Tokyo Marui M4 PMC Limited Edition

Sturmjager

And that's precisely why I have a Prometheus inner barrel, a set of Systema bushings, and a Systema M90 spring installed on my TM G3SG/1. A round propelled through a tightbore with 360 FPS of power behind it is enough to reach out and touch someone... even if that someone is armed with an A&K SR-25.

And oh, my G3SG/1 has been externally upgraded with a CA upper/lower receiver + cocking tube set, so no worries should I hit the dirt for cover.

And in case the G3SG/1's battery runs out, I have a TM Glock 17 (equipped with Guarder's excellent full external enhancement kit) strapped to my side and it gives me a reasonable chance even against long arms. Anyhow, it would only have to last me for the remainder of the hour-long game...

... For I have my "Blood Diamond Custom" TM M733 waiting in the back of the car, which is again equipped with a new inner barrel, a set of new bushings, a new spring, and a replacement upper/lower receiver kit (this one courtesy of G&P).

My point is, as long as the battery remains charged and the magazine remains loaded, a TM weapon (even when it has been upgraded) will fire.

You can go and enjoy your cheap metal for now. I'll try not to shoot you at all in the field, especially as you won't able to return fire, for your powerful Chinese-made weapon has misfed/jammed/misfired/stripped its gears/or just generally crapped out on you in the critical situation. :D

No offense, but people like you remind me why I prefer TMs whenever possible.

No offense taken.

Its also nice to see you've completely justified my point though, so thanks for that ;)

I guess your great TM rifle was soo great that you just couldn't help strip it down and rebuild it with parts from other companies..... <_<

I find that somehow strange.....

But hey, lets be friends....and you know what....I'll take my half price "clone" rifle, do the same upgrades and what do you know, I'll have me a great rifle, costing less than yours...YIPEEE :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it a clone?

it doesn't look that much like a stubby killer cos it's got a patriot slit style rail system and a noveske flashhider

and how can anyone think it's fugly, just add a drum mag and it'll look awesome.

and come on, if it had a recoil system then everyone would buy it because it would be new in an AEG armalite

Zayin ><

its a stubby killer with a noveske...

if it had a recoil system, more people would avoid it... especially considering oh, ino and WA make gbb m4s... slightly more realistic than tm and a metal weight.

And that's precisely why I have a Prometheus inner barrel, a set of Systema bushings, and a Systema M90 spring installed on my TM G3SG/1. A round propelled through a tightbore with 360 FPS of power behind it is enough to reach out and touch someone... even if that someone is armed with an A&K SR-25.

And oh, my G3SG/1 has been externally upgraded with a CA upper/lower receiver + cocking tube set, so no worries should I hit the dirt for cover.

And in case the G3SG/1's battery runs out, I have a TM Glock 17 (equipped with Guarder's excellent full external enhancement kit) strapped to my side and it gives me a reasonable chance even against long arms. Anyhow, it would only have to last me for the remainder of the hour-long game...

... For I have my "Blood Diamond Custom" TM M733 waiting in the back of the car, which is again equipped with a new inner barrel, a set of new bushings, a new spring, and a replacement upper/lower receiver kit (this one courtesy of G&P).

My point is, as long as the battery remains charged and the magazine remains loaded, a TM weapon (even when it has been upgraded) will fire.

You can go and enjoy your cheap metal for now. I'll try not to shoot you at all in the field, especially as you won't able to return fire, for your powerful Chinese-made weapon has misfed/jammed/misfired/stripped its gears/or just generally crapped out on you in the critical situation. :D

No offense, but people like you remind me why I prefer TMs whenever possible.

And I upgraded a CYMA M14 to hit coke cans with every shot on semi at 80m. Your point is invalid.

I have a very large "MARUI" tattoo on my penis. My very large fully upgraded penis.

Reborn is so 1337! :o

Utty, somewhere in this thread it says that it has a plastic body (don't blame you for not wading throught it all :rolleyes:), and for reasons already moaned about I don't really think TM could be bothered to research a new gearbox or mag type. However, anyone who knows better, feel free to surprise me! :D

Stu.

Oh okay, I was just wondering if the PMC was anything like the new TM blowback AKs: metal bodies, new mechbox, new type magazines.

