Proper airsoft Zombie Hunter guns

Pablo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't need to do damage, just enough to destroy the brain, which a .22 can do unless you are super unlucky.

Depends on whant kind of zombie we are talking about here.

There seems to be many kinds. But the most possible ones are the Fast zombies, which can run becouse of some blood flow and use of organs but they die with hits to the body.

the "solanium" zombie:

They are slow and dim witted, can only be killed by destroying the brain.

Fortunately the brain rots away FAST!

and the Ever popular "RAGE" zombies:

People with SUPER rabies that scream at the top of thier lungs and throw them slefs at you and beat you to death with their own skulls. Kinda like 28 days later.

either way, HEADSHOT = GOOD

unless.... you get those Demonic or radioactive (1950's) zombies that can go headless, becous ethen you have a problem. But never fear! you local church will provide holy water!.

The AK101 or a 10/22.

You need something that's reliable, with easy-to-find ammo. 5.56 and .22 rounds are easy to get, and small enough. The M4 system isn't something I would rely on in a World War Z scenario.

reliable and easy to aquire ammo.. hmm.. so not a clone then and i guess 8mm bbs are out of the q? though that ammo is still fairly easy.

I *think* that the point of this thread is not to discuss what would be the ideal/most likely gun for the real scenario but what airsoft "zombie killer" gun isn't being made by manufacturers now that should be, and why.

(so some discussion on calibre and likelyhood is a bit relevant but not the point of the thread, there are others for that.)

Also, on account of the OP talking about a gun being put in a "zombie killer" package I imagine some element of style has got to come in to it.

In reply to what airsoft zombie games are - do a search for zombie games in the "the game" section.

The Badgers been thinking about doing a zombie hunter/survivor load out and has come to the conclusion that the simplest way to go while staying somewhat to the good mr. brooks guide would be to just use an m14. maybe mod it to be covered in blood or have dents or something. stick a bayonet on it and pick up a cheap m3 clone for a back up and your all set.

AKM based weapon. I dunno about other countries but 5.45mm ammunition isn't exactly common in the US.

.22 needs to be almost point blank to go through the skull other wise, it could just bounce off.

I think an AKM is the best base because it won't need to be cleaned as often as an M4 variant.

Appearance similiar to the Fallout III CAR.

CHINESEASSAULTRIFLE.png

Folding skeleton stock to keep the weight down and allow easier transportation when not shooting zombies. Folding bayonet with a blade atleast 6 inches in length. And an extended magazine. Barrel mounted flashlight. If a company made a gun like that, I'd be all over it.

The gun would also have a laser sight so that when they are close (but not close enough for the axe) i dont have to aim down the sight (i dont have to worry about it giving away my position either - zombies are stupid).

Wrong. Any kind of light will draw the living dead (well, the ones with functional eyes, at least) to your position. Any zombie that notices you will emit a loud and distinctive moan, which will draw even more zombies to their position in a ripple effect.

Being noticed will mean death unless you can clear the area quickly and silently after eliminating any zombies that are an immediate threat. And remember, the zombies will continue to come in your direction even after they lose sight of you, unless something else attracts their attention in the meantime. And by "something else", I mean another target for their endless hunger...

.22 needs to be almost point blank to go through the skull other wise, it could just bounce off.

So could a .44 Magnum! Anyway enough balistic talk, I'd go for the aformentioned .22, probably a Calico Carbine with Suppressor for medium range and a PO or Infinity/STI for up close and personal.

I'd love to see an AEG Calico. But not as an anti-zombie gun.

How many times does it have to be said? Full auto is pointless! You don't want rapid fire, you want mega-accuracy and super-reliability in a lightweight, compact package.

So a customised anti-zombie AEG based on the aforementioned 10/22, or M14, or a modified bullpup rifle like the AUG, SA80, etc. would be what I'd expect to find in a box labelled "Zombie Hunter Special Edition" or somesuch.

I'd love to see an AEG Calico. But not as an anti-zombie gun.

How many times does it have to be said? Full auto is pointless! You don't want rapid fire, you want mega-accuracy and super-reliability in a lightweight, compact package.

sorry to continue driving this thread off topic but assuming you were talking about the calico there just get a semi auto carbine version.

calico carbine= bullpup (long barrel), 9mm/.22 (light, does the job), high mag capacity (100 rounds), lightweight, slim. just chuck a scope or RDS on it (maybe a silencer too) and you're good to go.

There use to be a gun in all the sci-fi films (In the 80's early 90's) that took a mag on top of it and the mag was kinda cylindrical. It was held with one hand and looked the mutts nuts, wouldn't mind a zombie version of that. Could come with a fake chainsaw attached for uber busting zombie goodness. Oh and am pretty sure it was 9 mil.

Yeah, but a chainsaw is a really bad choice for a weapon come the zombie apocalypse.

It's noisy, messy, fuel is going to get scarce, if the blade gets jammed (and it will if you start cutting up bodies) then it's useless, it's heavy, slow to swing and if you make a mistake, it'll do a lot of damage to you or someone else you didn't mean to mutilate. Lots of problems...

Would be fun to play with a replica in an airsoft game, though...

I've played Left 4 Dead. It's a great game. And, if you'll use your eyes, you'll see that it's already been addressed.

Left 4 Dead doesn't have zombies in it. It has infected humans, which can be killed in most normal ways because they're not dead yet. Hell, even the game itself refers to them as "infected" rather than zombies.

So I'd recommend you read and understand what people write before replying in future, to abso-effing-lutely make sure you don't make yourself look stupid again.

Archived