Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

Seemed to do the job, the ditch you can see there in one of Andy's pictures (1st and 2nd) is where he got shot out just after we took the pic, Andy was only about 9 metres in front, the group who shot him continued round from my front to my right, and didn't spot me even though I was completely exposed in the ditch. Quite pleased that they didn't hear my first shot (that missed, I was using the nbb p99 and the coldness froze the valve open), they didn't hear my second shot either luckily (from the gspec), they noticed me at the point I shot the front man though :P.

I suppose if I had waited they would have carried on and I could have shot them from behind.

dscn0760wy3.jpg

If only the concealment vest came in DPM :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tokyo Marui VSR 10 G Spec, lot's of plans are in the works, so stay tuned.

-PSS10 Piston Sear

-PSS10 SP130

-PDI Ezy Spring Guide

-PDI Vacuum Piston

-NC Star 3-9x 40mm Scope

-CA Harris Bi-Pod

-Custom Paint Job(Done by Livonia)

Scope.png

Gear.png

FronttoBack.png

My light sniper load-out:

sniper-load.jpg

Nice, what bag is you have have hidden under your radio and gloves? this picture made me sort all my kit out for a little photo myself;

sniperkit.jpg

Of course i dont carry all this in game, allow to to go around giving details:

TM VSR Gspec

- Was original a TM VSR Gspec, pretty much everything has been replaced bar the stock and main receiver, oh and the scope rail is still the original lol. (also got a krydex adjustable cheek piece under the rear ghillie like on a m40a3

Rubber Bayonet

-Occasionally used for those extra close kills, had about 7 kills with this :) very pleasing.

British DPM Daysack

-Used to hold my ghillie, going to work on its own ghillie cover so that i can be used in long games to store items in, such as objectives or food, water is stored in a camelbak under the ghillie, which is not shown, as i forgot to include it in the photo

Ghillie top

-The ghillie jacket i use, using a webtex concealment vest sewn into a DPM shirt, with 3d camo netting, Hessian, and plenty of vegitation hoops.

Bonnie Hat

-My ghillie hat, the webtex concealment vest hood sewn onto a bonnie hat, allowing no snagging and freer movement of my head when needed.

Advantage Timber Boots

- Real Tree boots, work better than plain black in woodland.

Maruzen P99 Fixed Slide

- My P99 with a shorter silencer, about as loud as the TM Mk23 Socom only smaller.

ICS Black .2 BB's

-For use with my sidearm the P99

12g Trip Wire Mines

-Have a total of 3 of these, they are great for defense when having time to set up, again i find them useful in more longer games than the short quick games that some sites offer, they only take bout 1min to deploy each one, and good for guarding objectives and when players that trip them actually take the hit, most anoying when you see some one trip your mine and play on after looking around.

2x Mesh Goggles

-Maximumeyewear.com logging goggles, 2 different size mesh, for different lighting/times of the year. both been sprayed OD/Black/Brown originally come in silver

ESS Advancer 12 Goggles

- Current Brit issue goggles, quite good with lenses that pop forward allowing ventilation, 3 different lenses, clear, smoke and yellow, they are nice, but still steam up slightly, but the yellow is very nice for woodland gaming, dont get used as much as the mesh due to steaming.

Respirator Cyclist pollution mask

- a pollution filter mask, used to protect my mouth but comfier than a full face mask.

Number Clicker

-Used by doormen to count how many people enter/leave for example. occasionally take mine to count the amount of hits i make, but normally dont bother as its something else to carry/do.

Bushnell Yardage Pro 450

- Very nice range finder that can read meters or yards.

Folding Stanley Knife

- Used for cutting vegetation

Hatch Replica Gloves

- OD Gloves, with a leather palm used to hide/protect my hands

Watch

-So i can tell the time ;)

2x Motorola GP68

- 2x 4watt radios that offer better performance to the PMR446 radios generally used by most airsofters also gives us better security and our own channels due to a license.

1x Cobra PMR446 Radio

- For when contacting other users on a PMR is vital.

2x Devgru Throat mics

-both have adaptors for the Motorola Radios, and 1 for the cobra radio.

Belt Kit

- My sniper belt kit consisting of:

Left hand holster

Silencer Pouch

Utility pouch (this pouch is sometimes changed for a different shape pouch

M4 Mag pouch (used as radio pouch)

2x Pistol mag pouches

Radio pouch (used to hold 3 VSR magazines)

The 4watt radios and throat mics are for myself and Staceh, Something that ive not included in the photo is my camelbak, i dont often use it in most games unless its a long long game i drink between games normally and that is fine for me. Ive also not included my ghillie trousers and i dont often wear these neither.

Nice, what bag is you have have hidden under your radio and gloves? this picture made me sort all my kit out for a little photo myself;

That's a Maxpedition molle daysack knockoff, it's small, comfortable, and fits under the ghillie. Can also carry the 3L Camelbak for hot summer games.

Great kitlist you have there, I see some good ideas.

Realtree boots, I never thought about that.... Boots can give you away easily, the fluo orange "vibram" sign on the soles got me into trouble once. :)

Here is an update run down of everything, I took a quick snapshot. Better pictures later today, or tomorrow.

Tokyo Marui VSR 10 G Spec, lot's of plans are in the works, so stay tuned.

-PSS10 Piston Sear

-PSS10 SP130

-PSS10 SP170

-PSS10 Neo Orange Piston

-PSS10 Zero Trigger

-Nine Ball Bucking

-PDI Ezy Spring Guide

-PDI Vacuum Piston

-NC Star 3-9x 40mm Scope

-CA Harris Bi-Pod

-Custom Paint Job

Scope.png

025.jpg

I'm less of a sniper role more of a spotter role. I've had this ghillie suit for about a year now. I made it myself, i think it turned out alright it's been in storage for awhile, but I finally got some pictures of it. I don't have any field pictures, hope to get some soon.

DSC01345.jpg

GHILLIE.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

I'm hoping to purchase an m14 in the next couple months, convert it into an m21 (so hard I know) and get back into the groove of things. I used to own a TM VSR-10 G-spec. I love what lots of you have done in terms of paintjobs to your rifles, and I'm interested in seeing other peoples set-ups.

Senor - Thanks for the compliment. :D I can't lie, I used the Bushrag.com BYO Kit, purchased for about 65$. I at first tried to dye my own burlap (and unstrung it) I got the stringing done, but the dying process wasn't what I hoped. I wasn't great at getting the colors right with my environment, so when i purchased their kit I got a little bit of everything. When I say I built it, I cut the netting, glued it on there, cut and tied my own burlap, cut the canvas patches, and sewed / painted them as well.

A great deal of work was put into it, I tried to go for a US style ghillie suit, leaving the upper-back legs free, the arms free, and all of the front side free of burlap.

Bauer- Thanks for the compliment man. I will try to get some pictures, but I don't live near a place to go out and pose, I only can play at field games.. which is where I don't often want attention. Especially from a camera man. :P

Hide the shiny bits of your vsr (bolt handle and scope adjustment caps). Ideally, you could scrim up the whole rifle to help with your concealment. I think that ghillie looks like it will be fairly effective, depending of course on your site terrain.

Note: there seems to be a large square patch of lighter material on the top of the hood that is fairly obvious. Maybe you would like to tie some darker jute/hessian into that? Up to you.

Edit: that might have been better placed in the complete ghillie thread, but hey we'll let the mods decide on that one.

Archived