Proper airsoft Zombie Hunter guns

Pablo

Too bad the "infected" are, well, ZOMBIES. Zombies need not be dead, the original zombie was a servant who had been poisoned to the point of mental retardation. The definition has evolved quite a bit over the years, and a lot of writers like to shy away from their characters using the term "zombie" because it sounds corny and trite. <_<

I am aware you addressed the L4D issue earlier, but please open your eyes past the flawed Brooks zombie writings. He does not belong on the pedestal you put him on.

...Anyway, back on topic. Semiauto rifles are more likely to be seen in the hands of the common zombie hunter. I stick by the idea that we need an Mini-14 and a decent full metal multi-shot Remington 870 in the airsoft world.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how would chainsaw kills work in game? i'd assume like a bang kill, but surely the chainsaw would be slung on your back 90% of the time. wouldnt be too practical... or comfortable :(

sweet prop though

edit: lets just assume 'zombie' refers to the archetypal romero zombie which can be killed by removing the head or destroying the brain

edit: lets just assume 'zombie' refers to the archetypal romero zombie which can be killed by removing the head or destroying the brain

That's what we already assumed. In fact, I believe I said that in my first post in this thread. "assuming the zombies are the traditional type, rather than still-living infected humans" or words to that effect.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, you don't *need* full auto in Left 4 Dead. It's perfectly reasonable to complete the any of the games' four "movies" using the shotguns (not full auto), the M14 "hunting rifle " (not full auto) or even just the pistols (not full auto). In fact, there are more non-full-auto weapons available than auto ones.

Another edit: If I was going to make my own zombie-related book, film, game or whatever, I'd have the virus causing it essentially work in two stages - if a living person is infected then it produces your infected, cannibalistic madmen ala 28 Days, which need to feed to survive and can be killed in most normal ways. If these are killed without destroying the brain, or if the infected die before "turning" then the virus reanimates the corpse into the traditional zombie, lacking all but rudimentary motor skills, and operating independantly of all the normal requirements of life.

I think that would make for an interesting tale...

True about the full auto comment, but the best way to play is to assign everyone on your team roles- support (full auto), point (shotguns), and occasionally DM (Mini-14). But you certainly pray to god that your support man has enough ammo when the tank comes by. ;)

Funny you should mention making a new tale, I've actually been brainstorming/writing my own zombie story in my spare time for the past few years. Mine's a bit of a departure from the norm with the way it ends, though. One thing writing my own story has taught me is that if you dwell on the storyline for too long you end up creating a whole universe and mythos to accompany it.

From what i've seen in movies and the little i know about the physics of game zombies i have concluded that zombies are best dealt with using a large caliber weapon

a 5,56mm round is highly ineffective as are 9mm rounds i can only assume that 7,62 rounds do not have the required caliber to be particulary effective, knifes are no noes every one knows that if you try to stab a zombie you will regret it the rest of you now very short life

what does seem to work are

12 guage shells, 44magnum and best of all explosives

-Given that shot shells needs to be point blank range to actually down a zombie in 1 shot makes it a bit twitchy

-Magnums are good but the usual 6 shot revolver just dont cut it if there are alot of zombies around

-Now explosives this is the way to go a 6 shot revolving 40mm grenade launcher, now you can seriously do some zombie bashing, the fact that zombies tend to stay in groups and the crispy nature of zombies will make a high explosive fragment grenade extremely effective possibly ripping apart zombies in a 20 feet radius, the extremely high density of zombies at 1,2 zombies per square feet could mean downing as mutch as 378zombies per shot given the zombies natural resistanse to be killed i would estimate that 30% would be alive "enough" to pose a threat, however zombies are for some reason highly flamable and any "survivors" will be on fire and will burn to a crisp given time.

my prefered zombie weapon: Milkor MGL-140 grenade launcher... however me beeing young male mid 20's and not so hot, i am naturally going go be stupid and roam around in the woods, outside at night checking out that sound i just heard from those scary bushes maybe its a rabbit maybe its not, and the fact that it is better to kill a human than a rabbit or god forbidd an otter (thanks to PETA and greenpease and all that) i am not alowed to just shoot the bush, i will be forced to go over and check it (note scary music) just to find out it is an otter (good thing i did not shoot the bush then) just to turn around and be 3 inches from a zombie who magically appeared behind me witch would eat me making me a zombie and then later trying to eat (and not in a good way) my totaly unralistic hot girlfriend who you probably have seen nude in the shower 20-25 minutes ago (witch ofcourse is mandatory for hot chicks in a zombie outbreak situation). in witch she would fight me and kill me (again) with a pickaxe or a chain saw

my weapon of choise?. 8 cute white baby otter's with a pink noses, :huh: and i would NEVER EVER be more than 2 inches from all of them. Try to kill me now without harming the otter's :D PETA would go berserk and avenge my death ten fold :)

Note there are no scientific proof of anything written above this line

Note there are no scientific proof of anything written above this line

There was no point reading any of the barely legible nonsense above that line... <_<

Jag: - Meh. Looked like an M14 to me. Of course, whatever it is, they can't tell us, because they haven't licensed the rights to use the real names for any of the weapons.

