Your custom gun

I like the look and idea of converting the ICS M4 into that Barrett M468-LE, you will have to post some photos when your done !

Will do, I'm not far off finishing it so they should be up soon enough. I may be able to post some work in progress pics a little later on, just the gun looks a little weird ATM as it has no iron sights (Had to remove the front sights to get the S.I.R on and I'm having a little difficulty putting them back on)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Thats an SR15 as it still has the 5.56 reciver mate.

Indeed so, I put 'Prelim' because it's not finished yet. I've only got the RAS atm and am saving up for the reciever... I'm not that stupid :):D

You got any recommendations for a good one?

---------------------------

The it was Catchy22 who said it was an interesting choice of sights - I have to agree again :) It's just a temporary thing which I put on because i have it. I'm trading my 3-9x50 for an ACOG and will take some more pictures when that's done.

---------------------------

Antagon has a fair point, but I've changed the whole front of mine and have done minimal internal upgrades. If you take a look at the 'custom' guns that AD or RedWolf stock, they're much like that.

I have to also agree that "overly tricked out armalites" can look a little funny. That's why I'm just going to get that longer outer barrel and metal parts, the ACOG and then a torch only if there is a night game. I'm no fan of vertical foregrips, mini-launchers, lasers, etc... but you can't really say that Armalites aren't good guns.

-sp*

Here's the one I'm working at at the moment (this is an old WIP):

wip08-05-20.jpg

I FINALLY got it working with the P90 trigger instead of the FAMAS one. That was some really really annoying work. Still working on smoothing a LOT of edges.. sigh..

Amen to that :) I'd say that when my ICS M4 is turned into a Barrett M468-LE it'll be a custom gun. Sure, its not all that difficult to install the parts to get it looking like one but it sure ain't cheap and it still looks pretty unique I think. So far I've installed an ICS S.I.R, Guarder Aimpoint Replica, ICS Stand Alone Flip-up Sight an TM Vertical Grip. Now I just need a flip-up front sight and a new flash hider :D

actually if you look at the barret "slap on" upper recevier kit for turning a m16/4 to a m468 in detail...you will see tht it comes with a mid-length sir (10 holes) instead of the short one like the ics....so by using ur ics short length sir it makes it more unique...

Damn, mine isn't as cool as the other guns posted, but it's my lame attempt of a bolt on bonanza. It has a partially finished lame attempt at Swedish M90

p90side.jpg

Internals:

Prometheus High SPeed Gears

Prometheus Hard Piston

Prometheus Cylinder Head

Guarder Bushings

Guarder Tappet Plate

Guarder Air Seal Nozzle

PDI 120%

GUarder Bearing Spring Guide

System A Antireversal

System A M4 Teflon Cylinder