As expected, this news thread has turned into the same old "TM vs clones" prattle that has been heard in countless threads on countless boards. If you're going to compare guns, compare stock guns because once you start upgrading them, all the points normally used become invalid because you're comparing each individual's personal creation.

Yes, clones may be cheaper to upgrade than a TM in the international marketplace, but as Far East pointed out, TM doesn't care about the international marketplace when they have a captive audience back home. That AEG is built for a specific audience, the Japanese consumer and as it's probably been said before, the majority of readers and posters here is not it.

For all of you that are commenting on or are interested in the technical aspect of this weapon and its appearance, thanks for the insight and perspective. But for all of you more interested in flogging your cyber log and engaging in some digital phallic jousting, take it somewheres else.

-Piano.

As expected, this news thread has turned into the same old "TM vs clones" prattle that has been heard in countless threads on countless boards. If you're going to compare guns, compare stock guns because once you start upgrading them, all the points normally used become invalid because you're comparing each individual's personal creation.

Yes, clones may be cheaper to upgrade than a TM in the international marketplace, but as Far East pointed out, TM doesn't care about the international marketplace when they have a captive audience back home. That AEG is built for a specific audience, the Japanese consumer and as it's probably been said before, the majority of readers and posters here is not it.

For all of you that are commenting on or are interested in the technical aspect of this weapon and its appearance, thanks for the insight and perspective. But for all of you more interested in flogging your cyber log and engaging in some digital phallic jousting, take it somewheres else.

-Piano.

Dude, I'm sorry, I was looking around your ID trying to see where ou hid the term "MODERATOR"...but I just can't seem to find it <_< perhaps when you get those rights you can then start throwing your weight around with some authority.......until then, heres some advice, reign it in mate.

I agree this thread has turned into a Clones vs TM, but in this case it has some relevance as this rifle appears to be offered by a clone manufacturer as well as TM, so of course people are going to compare. If it scares you that the big boys are arguing, then turn away.....or roll up your sleeves and get involved, sailor style.

What-ever you do, stop playing school prefect, others here have that job and do it a whole lot better.....

TM-made weapons strike me as good beginners' tools (although I do admit that Chinese-made weapons are better in this role) as well as excellent platforms for upgrades. To me, their internal reliability is the main attractive feature. Unlike some people here, I don't (and can't afford) to go through rifle after rifle. When I find a weapon that I'm comfortable with, I tend to stick with it. Over time, I tend to upgrade the said weapon (all upgrades are carefully tailored so that they don't affect TM's legendary reliability) both internally and externally. After that, the only thing I will do is switching out worn/broken parts, should it happen (not yet).

I bought my TM G3SG/1 almost three years ago, a time when Chinese manufacturers were just starting to see their slice of the market. I used my rifle for a full year as my only primary before adding a CA external kit to strengthen it. Internal upgrades didn't come until later. The stock internals worked beautifully, and I didn't find myself outranged by any of the Chinese imports I faced on the field, either.

To be honest, the only advantage that Chinese manufacturers have is that their weapons have higher stock muzzle velocities. But how much of an advantage is it really? How long before the over-stressed internals give in and the weapon stops firing? Also, remember that a high FPS value means nothing without a decent HOP-up unit and a good inner barrel to complement it. Finally, Chinese-made externals are normally garbage - good-quality ABS plastic tops poorly-cast pot metal any day of the week.

In my book, a TM is the best long-term airsoft invest you can buy. A "clone" is just that. It's a temporary solution. Also, remember your roots - the so-called "clones" designs didn't come from brilliant Chinese minds. They were stolen from TM and poorly replicated.

In conclusion, I consider "clones" garbage. This may sound elitist to you - hell, it is elitist. But that's just a personal opinion. I'm entitled to mine just like you are entitled to yours. I was there to witness the entire evolution of manufacturers like Cyma, Jing Gong, Both Elephant, etc. and in my eyes, they have made significant progress. However, if one suggest that they are going to top TM, I'd laugh. That's arrogance at best, ignorance at worst. TM can come up with innovations, as they've proven with the original gearbox, HOP-up, burst chip, mechanical burst, etc. Chinese manufacturers can only copy what's already there. They can't make innovations. I would know. I am Chinese and I have lived in the People's Republic. I know how business is done there.