That's what we already assumed.

Well, it was what you assumed anyway :P

Whether the Zombies are the Romero type (anyone who dies - no matter how they die - comes back as a Zombie unless their brain is destroyed first); Dawn Of The Dead remake type (as above but boy can they move when they want to); 28 Days Later/L4D (not dead at all, just infected nutters); Max Brooks type (infected, dead, reanimated by the virus Solanum) or something else (re-animated by demons, Morningstar Strain, Resident Evil style or summat else) is up to whoever posts. If you want to pick a gun that's good against L4D types, just say so. If it's for Max Brooks types, fine. As this is a multi-cultural forum, all Z's are welcome - regardless of whether they're actually dead or not :D

Oh, and remember - in a world where the dead (or just plain infected) walk (or run), there's other bad guys to consider. Whether they're biker gangs, Ferals or LaMOE's, they're all a threat too. Full auto can have it's uses from time to time.

I'll admit that chainsaw's aren't particularly practical against Z's, but they are fun in airsoft (as are my rubber crowbar and machete).

actually thinking about it this would be the greatest excuse for a 1928 Thompson by making it a "Zombie Killer" edition. I often hear people say that no-one will produce a 1928 Thompson becuase no-one plays 'Prohibition Airsoft' (even though they totally should) neatly ignoring early WW2 British, but still, a wider audience would be labelling it as "Zombie Killer Tommy" or something. Someon make it naow pls? kthxbai

dead_reckoning_1.jpg

i found the final solution: dead reckoning from LOTD ;)

miniguns (exist in airsoft), .50 (exists in airsoft), rocket launchers (moscart), chainsaws (tag skillz babaey) & some other guns ;)

zombie holocaust babaey

a 5,56mm round is highly ineffective as are 9mm rounds i can only assume that 7,62 rounds do not have the required caliber to be particulary effective

will a .223 or a 9mm piece the skull? yes. that means it will enter and destroy the brain thus rendering ANY kind of zombie dead, they are also lighter and allow for a larger mag capacity (e.g. calico, 100x 9mm). so, please continue to explain why they are ineffective.

Cryptic Metaphor!

"the snake prowls fiercely but cannot scratch it's back, for as the sioux people are aware of, snakes have no arms with which to scratch their backs."

"what?!"

It's noisy, messy, fuel is going to get scarce, if the blade gets jammed (and it will if you start cutting up bodies)

Speaking as a qualified Arboraculturalist (tree surgeon), you are very much mistaken if you believe that the human body 'jamms' a tool designed to cut through solid timber. :huh:

Why do you think we wear kevlar trousers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& it's still the second most dangerous occupation in the UK.

Even the thigh bone (thickest in the body, right?) is nothing compared to, say, a 200yr old oak.

Smash your car into the same tree & you will break every bone in your body. The tree wont even move (ask the lead singer of the Doors. Oh, you can't, 'cos he crashed into a tree & died).

Now take a Stihl MS460 to it, (or the car come to think of it) & it's a different story.

Never underestimate how devastating a Chainsaw will be if it comes in contact with the human body. A relatively cheap saw can go through a 15" diameter tree in less than 5 seconds. Through a human neck as fast as a guillotine.

Of course you are a bit buggered when you run out of petrol. :D

Greg.

Yeah, but a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, would blow their head clean off, so they've got to ask themselves one question: Do they feel lucky? Well, do ya, Zombie?

To be fair though, when faced with a whole bunch of 'em you really don't wanna lose count :P

will a .223 or a 9mm piece the skull? yes. that means it will enter and destroy the brain thus rendering ANY kind of zombie dead, they are also lighter and allow for a larger mag capacity (e.g. calico, 100x 9mm). so, please continue to explain why they are ineffective.

You fool.... zombie's does not have brains !

why else would they want to eat other peoples brains

huh! think man think :D

Archived