Proper airsoft Zombie Hunter guns

Pablo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me.. something like this but with a shorter barrel. 22LR + shotgun.. must be the best combo.

So for airsoft. A large magazine either built in? or internal magazine + shells. 5-10rd shot for the shotgun and one for the 22.

Remington Over/Under Shotgun/Rifle Combo, model SPR94 (89392). 410/22LR. 24" blued barrels. Walnut stock. 2-round capacity. Rifle sights.

http://www.thegunsource.com/store/item/332...Under_Rifl.aspx

Or more crazy.. something like this.

t-16254-64.jpeg

Or this`?

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as94-e.htm

tkb022_1.jpg

Or maybe this one.. bullpup M14 :P

1179378269251dw2.jpg

Thompson with a drum mag and dum dum rounds. Blow them frickin heads apart!

Desert eagle in any calibre

Machete. Im thinking when the zombie hordes get close you will be wildly hacking them apart rather than calmly stabbing them in the brain.

Basically weapons that can do a lot of damage to bodies.

Darkchild

I'm geniuinly surprised it took till page 5 for someone to mention using dum dums... :unsure: (not so surprised, it was darkchild beeing the first to mention them to :) )

Obviously, this would be the way forward :D

As for the whole Ruger 10/22 debate, doesn't anyone remember the Tanio Koba Ruger 10/22s ?? :huh:

holy ######, i must be getting old :o

With Koba going the GBB M4 route nowadays (is that thing even released now btw??) i'm sure with enough demand/persuasion/money in it for him , he would consider a rerun of those series.

I'm also sure, with enough money/luck at hand, you can still source them in Japan.

I know i'v drooled enough over them back in the days on redwolf (or was it wgc?)

From a marketing perspective, tieing the Airsoft Zombie Hunter gun with the Zombie Survival Guide seems like a good idea. A lot of folks have read the guide and World War Z. I don't really care if it is full of *suitcase* or not - it's still a fun read.

So to go along with that concept, any of the small to mid caliber, mag-fed carbines would fit the bill. To keep them skirmishable, I would stick with AEGs.

So far, the most appealing suggestions to me are:

M1 Carbine AEG

Ruger 10/22 AEG

Ruger PC9 or some other "handgun cartridge" carbine AEG

The good 'ole Thompson

The M1 Carbine AEG seems like the one that could really sell. It would appeal to the WWII, Zombie, Jericho, and many other crowds.

I am a big shotty fan as well, but there are plenty of shotty options out there.

So:

Q: "1. If you're putting together an anti-zombie loadout, what gun (or guns) would you go for?"

A: M1 Carbine AEG!

Q: "2. If a manufacturer were to come out with a Zombie Hunter special version of it, how do you think they should do it?"

A: Make it weathered, include a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide, and throw in a rubber machete!

Get on it Pablo and I will place my order. :)

sounds about right, but the only film i remember seeing a calico in was the crow. i think it was a bodyguard or someone had a pistol version with a 50 round mag.

Yup the crow had a calico in it as did Resident Evil: Code Veronica which had a pair of them which were carried (well hung from the belt) by a zombie prison guard and taken by Claire after killing him and his friends using the trusty M93R. Its just a shame the daft bird didnt figure out the '93 had a burst setting until about half way thru the damn game.

As for the whole Ruger 10/22 debate, doesn't anyone remember the Tanio Koba Ruger 10/22s ?? :huh:

holy ######, i must be getting old :o

With Koba going the GBB M4 route nowadays (is that thing even released now btw??) i'm sure with enough demand/persuasion/money in it for him , he would consider a rerun of those series.

I'm also sure, with enough money/luck at hand, you can still source them in Japan.

