Sniper Rifles

Phoenix

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow that's a shotgun? hmmm

still im digging that stock tho! wished they came up with something like that for the M14.

Nope it is still a Sniper Rifle, it just pumps like a shotgun. From what i have heard though it is not recomended to upgrade the spring after you do that conversion because of the cocking bars are not able to handle it.

it would be incredible if you still have the standard cocking bolt. i have always liked the look at that stock.

That's right ferretkiller. Apparently you shouldn't upgrade the spring past an SP130. The two metal rods that go into my cocking handle have actually come apart. Thus, if i cock the bolt back I cannot pull it forward again as the charging handle just comes away from the metal wires (hard to explain). I then have to push the back of the bolt forward with my thumb in order to chamber a round. When I find the right glue that sticks metal to plastic i'll fix it. In the meantime it's not a problem for me.

Also, yes you can still have a standard cocking bolt on this stock. You just simply remove the charging handle. On the stock's box it has a picture of the stock with the standard cocking bolt.

FYI luv2shoot, I built this rifle myself. It was a project I undertook to see if I could build an APS2 from scratch using aftermarket parts without having to buy the original rifle. I was told numerous times you couldn't (even from a retailer here in the UK) but in fact you can.

The only reason I ended up buying an original APS2 SV was to get the outer barrel. I didn't like the length of the Laylax outer barrels. The outer barrel was the only part of the SV I used (bit of a waste of money to buy a gun just for the outer barrel but it was worth it!).

Parts used to make this rifle are as follows:

First Factory PSS2 Shotgun Stock

APS2 SV Outer barrel

First Factory Rail Sleeve

Laylax Mode 2 Silencer

Guarder Scope Mounts

Moji Spider 3x9x40 Scope

Laylax Teflon Receiver

Laylax Teflon Cylinder

Laylax Spring Guide (9mm)

First Factory SP150 Spring

Classic Army Vacuum Piston

Laylax PSS2 Cylinder Head Pro (using the longest attachment)

PDI Hop Up Chamber

First Factory Hopbucking (Hard)

Prometheus 6.03 Inner Barrel (509mm)

Laylax PSS2 Barrel Spacers (x8)

Laylax PSS2 Zero Trigger

Shoots between 515-525 FPS on .2's. Still experimenting with different weight bb's as I've only recently finished building this. Very proud of it. It's very solid and very accurate even with .2's.

The AW338 is a heavy monster in comparison. Very well built and worth the money. Got mine from unco. for $623.00. Also still experimenting with bb weights. Getting between 522-543 FPS on Abbey ultra gas. Not as accurate as my SV though. So far i'm very impressed with it.

B...

Just got this in the mail the other day -- finally got around to setting it up and painting it today. I'll probably have another go at the paint in a little while... not too satisfied with it at the moment. It will likely end up turning into a project gun. I've been wanting to build a DSR-1 for a LONG time now, so I'll probably end up following in Candyman's footsteps and build one of my own. As it stands, it's a stock KJW M700 with a homemade suppressor that works wonders. Anyways, here she is. Cheers.

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

It's the forward assist. :)

This is a TM PSG-1 in case some of you didn't recognize it. :P

so it's only Semi with blowback action. makes it the only electric sniper rifle.

(you can't fire fast with it, it will just jam if you do.)

Archived