AK & Variants Picture Thread

Simply stunning. It looks goo and I can't imagine how insanely practical it will be.

I sure hope it will be :) The "real steel" original normally comes with an Eotech sight when deployed in combat zones so far (as seen here on exercise: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...fle_EOTech.JPEG ) , mine will be more of a DMR (the long barrel of the wz96 is just begging for it), but I'm a bit worried how it will feel with that folding stock. Although those rifles have normal rear trunnions with solid stock tangs, the factory only supplies them with sidefolders. The only solid stock I've seen on these was on a civilian market model 9and it was a custom job). Heck, that stock is one of the defining visual traits of this gun, so I guess I have no choice :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LCT conversion kits on WGC, they will fit a TM AK right?.

Aslong as its a full LCT kit, then yes, you just need the gearbox, inner barrel and hopunit from the TM, the LCT has everything else.

But parts wont just mix and match beyond that, you can't install a TM front on an LCT reciver for instance, they are assembled in compleately different ways.

Though they do make a few parts for a TM, look for "For TM AK" or similar in the product name if thats what you need.

I'm sure the folding stock will work just fine and look even better!

By the way, if anyone could point me in the right direction as of where to pic up a handguard like this I would be much obliged. Thanks!

Good old AIMS grips; get them here:

http://www.wgcshop.com/ (search AIMS)

And I think a number of chinese manufacturers make them too.

-Matt

I was thinking of the version that sweeps back so the stock can fold over it. I'm not sure thats still an aims though.

It's a little confusing, because they where both called an "AIMS" i belive, the old model had the underfolder and back leaning grip, the newer models the coathanger and the forward leaning grip.

If there is any official designation that sepperates the two models, then i don't know it, i have allways seen both models called "AIMS".

sorry didnt realise they had the CAW one. although it is discontinued like beta said.

they come back into stock now and again as I just got one last month. You have to Mod it to fit right but it's pretty easy.

The other thing about AK's is that it's only us westerners that like to stick names on them. The Romanians i worked with called the AKS74 (their version) the AK86 because thats when they got issued it. Thas was a Lt Col and a Major in the Romanian Army calling it that so I can't see how they are wrong.

they come back into stock now and again as I just got one last month. You have to Mod it to fit right but it's pretty easy.

The other thing about AK's is that it's only us westerners that like to stick names on them. The Romanians i worked with called the AKS74 (their version) the AK86 because thats when they got issued it. Thas was a Lt Col and a Major in the Romanian Army calling it that so I can't see how they are wrong.

Thanks for the info; I guess I will check WGC's site every day until they get more. Seeing as how you have one, how is the quality?

Jeebus, ive never seen a foregrip like that for a real steel gun. The grip seems too swept back.

You mentioned that it was designed for a marui? What brand is it? I heard some earlier mention of CAW but im not sure if that person was talking about your particular grip.

Maaaaaaaaaaan thats nice, in an extimate how much did that cost? if you don't mind me asking

A LCT kit will set you back $400 plus the CAW grip which was $54 then add a gearbox, hop and inner barrel and your done!

Magsz it's made by CAW and can be bought from WGCSHOP when they come into stock. The grip is actually meant to make the AK appear as a MD-63 which is a Romanian early paratrooper AK. Here's a picture

yeah, but squaddies over here call the L85A2 an SA80. which as i frequently point out is the name of an entire bloody weapons program.

they call the L7A2 the GPMG which is a term which refers to any similar MG (PKM, M60 etc).

not all soliders will be gun nuts, they get issued a gun, they use it. they dont necessarily learn the correct designation for it.

Jeebus, ive never seen a foregrip like that for a real steel gun. The grip seems too swept back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Romanian_AKM_Soldier.JPEG

posted earlier in the thread ;)