P.S. TM magazines are some of the finest around. Even a top-notch weapon would be severely compromised if its ammo is fed from inferior magazines. Remember that.

yes its elitist, its also wrong and snobish.

Dboys, JG, a&k have all surpassed TM... hell compare a kalash ak74 with a tm one, then come back here and tell me tm is better. Im sorry, but you are just plain wrong mate.

Yes and that is why I still get a lot of call from people asking me to fix their ACM's and not their. Oh wait a minute... .

I do agree with the fact that they surpassed CA. especially Dboys. But TM? because t3h aM MetAL?

If it weren't for TM there would be no Airsoft to begin with, at least not with the gearbox system we know today.

If You are snobish because you like TM's, what are you when you like ACM that brutally invade every patent right?

Think about it. ;)

and yes I have ACM's myself, they just brake after 3 to 5 games. I am prepared for that.

yes its elitist, its also wrong and snobish.

Dboys, JG, a&k have all surpassed TM... hell compare a kalash ak74 with a tm one, then come back here and tell me tm is better. Im sorry, but you are just plain wrong mate.

That's a faulty comparison. Compare a VFC AK with a DBoys AK, and then come back.

And, to be honest, I'd still take a TM over a clone any day of the week, and I own two clone AEGs.

Reborn

Hold up a second, here we are discussing, what some would like to consider two extremes of the airsoft world....TM at one end, and JG, CYMA, DBoys etc at the other.....what I'd like to know is where do companies like VFC, CA, STAR, G&G, G&P, King Arms and Real Sword some into it? and lets not even talk about Systema and TSI Armouries.....

When you pro TM ares are on your rant, stating that TM are top of the league, arn't you forgetting a little something? If you're trying to convince me that TM top the Pro team listed above, I would laugh at you long and hard.....and then I'd laugh some more.....now, if companies can surpass TM at their own creation, how far behind are companies like JG, CYMA...etc etc....? Unless you think the quality and expertise to construct airsoft rifles goes up the closer you get to Taiwan or Hong Kong?

NeoVenom

If you're ACM rifles are breaking after 3 to 5 games you need to learn how to use airsoft rifles, or change your supplier, cause either you're the clumsiest human alive or your supplier finds every lemon to send your way.

And you need to check your ideals I think, so Dboys has surpassed CA, but is behind TM....seriously?

I dont feel that the Chinese have surpassed CA. They never came up to CA external quality and having seen plenty of the new CA gearboxes, CA has moved well ahead of your obviously over-opinionated view of them. In actual fact, CA have well surpassed TM for internal quality. I just dont see any reason at all that I would have a TM over a CA.

Externals, Id say they have surpassed TM. Look at the improvements the Chinese T89 has over the TM (they actually rubberised the bits that were meant to be rubberised). Internally, other than mass-power springs, I dont feel they have. However, and thats a big however, they do the job well enough.

Yes, early DBoys had problems. Ive shorn through 3 DBoys pistons. But the new JG boxes are good, good enough that I feel confident to install one in any gun I own. Theyre not at CA modern standards, but they get the job done just fine.

Reborn

Hold up a second, here we are discussing, what some would like to consider two extremes of the airsoft world....TM at one end, and JG, CYMA, DBoys etc at the other.....what I'd like to know is where do companies like VFC, CA, STAR, G&G, G&P, King Arms and Real Sword some into it? and lets not even talk about Systema and TSI Armouries.....

When you pro TM ares are on your rant, stating that TM are top of the league, arn't you forgetting a little something? If you're trying to convince me that TM top the Pro team listed above, I would laugh at you long and hard.....and then I'd laugh some more.....now, if companies can surpass TM at their own creation, how far behind are companies like JG, CYMA...etc etc....? Unless you think the quality and expertise to construct airsoft rifles goes up the closer you get to Taiwan or Hong Kong?

NeoVenom

If you're ACM rifles are breaking after 3 to 5 games you need to learn how to use airsoft rifles, or change your supplier, cause either you're the clumsiest human alive or your supplier finds every lemon to send your way.

And you need to check your ideals I think, so Dboys has surpassed CA, but is behind TM....seriously?

