Pictures Thread, Our own Specific Thread, Read Rules

TheBauer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

SDC10809.JPG

MB01 with chopped barrel, fake mag, 80mm muzzle device, Leapers 3-9x, Multicam stock pad, fake Harris, AEG chamber conversion, 300mm inner barrel with double size window, Firefly nub and custom bucking, Army Force 90 degree trigger, cylinder, and piston kit. Cobra ATACS mesh cloak and garnish materials from Tactical Concealment.

SDC10810.JPG

The intended purpose of this type of RDS is "close range target engagement", which would be a pretty evil thing to do with a 2.5J gun, but I find it's a much faster way to get back on target after taking my cheek off the rifle to scan my surroundings.

Thanks! I'll have to redo the paint job soon, since an Arctic Warfare stock is finally on the way. The folded rifle should be under 28" with the suppressor removed.

I've got more green material to add later, but for our winter the sand dyed "stalk grass" and brown "pine grass" materials are excellent.

Stealthy bum fall!

Maybe relocate more. I know you were moving, but you seemed to stay in the same area, and same position for several shot strings.

Lose the Velcro pouches. Noisy as hell.

Cam your rifle more. My apologies if it works, but all that shiny black on show seems a huge giveaway on your camera.

Turn your head slower. Fast movement draws attention.

Stay lower, it seemed like you were standing a lot.

Maybe try comms. Flashing hand signals such as thumbs up can be seen by others than the bloke you're signalling.

I'm not having a go at you, just trying to help. I may have got it wrong, just saying what I saw from your camera angle :)

Haha no worries-I need to explain some of this as I really didn't give much of a background to the video.

I don't have/use velcro pouches lol.

This was a 9 minute snippet of the entire day. I have 2 hours of me snoopin and poopin, and I relocated QUITE a bit. I had opfor crawling around in the bushes nearby, and I needed to be ready to respond with m pistol(which saved my *albartroth* a few times).

As far as the hand signals- The first time the player was looking to see where he had been shot from, so I gave him a thumbs up to show him where it had come from since earlier that day i had players looking around and then continuing to play after I had shot them.

The second time, I wasn't sure what team they were on, and they saw me looking at them, so I gave them a thumbs up to see what they would do. I slipped back after that, and then took a few shots, and they didn't call any hits :/

I do need to cam my rifle up more, but the game started before I had a chance to veg up anything at all to my dismay.

I noticed the movement thing upon review of the video as well.

At the last game I used a radio to great effect with my team spotting targets and walking them in on it..

I do appreciate the feedback though!

More vids to come.

Scar

Gopro. I want to get the Gopro 2 sooooo bad right now though as that is SUPER amazing in quality. This was only filmed in 720P, but I can film in 1080p with a lesser FOV.

As far as the pouch ripping open, it could have been a bush getting caught my gear at some point. At what time in the video is it? I'll give it a look.

Scar

• 4 weeks later...

Stage 1 of turning this G&G M14 into a good long range gun. Lots of reading to do, just starting to learn more about the GB on this gun and what parts work well together from others here and else where. I'd like to end up with a gun that is semi only, shoot a .30+ gram BB 175 to 200 feet, with a high success rate on for center mass at said range. I figure this means consistent 500+ FPS with .20 gram. Tight bore 6.01 I figure as the first step, next is gears and shim then spring and the rest of the details to follow. Input welcome, feasibility etc.

IMAG1063.jpg

Special K, i never got going on my M14 CA Scout, my research included going through the whole M14 picture thread. Urpeacekeeper crops up a lot as he has run high powered G&G M14s, he may be worth a PM. Most details refer to TMs and clones, not so much on G&G and CA M14s, but there gearboxes are quite solid and run normal V2 V3 gears.

I have just sold mine. Never got going on it, where i play i can run full auto at 350fps no MED, or go DMR semi only at 400fps with a 35m MED, in the end it wasn't worth it for me. I may well look into a much lighter boltie at 500fps with a 35m MED later on.