I know i'v drooled enough over them back in the days on redwolf (or was it wgc?)

better yet, find one, buy it, ship it to dboys/JG/... for them to figure out how to put a gearbox in it, ask a few of the finished products for the trouble, and let us all enjoy a ruger 10/22 AEG :)

I'd buy one :D , almost bought a real one few years back, till i found out how ridiculously difficult and expensive it was to import one <_<

as for zombiehunting airsoftguns i'd want, as voiced, M870 with TM shotty system would be ace, wether it would come in a zombiekiller box or not, i wouldn't care (as long as nothing silly like "zombat" is on the actual gun), but airsoft needs a TM style 870 :P

'course from what i understand the system is to wide to fit in an 870 receiver, so this would have to be made by someone who knows what they are doing, and can provide spareparts when thing go pearshape, seeiing they won't share compatibility with the spas 12 or M3

As for classic zombie killing stuff.

give us a metal/wood sawnoff (and normal version) double barreled shot gun, that has solid (i.e. steel/real metal, not the potmetal used in 90% of airsoft) internals, a gas tank in the stock like the maruzen, and lots of cheap(!) plastic shells that hold a few BB's.

More realisticly (Mr. Double Eagle, i'm looking at you ;) )

Clone the CAW Benelli hunter, make it take shotshells like you M3 and M1014, plonk on some wood (like find the, mostlikely chinese, factory that makes them for CAW and make a deal) box it up as a"zombat master", watch money roll in :P use that money to R&D a potmetal receiver, make more money :)

edit: for those that don't know the the gun : click me

It'll be interesting to see what they use as the SIR in the World War Z movie.

Not sure why but I always pictured it as similar to the SLR.

edit: thinking about it it's probably a subconcious thing as the name SLR/SIR are so similar in appeareance and the SIR is semi-auto same as the SLR was.

Theyre making a movie out of world war z? Awesome!

As far as hand guns goes, something with the strike plate on the front would be good. I think its called a strike plate anyway - the one that allows you to press the gun against things and still be able to fire. Sod plinking at zombies from 30 paces. If theyre that slow, surely you'd walk up to them and make sure you got a kill?

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/image...43652213711.jpg

Grizzly, yet practical.

Yup, apparently production is starting in '09. Being done by some film company that Brad Pitt owns.

I'm personally worried, the interview style of the book has the potential to go catastrophically wrong in a film if not done properly. And if they scrap it and make it a continuous story I don't think it will work either.

electric chainsaw fed from a gel type car battery in a backpack :D

quieter too :)

They are indeed quieter. I prefer them for residential work as they don't attract as much attention as a petrol. Starting a petrol on most places tends to bring every tree huger for about 2 miles.

But, you are going to need at least 2000 watts at 240v. A bit beyond the normal gel pack, me thinks.

Greg.

Where are you going to be able to charge it up when it runs flat?

And who's going to carry around that kind of junk, anyway, when you can achieve the same results with less difficulties with a simple blade such as a machete or axe?

zombie epidemic doesnt mean that there will be no mains (although i suppose power stations would cease to run), hand cranked generator? with a decent load bearing rucksack the batteries wouldnt be too bad, and electric chainsaws can be very light. a simple blade will require a good amount of force to sever just one head, a chainsaw would go through a whole row of necks like butter.

eitherway it was only said jokingly.

You fool.... zombie's does not have brains !

why else would they want to eat other peoples brains

huh! think man think :D

a typical romero zombie can only be killed by removing the head or destroying the brain. watch some classic romero zombie flicks ;)

As for classic zombie killing stuff.

give us a metal/wood sawnoff (and normal version) double barreled shot gun, that has solid (i.e. steel/real metal, not the potmetal used in 90% of airsoft) internals, a gas tank in the stock like the maruzen, and lots of cheap(!) plastic shells that hold a few BB's.

that'd be epic, but unless it had a full stock it'd be hard to fit much gas in. unless you had removable 'mags' in the grip that hold a 12g CO2 caplet and a regulator. that way you'd get a good number of shots off and be able to gas it up quickly again :)

it'd be great if someone like MAG could make very cheap maruzen compatible (or compatible with this sawn off) shells in boxes of 10. they don't need to be anything special, just a plastic tube that holds BBs, gets gas blown through it and is dumped on the floor.

But, you are going to need at least 2000 watts at 240v. A bit beyond the normal gel pack, me thinks.

i'm sure i've seen some set up for a 110V supply. might be wrong though. setting up multiple packs in series and parallel could yield a high enough voltage and capacity. and as i said, with decent LBE it probably wouldnt be too hard to carry.

still not too practical, but it was only suggested for a laugh.

sorry for the off topic-ness. just wanted to clear that up

Archived