Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

Well not posted here before so i thought i would show you guy's what i have been upto. To start with i have a L96 Warrior 1 and a Tasco 3-9x40E scope (need's a sunshade) and a harries style bi-bod.

So i started by doing old skool and using brit sniper tape to cover the rifle and then i set about it with Krylon OD/KHAKI/SAND DUNE paint and this is the end result. :D Im not in to artistic rifle's just rough and ready lol.

Before paint

rifle004.jpg

After

rifle2002.jpg

rifle2003.jpg

rifle2005.jpg

rifle2004.jpg

Hope you like :unsure:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the rough look a lot. But isn't that going to be hell to open it up if something breaks? :P

Yeah I know it's great, I have one aswell. But I thought mine didnt have threading for a sunshade. :mellow:

Lol if it breaks then i have plenty of tape and a shed load of krylon left :D :D :P :P :P :P

It looked like a real British AW before you painted it. I'd suggest a larger scope and higher rings.
I was speaking to friend and he has said that they Tape them then spray them or use camo paint on the tape, that way if they go to a diffrnt place and the rifle camo does not suit then just re tape it and start again. As for the scope im lookig for a bigger scope but looks simlar to what the brit forces are using :D

they Tape them then spray them or use camo paint on the tape, that way if they go to a diffrnt place and the rifle camo does not suit then just re tape it and start again.

Correct. OD tape with face paint on.

SENOR BEAR : Your rig looks almost identical to my own :). Indeed REAL TREE FTW. I like the mesh face veils instead of the cotton ones. They also sport 2 head elastics, which hold the eye hole open better.

Good Hunting ;)

Quick question, can't fragments of BB's get through the mesh goggles?

With cheaper mesh masks and very cheap BBs, yes. But I have tested my mesh goggles with my rifle from point blank range, and have only suffered a dent, which I easily pounded out. I didn't get any fragments, and my BB just bounced off.

I Bought my self a G Spec the other day, so glad i did the accuracy on it is superb and just feels so much better to hold than an AEG. The thing is im stuck on spraying it so im going to spray it in a desert pattern. I have seen some pictures where people have like little circles on there guns and it looks like snakeskin a bit. There were a few pictures on the Navy Seals thread but id like to know how one would pull this off.

Cheers

I Bought my self a G Spec the other day, so glad i did the accuracy on it is superb and just feels so much better to hold than an AEG. The thing is im stuck on spraying it so im going to spray it in a desert pattern. I have seen some pictures where people have like little circles on there guns and it looks like snakeskin a bit. There were a few pictures on the Navy Seals thread but id like to know how one would pull this off.

Cheers

get yourself some scrim net or fine mesh fish net tights stretch it over the area you want to spray & lightly spray your rifle with the mesh in place it works like a mask leavint the base colour showing thru with the "scales" in the colour you sprayed.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Someone actually did a write up of how to do this.

I can't remember where it was though, it may actually be in the 'Painted Weapons' thread.

I'll have a look.

Looks good VSR-joe! :)

What make of ammo are you using? They look teflon coated or something... I take it the VSR is heavily upgraded?

Cheers

It's a bar-10 :P

And yeah looks good. Im trying to get hold of some krylon paint to give mine a nice paintjob. It's nearly impossible to get over here though :( .

Archived