TSI Armories™ Galil Series Review

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sure its real steel?

i thought thats not ok for you UK guys...

Officially... it's manufactured steel by TSI. Unofficially, my Ranger buddy, and his sister who's husband is EX-IDF, were both convinced that the gas block and top receiver cover are real steel. They came to that conclusion based on the carbon scoring inside the gas block and it's exact likeness to his real steel parts. It's possible that TSI have been telling me that the parts are theirs because of UK laws. It's possible that those parts are indeed their own manufactured products. All I know is, that in TSI's conversations with me, the details of the origins of the parts were always what I detailed in my initial review.

My Ranger buddy also mentioned that after he received his SAR, he scrapped off the green glow in the dark paint TSI used on their sights, and apparently there's Tritium in there as it lit up like Christmas. So it's possible the sight on the SAR and ARM are real too.

I'll double check the lower receiver - but it does seem like some kind of "plastic". I put that in quotes becuase if it is, its not any kind of usual plastic, and it does seem to have been machined, as the details and edges are very sharp, even and precise. I don't know, maybe its the coating on it which makes it seem like plastic.

As to the other (steel) parts: as far as I know, there wouldn't be any problems if they were real-steel parts becuase neither of those components is a critical part for a functioning firearm. I'll do a closer inspection of mine...

By the way, I suspect that the flash-hider is a real-steel part too.

P.S. According to their website, the lower receiver is "CNC 6160 machined aluminum". It must just be the very thorough coating of whatever kind of paint or bluing that they've used on it which makes it feel "plasticy" to the touch.... I've asked Guy to clarify what the coating is. :)

Edited by Maple-Leaf
'Tis ok, we all make mistakes.

uscmCorps, how far did your Ranger buddy have to scrape in to reach the glowy, possibly radioactive stuff?

Apparently not that far. I've yet to try it on my own. I rarely have spare time with my work load. :(

otherwise can u please comment on the accuracy of the rifle? at perhaps 30-40 or even 50meters?

Internally... It's basically a high end AK AEG. You get the same range and accuracy as that of a good AK. Translation: Good range, and accuracy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TSI ARM

IMI Galil Scope Mount

Aimpoint

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038-1.jpg

The externals are beautiful, and the build quality is 2nd to none. Period. The AEG is ROCK SOLID! Without a mag installed you can shake the s**t of of it and it WILL NOT make a sound or wobble. The receiver is CNC'd and the portion of the front set that attaches to the receiver is a solid piece of aluminum. The internals are ok, not sure what maker but it is a clone gearbox. The stock gearbox is pretty solid and comes with steel gears, poly piston, aluminum piston head, metal bushings. Being a "airsmith" I had a complete v3 gearbox built and ready to go prior to even receiving the AEG. Now the thing is a Looker and a Performer. It is a quality piece.