Proper airsoft Zombie Hunter guns

Pablo

A zombie-customised AK47/74 would be a nice change from the zombie-customised M16/M4 variants that the airsoft manufacturers keep spewing out.

I wouldn't buy one, but it would still be a nice change. I might buy a zombie-customised MP5 variant though.

And a zombie-customised shotgun is almost mandatory (despite a shotgun not being the best choice of anti-zombie weapon) yet no-one has made one yet. It's just wrong.

And what about anti-zombie customised Special Editions of pistols? USPs? P99s? Just about any pistol could easily be made into a Zed-killing Special Edition....

Hope you're reading this, Airsoft Retails and Manufacturers!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what it comes down to - a zombie kit would just be an AEG with some special trades, a flashlight, and maybe some sort of hand-to-hand thing that you'd never really use in a game. I think most of it is in the presentation, really, because as 203 posts have proved there is no general consensus on what would make a great zombie killer gun. I think as long as it came in an awesome case with some sort of label on it (IE, "EMERGENCY ONLY" or "OPEN ONLY IN CASE OF ZOMBIE ATTACK" or something) somebody would think it's a great zombie hunting gun, while another wouldn't.

9mm M4 or M733 variant maybe?

The only thing you have to do is shoot the head, right?

Only if you're really desperate to have some kind of M16 type gun. If you want 9mm, go for something that was designed for such a calibre in the first place. I do like 9mm versions of assault rifles for some ungodly reason, but see no purpose to choosing one in a zombie killer situation.

You want a small calibre (.22 or 9mm)

You want a compact gun

You want a very sturdy gun

You want a silent gun

You want a gun you can use to smash skulls with, just in case...

This all combined led me to the following:

OR:

An M4 because they're not as bad as everybody thinks

With 9mm kit or one of those 50 round .22 mags

A surpressor

With integrated striker, or even better, a rebar cutter

With a FF RAS around the silencer to support it better while smashing, the LaRue should be quite lightweight and very sturdy. Something you see on the DBOYS M4-SD.

With a 2AA flashlight

With HK416 sights to use as a clawhammer, just in case...

With a HK short fullstock, to smash things. Or a short ACE stock (lighter but softer buttpad so less suitable to smash things...)

OR: (this looks even cooler and more realistic)

An MP5SD5 with flashlight stripped to it and big nails welded to the surpressor.

This leads me to the conclusion to this post and contribution to the original purpose of this thread:

Oh dear manufacturer-gods, please make us the following:

- surpressor with integrated rebar cutter

- .22 STANAG compatible mags

Thy name shall be praised.

All the rest is already available.

Modernized Thompson would really get my money. :)

Who here wouldn't be all on the wagon for a black Tommygun with drum mag, lightweight receiver and telescoping or sidefolding sKeleton stock? :)

But it has to be admitted that the lack of Zombie Hunter pistols is dissappointing.

Anti-Z M93R's or burst-auto Glocks...

Because whatever Hedganian has twisting, I doubt anyone really wants to tkae the time to aim when a Z is that close to them. Having 3 chances to put the bullet in the head instead of taking two shots before your throat's torn out can make or break the encounter.

And for the 'elt your eyes adjust to dark'... Sure, you can get your eyesight to adjust to dark to a point, but you can't aim accurately in dark, and you can't really spot those small underfoot items with your night vision.

I wouldn't fancy a Thompson myself, but fair enough.

Not having fired a gun in total darkness myself, can anyone tell me the effect muzzle flash has on your night vision? I'd assume the flash depends on the gun of course ;)

I notice a couple of folks suggesting there isn't really a consensus, but I see Ruger 10/22's and Thompsons cropping up a fair few times.

Zmarre - there are already anti-zombie customised M4 variants available. Admittedly, most of them aren't much cop, but there you go.

