AK & Variants Picture Thread

I personally think its ugly. But hey, I'm an AK purist, and each to his own. I'm sure its functional.

That paintjob would be nice.... if it wasn't on an AK :P

I'd agree if it was a classic model with wooden furniture, but It's a modern AK with synthetic stock and handguards, a camo paintjob is very proper here. It seems to be an ICS, so in this case camo is a good way to conceal its inaccuracies.

Seriously, why are you so against painted AKs? Whatever goes IRL, also goes in airsoft :) if a real SF operator would paint his gun that way, an airsofter aiming for that look should do so, too.

Some IRL examples:

czad53vm8.jpg

czad77ll5.jpg

1053pe8.jpg

beryl038herx6ov6.jpg

i'm sorry for posting pictures of live firearms, but I needed them to make a point - for reference/educational purposes :)

Edited by jonboy2312
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really only get angry when people SOPMOD them with RIS, drum mags, stocks, and basically make them a m4 with a AK receiver. :angry:

I feel the same way. Rails only work on Beryl and other modern AK derivatives that actually do come with rails as issued to the troops. But a classic fifties AK-47? That's just wrong and doesn't make any sense. Why would a soldier/PMC/whoever pump so much money into accessories on a 50 year old gun with so much wear in the barrel, instead of starting off with something newer? And that's completely beside the aesthetic reasons, too...

I agree, rails look fine on modern AK variants that often come with rails in real life, you rarely see these guns overdone with multiple flashlights and every possible accessory anyway. however when I see one of those JGs that is a copy of the Marui replica of the 50's AK, that has od or tan furniture with ris foregrips, I tend to look away. It's not something I find aesthetically pleasing, but if it works for the owner and makes them happy, then who am I to complain, I don't have to use it. I also think camo paint jobs on modern AKs look cool, but again I prefer older AKs looking, well, older, with no paintjobs. The only complaint I'd have about the above posted camo painted AK, is to toss the Knights style suppressor, it looks really out of place on an AK.

Also I like that SLR 106 UR from Kalash, I plan to buy one soon. The only thing I'd change is to swap the flash hider for a proper AKSU booster, it looks weird and out of place. The ribbed foregrips and solid folding stock look good together, I don't seem to like them on their own in any other arrangement.

Edited by DanHS
I'd agree if it was a classic model with wooden furniture, but It's a modern AK with synthetic stock and handguards, a camo paintjob is very proper here. It seems to be an ICS, so in this case camo is a good way to conceal its inaccuracies.

Seriously, why are you so against painted AKs? Whatever goes IRL, also goes in airsoft :) if a real SF operator would paint his gun that way, an airsofter aiming for that look should do so, too.

Some IRL examples:

<snip>

i'm sorry for posting pictures of live firearms, but I needed them to make a point - for reference/educational purposes :)

As I said, each to his own. I don't have anything against painted AKs, I just personally like the look of classic AKs.

Just wait for the Beta Spetz from G&G. It has that same high speed grip, and its a krink like those pictured then once you get that just purchase an M4 buffer tube AK attatchment or get that wire folding stock. Its a simple swap of recievers (if you want those stocks.) Then get VFC or Inokatsu's forearm RIS mount for the EoTech. Vwalla!

Could someone give me the rundown on how to build an AK like this. i figured an Echo1 AK sidefolder, AK74u front assemble and some type of rail on top?

I suggest starting off with a fixed stock model, not a sidefolder. You'll also need a "real steel" stock, which you can sometimes find on allegro.com (just look for "beryl")

The Polish rifles and carbines have the fixed-stock type receiver, with normal AKM/AK-74 type stock tangs. The stock mounts just like a fixed wooden or polymer stock. And it folds to the other side than the Russian sidefolders.

Now, AKS-74U front end, genuine RS handguards, and a different flash hider - that's what you'll need.

Just google a lot for "mini beryl", you'll find tons, TONS of reference which should give you good enough ideas on how to make one yourself :)

thanks for the help. Id +1 you if Arnies still had it.

No prob :)

BTW, i've just remembered - www.works11.pl has some parts you might find useful.

As for the top rail, Allegro would be a good place to look for it. But the one that comes with Cyma's CM.039C is a very, very close likeness and you don't need to lenghten it in order to fit it on an airsoft receiver (about 5mm longer than real steel)