AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ mightyjebus: Very nice romy RPKS, how is she working out for you? i've been thinking about making one aswell, but it's not a cheap build, so i'd be interested in anything you can tell me about yours ;)

here.

The RPSK is all cheapsoft bits and the only issue at the moment is where to stick the battery. I have it wired for a battery sling at the moment but I want to squeeze a LIPO into the top cover for a very high rate of fire. If you make one from LCT parts your still going to have the battery problem. one option is to hollow out the front lower grip and fit a LIPO in there

Edited by mightyjebus
here.

The RPSK is all cheapsoft bits and the only issue at the moment is where to stick the battery. I have it wired for a battery sling at the moment but I want to squeeze a LIPO into the top cover for a very high rate of fire. If you make one from LCT parts your still going to have the battery problem. one option is to hollow out the front lower grip and fit a LIPO in there

another option would be to buy a Dboys AIMS (when it finally comes out), add the reciever reinforcements, some RS RPK handguards and a retainer for them, then make a custom barrel extension like barnezilla. that way you'd have all the fancy takedown gubbins, be able to fit a 12V stick battery and keep the cost low compared to mixing and matching LTC parts (which would probably be easier, but pricier and less practical)

here.

Yeah, the battery is allways the big problem with an RPK.. Danish power levels beeing what they are, i'm not keen on using normal Airsoft wood grips and stocks, the wood is too soft and they get damaged much too easy by M120 powered guns, hence i use RealSteel which are made of a much harder wood sort.

But fitting and hollowing out a real RPK stock sounds like a right nightmare, so that leaves me with the stick type batts regardless (and then why not get a folding stock?), or some external solution (which is ugly), and i would need a gun like this to run an M130 or M140 spring for it to be usefull (requires lots of power).

Well yeah.. this is why my collection does not include an RPK as of yet ;)

Hey,

Was in the process of picking up a knock-off Noveske Sound Hog ( http://ebairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPat...b2608be0f4749cf = whatcha reckon?) for my AK from eBayBanned.com, when I spotted this;

http://ebairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPat...b2608be0f4749cf

At the moment, I have an EoTech on a CYMA side mount. It's a good system, but it's a bit bulky, and doesn't allow me to fold the stock when not in use - thus I keep having to remove the mount, and it's causing wear to the bracket.

Would the linked sight allow me to fold my stock with it attached? I assume it's for an AK?

Cheers.

Ben.

Edited by L4byr1nth
Picture request, a AK74U with a 7.62 mag and a PBS-1.

This should give you some idea:

AKSUsup.gif

when I spotted this;

http://ebairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPat...b2608be0f4749cf

At the moment, I have an EoTech on a CYMA side mount. It's a good system, but it's a bit bulky, and doesn't allow me to fold the stock when not in use - thus I keep having to remove the mount, and it's causing wear to the bracket.

Would the linked sight allow me to fold my stock with it attached? I assume it's for an AK?

Is that a replica Kobra!? if so, its about time! maybe then we'll see more Russian optics on AK's an less Hamburger ones.

Anyway, no, you cannot fold the triangle stock with any optics mounted on the side rail, this has allways been a problem with the Russian folders (both the downfolders and the left-folders).

The best folding stock for optics is the Coathanger stock, as it folds to the right, but it cannot be mounted on the AKS-74U.