Pablo - Muzzle flashes are *BRIGHT*. On a gun without a flash excluder, you'll be looking at a 3 or 4-foot long flame from a 5.56mm assault rifle, and you'll have totally lost your night vision, possibly even flash blinded. That's what flash excluders are for, it's nothing to do with hiding the muzzle flash from the target, it's there to prevent the flash from blinding the firer. A silencer or suppressor would be essential for eliminating both the noise and flash of a gunshot in any situation where stealth was the name of the game, such as a zombie outbreak.

Sandstorm - You *can* aim accurately in the dark: I do it on a regular basis, and I know plenty of other people who do also. They're called soliders. And as for taking the time to aim - well, do you want to live? If so, you'd be well advised to make your shots count, rather than just making a lot of noise and light to bring more of the undead to feast on your corpse.

Stay calm, stay focussed, aim, destroy, survive, move onto the next target.

Of course, the idea would be to never *need* to have to be that close to a zombie in the first place. Assuming you are surrounded by zeds, then you establish a perimeter around yourself at the range you can make one-shot kills with the weapon you have, and you don't let any zombies breach that perimeter. You destroy the closest ones first, and then work outwards. The pistol is the weapon of last resort, any experienced shooter can tell you how much less accurate a pistol is when compared to a longer, two-handed firearm.

Okay, just thinking what the effect of muzzle flash within a room might be. Obviously in an ideal situation you'd be taking out zombies at range, but you have to consider the less than ideal situation, such as clearing a building. Bit tricky to keep your night vision in such circumstances I should think.

It would be unless you had weapons fitted with suppressors to eliminate the muzzle flash and gunshot noise - both of which will be a dead giveaway (pun intended) to any zombies nearby.

Edit: I should also mention that the noise of a gunshot is *EXTREMELY* loud, especially in buildings. It can, and will, cause significant damage to your hearing over prolonged exposure. A silencer is an essential piece of safety equipment, not just to prevent the living dead from locating you by the noise you make, but for preventing you from going deaf.

Zmarre - there are already anti-zombie customised M4 variants available. Admittedly, most of them aren't much cop, but there you go.

But not with a suppressor with teeth on it. Like I mentioned twice in that post ;) That's the only thing I would like manufacturers to make, because like I literally said, everything else is widely available. But a striker suppressor lacks in todays shops and would top off any possible anti-zombie gun (being it an FNC or MAC10)

I like it. Do I get royalties if they use it? ;)

I'm afraid they already do - it's an achievement you get if you give someone your healthpack when you could really do with it yourself (as I discovered a couple of days ago).

a NBB m1 carbine/mini 14/ saiga 223 would be a great idea

at least in my area, California, .223 is the rifle round of choice for many of the PD's and etc.

Since civilians can't have "Evil Black rifles" ala with pistol grips, these make more sense to be in civilian hands. they have all the features of an "evil black rifle" but because of idiot politicians, the fact they lack a pistol grip makes them not evil

The saiga can be converted to use STANAG mags, aka M16 magazines or use galil magazines

ruger mini14's are fairly common.

same goes with m1 carbine.

realistically, as a prepared citizen, how many can realistically get these guns? pretty good ( Since the elections, rifles are worth their weight in gold in gunshops around me) vs the calico's, vulcans, flame throwers, and EBR's?

Back to the airsoft side of it.

NBB, because it has better performance characteristics, less moving parts, green gas/co2 compatible. If it is an internal tank, cheap magazines...

Saiga... would need a modified receiver with relocated stock trunion and trigger group.

Mini 14 can be modified from an m14 stock and made to look like a mini 14

M1 carbine would need to be built from the ground up... sort of.

all of these powered by a simple nbb engine with maybe... 4 moving parts in all to keep it simple.

oh, and the MGC 10/22 of course, But I already have one...

OH! what about the Marlin Camp 45....

16in barrel'd .45 acp carbine that takes 1911 magazines....

now thats something I wanna see made

1003.jpg

maybe I'll make one...

Archived