I know my AEG's you don't need to tell me that. To me, CA went downwards with their quality. Last V3 G36 gearbox of CA I say was terrible! You have humor, I give you that, but your post has no meaning, it's empty. You Laugh at people who say TM is better than ACM's, but no why? give me your facts. that way I can understand your opinion.

And btw I still see new dead V2 CA gearboxes that only had to put up with 350fps. With dead I mean a broken gearbox shell.

Have CA moved up? sure, they keep on copying other companies who move up.

All in all it will always be different for every person. Problem is, most of you can't handle that and need to press their opinion as the one and only true one.

You happy with your ACM/CA/TM/VFC? Good for you otherwise airsoft wouldn't be fun.

the rest is 90% chairsofting anyways. :P

NeoVeNoM

I can't go into detail...again....you just need to read my other posts where I throw "detail" at my thoughts.

Now you've buried me, you're stating that TM is better than VFC....this is where I check out. You can't "argue" with someone if they believe the impossible.

Your argument was plausible when you were dropping plop on JG, CYMA, BE, DE, Dboys....these I can swallow too a point...I don't agree mind you, but ok...its a close run thing.....but VFC, CA, STAR, etc....come on man.....who are you trying to kid.

Anyway, this whole discussion is getting boring, so I'm gonna leave you guys to your TM lovin, and get out of my "chairsoft" pose.....get me ready for a real game, where I will be using my JG, G&P, Dboys and Systema....yes, I know, all inferior rifles...but there you go.

Simple thing is...

In Japan, buy a TM because its cheaper

In the UK and after a gun that you can just use, don't care about upgrading and don't need to run upto the sites fps limits to counter not being able to play up-close games buy a TM

In the UK and you like faffing with guns and downgrading them or are confident enough to repair one if/when it goes tits up buy an ACM

I've owned a fair few ACM guns, my JG M733 is nice externally but i can't forgive the M120 spring, CYMA G18c AEP is great apart from the battery which leaks all the time and my DE UMP is lovely now i rebuilt the whole *fruitcage* gearbox.

I also have lots of TM AEGs, all are completely stock internally and externally and i've never ever felt the need to upgrade them for extra range or felt the shimming or hopup were poor. Those are to me ideal guns, they work without any work.

My main gun is an ICS MP5 SD3 though running at a nice 255fps, sure its not a TM but untill TM fix the retarded way of stripping down their MP5s i won't be buying one! If they do change the way they strip down so its like their G3 i will be buying one, until then i'll take the redesigned ICS version (not a clone of the TM, thank god!) any day :)

Yes and that is why I still get a lot of call from people asking me to fix their ACM's and not their. Oh wait a minute... .

I do agree with the fact that they surpassed CA. especially Dboys. But TM? because t3h aM MetAL?

If it weren't for TM there would be no Airsoft to begin with, at least not with the gearbox system we know today.

If You are snobish because you like TM's, what are you when you like ACM that brutally invade every patent right?

Think about it. ;)

and yes I have ACM's myself, they just brake after 3 to 5 games. I am prepared for that.

just because they started mainstream airsoft doent give them a ticket to still exist by turning out the same old *suitcase*....

if its about patents, why are CA, g&g, G&p, ics, guarder, ka, etc not in court? so called 'good' brands?

I like how this has gone totally off topic, from discussing a gun to bashing a company.

So people can be fanboys/girls of their ACM companies, but when someone wants to be a fan of TM you call them stupid? When people say "YAY CA" do you go instantly bash them?

Show me ANY other company, that can do 1,000,000 rounds throught their gearbox without fail? Because I can show you two TM ak's that can, sure they are old (bought em when my buddy and I got into airsoft), and sure they are left to CQB guns now (230-250fps with .2's) but still running without fail? I swear TM is the crappiest company ever! They should just stop releasing guns! How dare people want to buy them.

Belladonna and Inq Eisenhorn, you don't sound like you know what your talking about, but you honestly sound like your telling everyone they are stupid and your ideas must be holier than thou. Even in the face of people giving their personal experience of how they have had tramendous success with their TM equipement.

End of the day - Who really cares..? If someone wants to buy a TM, let them.... if they want to by a clone, let them.

Does it make any difference to how you play?...... Nope.