It is worth looking into chopping a mag down, it didn't run a bipod and liked to get really low, if i had kept it i was going to butcher a hicap.

• 2 weeks later...

it is possible to completely drown out the noise in the VSR?

with my silencidor not make much noise but still hear the shot and at a certain distance.

this weekend I made a game with the VSR and the first 50 meters were mine hahah

I eliminated two players but was eliminated by a third player who heard the shooting there I wonder if it is possible to completely drown out the noise of the firing

Mostly, yes.

The only sounds mine make is the "ping" sound of the spring and the piston hitting the cylinder head.

I have filled ALL of the dead hollow space in the stock with car body filler, left the airbreak intact, and installed a big silencer on a full length VSR barrel (less of a pop than a g-spec)

The only thing left is Sorbo pads, though I hear they need replacing with regularity.

I also have the Zero trigger and piston set, but I don't think that has much effect on it.

• 2 weeks later...

it is possible to completely drown out the noise in the VSR?

with my silencidor not make much noise but still hear the shot and at a certain distance.

this weekend I made a game with the VSR and the first 50 meters were mine hahah

I eliminated two players but was eliminated by a third player who heard the shooting there I wonder if it is possible to completely drown out the noise of the firing

I guess you need to consider depowering the rifle. I think you can't have the best of both worlds; so choose: silence or range?

I have 3 VSR's and they all make different noises. My zero triggered, sub 500fps, rifle makes the PING! as mentioned by scorch. It uses the firefly rubber and airseal is not that good (but hop consistancy is). While my standard BAR10 is pretty quiet, but sub 400fps. Only part it has is the 9ball hop rubber. Airseal is good and this helps to silence it more imo.

The third is a factory standard TM G-SPEC and to be honest it makes a pop noise without the silencer.

I suggest 400ish fps using 0.36g, with 9ball hop rubber. Ihave no idea about pads on the cylinder head/piston. I guess they will help silence the action, but, at the expense of power.

Anyway, this thread is about pictures, so if you need to discuss silencing further, then maybe make your own thread.

Top keep my own post on topic, I will ask Moving Shadow; what the magnification is on the that scope? I presume the gun is a tanaka works AICS? Do you fit a ghillie wrap, when gaming?

Good Hunting ;)

The Bushman: The scope is a Hawke Siderwinder Tactical 30, the magnification is 4.5-14x42. Apart from the side parallax being extremely sensitive, its a great scope with many excellent features. Yes the gun is a Tanaka A.I.C.S which has seen many modifications, I will post up a full parts list when I install the last custom part, along with a couple more pictures.

I've not used this gun in a skirmish yet, as for the ghillie wrap, it will depend on game style and location, urban or quarry (The Rock) I see no point to use a wrap, but for all woodland sites I will use a wrap that matches my custom made ghillie suit, along with local foliage from the surroundings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers. I only asked to keep it ontopic and give you a chance to tell us more ;)

Many people rule tanaka gas rifles out as not being good enough to be a top sniper platform. I know different and think they can perform really well; I realy rate my m40a1 or any tanaka that uses the m700 system with VSR conversion, for that matter. One of their edges that everyone ovelooks compared to a springer is the lack of recoil (yes even spring Airsoft rifles have recoil).

I must admit, I still think my VSR is more reliable and consistant, but its also lower power. Both rifles have hit targets at 100 yards or more (note the word "target" not player). 112 yards being longest recorded hit from the tanaka. "target" was a willing and stationary man.

Good luck with it in the field & Good Hunting ;)

Many people rule tanaka gas rifles out as not being good enough to be a top sniper platform. I know different and think they can perform really well; I realy rate my m40a1 or any tanaka that uses the m700 system with VSR conversion, for that matter. One of their edges that everyone ovelooks compared to a springer is the lack of recoil (yes even spring Airsoft rifles have recoil).

That was another benefit to filling mine with body filler. Its a lot heavier now and noticeably more stable.

Though I often get teased that I took it too far and don't like my own rifle anymore. :rolleyes:

Archived