• ICS
    • G&P
    • Real Sword
    • KSC
    • Other

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For AEGs it has to be Classic Army all the way...especially the M15 series. The build quality, and reliability of these weapons always seems to be top notch, +1 to them any day!

I've chosen many a CA AEG over others such as ICS...

TM...as nice as they are, for AEGs I just can't be dealing with the plastic any more. Clearly there are metal upgrades available from other manufacturers, but that just adds to the cost. TM is a nice starting point for AEGs.

However, for pistols, my view is different; I love TM. The P226, Hicapa etc. are great little guns; can also vouch for all my KWA and KSC Glocks.

It's all down to personal preference at the end of the day really!

VFC! I've never felt something so solid in airsoft ever before, i can drop, drown, knock down trees and use my AK as a shovel without fear of it breaking :)

Performance wise i've used my AK every game for nearly a year and i've not had a single problem :)

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see...

I've had 8 Maruis, a CA, and an ICS.

The toughest AEG of the pack has so far been my Marui P90, though I had a Marui AK for four years or so and it never gave me any trouble... the P90 just turned two and has not been used as much as the AK. My AUG was bulletproof, so was my M1A1... and my FAMAS... and my G3 (the most frgile of the lot, perhaps). My ICS never worked right and my CA, though pretty, stopped working after three months of reasonably good service. I've only had one Marui fail me, and it was a first generation M4 that I got fourth hand... and I used it like it was a SAW... and I fell on it a few times... and I immersed it in mud once... I let it go when the receiver broke... after owning it for five years. It didn't owe me a thing.

I have worked on guns from Marui, CA, G&G, G&P, ICS, JG, and some Chinese company that won't put their name on their parts. The best materials were probably the G&P, but Marui has them beat six ways to Sunday when it comes to tolerances. Nobody I've seen does better than Marui in this department. CAs seem to be pretty, but not really all that well made inside. G&G seems to have a lot of great ideas and not much QC. ICS... I still don't trust them: I've spent 90% of my airsoft work time trying to make the 10% of my clients' guns work, and those 10%, with a few exceptions (all CA), were ICS MP5s. Yuck. JG impressed the hell out me. They are eerily close to Marui. I won't talk about the Chinese gun of no aparent make.

Overall, I like Marui for their tolerances, especially in their hop ups. Tolerances mean precision and precision helps me shoot better. The plastic bodies are often very "meh", but MBKs exist and, in general, Japanese plastic is still better than Chicom metal, IMO (I've not seen a Real Sword, but I am sure that they are an exceptional manufacturer).

TM, wether your a n00b or a hardened Airsoft veteran, you can count on a TM to work everytime.

Had a P90 for about a year, which had one owner before me who used it everytime, for about 3 years.

And after 4 years of use it has had one problem, a bit of dirt on the trigger contacts which halted firing, one clean later and it still puts BB's on the target everytime.

'FireKnife'

Which AEG company do you prefer and what do you think makes them a good company?

Tokyo Marui :wub:

And classic army. And I accidentally voted KSC, because I love their GBBs, then quickly realized that GBBs are not AEGs.

I love Marui. they're the stock honda civics of airsoft, but regardless of how "stock" they are, they have incredible quality control, and they have faithfully served the airsoft community for a very long time. I bought a TM M4A1 when it first came out, and I loved it so much. I only sold it to pay rent, and I could have cried. Now that I'm older and more financially stable, I have a CA M15a4 RIS. I love it, but the TM M4A1 will always have a place in my heart.

Dboys is probably my least favorite brand of gun I've owned (I'm just bias, don't worry), and ICS sucked back in the day when I bought their MP5 v1, but they're much better.

I liked my TM P90 and my TM MP5SD, too.

Then you treat them wrong. Judging from your profile a 500fps TM isn't a stock TM anymore, so no wonder it has failed.

My TM Sig 550 used to have such *suitcasey* accuracy even with its stock 534mm barrel and it would have inconsistent FPS. The stock eg700 motor also brunt out. Ever since I upgraded it last year with systema gears, motors, bushings, cylinder, etc and a mosfet, it never failed on me. As a stock gun, my Sig 550 was *suitcasey*. My stock VFC AKS-74u, with its much shorter 247mm barrel and equivalent FPS to the Sig, was far more accurate and had longer range. However, after I poured hundreds of dollars into it upgrading my Sig 550's internals, it's a lot better. Surprisingly, the only thing inside my Sig550 that still works is the notoriously vulnerable burst chip, but I don't use that either because I trust my mosfet more. But okay, to be fair, the TM Sig 550 is an old design, compared to the other aeg's I've come across. Let's move on.

It's my STOCK TM P90 that has more piston lock ups than any other gun I've come across. The trigger also broke off on my TM SPAS-12 (also stock). The sector gear stripped on my TM Uzi (also stock). My stock marui M9 has a stuck slide. On the other hand, in the past four years, I've owned 4 KSC's, 2 HFC's, 5 ICS's, a JG (marui clone), a KJW, a VFC, a Real Sword, a tanaka, and a maruzen+shin, and those have less frequent failure rates than my marui guns. I vowed to stop buying TM guns. Even my LPEG doucle eagle G36c I've had for four years was more reliable than my TM guns. If you don't believe I've owned all these guns, I have a picture off all of them together in my closet with me in a terrorist outfit.

TM for sure, if i want an AEG that'll give me decent range and last for years and years without having to touch anything on it i'll buy a TM (almost) every time.

Also a big fan of ICS though, i love their MP5s, they're just so damm easy to work on its silly...although none of mine have ever had a gearbox problem....

Ive had good experiences with TM and G&P so far. G&P the sheer quality of the internals was amazing, but had i not reshimmed and taken out their *suitcasey* grease i could see the fail train coming down the track.

Archived