So let people buy what they want. Every gun has a chance of lasting as long as the user make it last, that goes for PTW all the way to clones.

Getting back on topic, i like the look of the M4 PMC. I do wish TM would start packaging their gun with upgrades pre installed etc. Just something for them to look to the future in how to improve etc, instead of making 'yet another M4'.

But it does look kinda sexy :P

'Peace be with you all'

Belladonna and Inq Eisenhorn, you don't sound like you know what your talking about, but you honestly sound like your telling everyone they are stupid and your ideas must be holier than thou. Even in the face of people giving their personal experience of how they have had tramendous success with their TM equipement.

Ok, you got me.....I've never actually used an airsoft rifle.......damn, I thought I was doing so well.

What do you suggest I do, I feel really embarressed now, I wish I'd actaully bought some rifles, and played airsoft and I could have avoided this situation.

Look, you're right....I'm sure you're right because, other than some sales pictures on the web, I've never really seen an airsoft rifle. You've obviously been playing airsoft for a long time, and have bought some TM products, so I'm sure they're better than everyone else now.

I'm going to buy myself a TM airsoft gun and maybe (if I'm really lucky) find an airsoft site to play at. Once I've done that I'm sure everyone will respect my opinion.

Sorry for wasting everyones time.... :rolleyes:

Ok, you got me.....I've never actually used an airsoft rifle.......damn, I thought I was doing so well.

What do you suggest I do, I feel really embarressed now, I wish I'd actaully bought some rifles, and played airsoft and I could have avoided this situation.

Look, you're right....I'm sure you're right because, other than some sales pictures on the web, I've never really seen an airsoft rifle. You've obviously been playing airsoft for a long time, and have bought some TM products, so I'm sure they're better than everyone else now.

I'm going to buy myself a TM airsoft gun and maybe (if I'm really lucky) find an airsoft site to play at. Once I've done that I'm sure everyone will respect my opinion.

Sorry for wasting everyones time.... :rolleyes:

Did I ever say that you have never used a airsoft gun. What I was simply trying to say was that your skills of argument equal that of a 10 year old. Bashing people for having success with a TM gun isn't a good way to formulate an arguement. This is a complete waste of time seeing as no one wants to actually discuss the gun in question, just want to act like a smartass.

+1 and a internet cookie for you Inq Eisenhorn, youve won the internet war! Your the dumbest kid with downs syndrome. +1 and cookies for everyone!

What I was simply trying to say was that your skills of argument equal that of a 10 year old.

Your the dumbest kid with downs syndrome!

I can't believe it....you must have some kinda super sixth sense....because you got me again....yes, I am in fact only 10 years old....well 9 1/2....but I'll be 10 in two weeks, and how could you possibly know about my Downs Syndrome.....dude, when I grow up I want to be just like you....

....With the new Tokyo Marui stubby killer, of course. ;)

I like how this has gone totally off topic, from discussing a gun to bashing a company.

So people can be fanboys/girls of their ACM companies, but when someone wants to be a fan of TM you call them stupid? When people say "YAY CA" do you go instantly bash them?

Show me ANY other company, that can do 1,000,000 rounds throught their gearbox without fail? Because I can show you two TM ak's that can, sure they are old (bought em when my buddy and I got into airsoft), and sure they are left to CQB guns now (230-250fps with .2's) but still running without fail? I swear TM is the crappiest company ever! They should just stop releasing guns! How dare people want to buy them.

ok, you got me!

NEVER repaired broken TM guns, never had to upgrade the to make them usable. Sure, tm are nice, but dont lecture me about not knowing what im talking about matey. Considering the number of gearboxes ive been in, JG and Dboys ARE better than TM in that respect, thier aks ARE better outside than tm, TM doesnt even come close. The fact is here, that Tm are producing a clone, and not just a clone, but a lesser quality plastic bodied clone of a gun originally made in metal. Sound familiar here? Lets not forget tm is also cloning the noveske...... something that got Madbul in some trouble... who is disregarding patent laws now? hm? We need to take a step back from the 'zomg tm pwn' and 'woot clones rule' bandwagons, in this case, its a clone, its an inferior clone to the original (not the JG) and its another fugging armalite :P

Archived