that the part of the frame that extends under the front of the slide? I'm a little bit weary of the stock zinc/magnesium pot metal this thing is allegedly made of, so I'm actually planning on replacing the slide with a SD 6" infinity slide, and I can only find 5" Xccelerator frames but I was thinking it might look neat if I trim the tip at an angle that matches the serrations on the frame - probably using a black slide and silver frame. It looks cool in my head, just trying to decide if it would actually look cool once completed. (sketch below)

th_IMG_3069.jpg

You mentioned something about the dustcover on my KJW Xccelerator, is that the part of the frame that extends under the front of the slide?

I was thinking it might look neat if I trim the tip at an angle that matches the serrations on the frame - probably using a black slide and silver frame. It looks cool in my head, just trying to decide if it would actually look cool once completed.

Yep its the front part of the frame directly under the slide. I think the flush sided look is best for this 6" type.

That said however I like the design you have in mind for the new dust cover, interesting and very fesable I would think.

A hacksaw and needle files job me thinks ;)

Wow! Limcat RazorCat? ProG4 custom? Looks great so far, please post pics of the finished build.

After much deliberation with the4thpow3r, YES! RazorCat! :D. Thanks, will do.

Now that is going to be some classy hardware B)

Pics when finished my good man ;)

Thank you!

And it is my pleasure, trust me. I can't wait... I've been waiting since March 11th!

Edited by The Vainguard
  • 2 weeks later...

ProG4/Airsoft Surgeon frames are nice. They are lighter than TMs(aluminum vs TM's pot metal) but they are well toleranced and well made. Not sure if they will fit as well on the 5KU slide though. They are about perfect for ProG4/Airsoft Surgeon slide, which 5KUs are either the clone or the rejects of....

My current project:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1, 5KU Limcat Slide, Replica C-more

I am not satisfied with the TM's frame quality so please give me your suggestions for a nice frame and grip.

I was trying to save $$ - maybe I should have started with a Western Arms base.

Nice. Now needs a short stroke.

Hows the 5KU Quality? Have any airsoft surgeon or ProG4 to compare to?

Western arms base is usually more expensive.

/snip

You use a wire dremel to do that?

Nice. Now needs a short stroke.

Hows the 5KU Quality? Have any airsoft surgeon or ProG4 to compare to?

Western arms base is usually more expensive.

Sorry Vain, I wouldn't really know. This is my first project involving a 2011.

Due to my disappointment with the TM frame, I have since polished it. I also hate the TM stamp on the frame. I wonder if I can fill that with something just to get me over it for the time being or dremel the hell out of it.

I also just ordered a 6" Western Arms SV Infinity as a second project (more like an impulse buy - I need to freakin control myself). Now on to the task of finding a slide for the 6-incher.

Sorry Vain, I wouldn't really know. This is my first project involving a 2011.

Due to my disappointment with the TM frame, I have since polished it. I also hate the TM stamp on the frame. I wonder if I can fill that with something just to get me over it for the time being or dremel the hell out of it.

I also just ordered a 6" Western Arms SV Infinity as a second project (more like an impulse buy - I need to freakin control myself). Now on to the task of finding a slide for the 6-incher.

TM Frames:

http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1377

http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1376

There are other ones too...

6" WA Slide:

http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1644

Thanks for that Racing.

The only thing holding me from buying a frame at this point is the fear that I may not be able to put it back together afterwards. How difficult is it to reassemble them?

Thanks!

I think this is the matching frame for that slide set you have.

That's one of the frames I considered.

I am waiting to hear from Prog4 for a custom slide and frame. Stay tuned.

To US based enthusiasts who have ordered slides, barrels and frames from Prog4, were you concerned about customs seizure? I'd hate to be spending $500-600 on something that will end up being seized by customs.