Wolverine Trailer

Xaccers

why does child wolverine have claws? Assuming that is child wolverine wearing the red bath robe.

Logan's always had claws, they only manifested themselves in the comics when his skeleton was bonded with adamantium.

That's why when Magneto ripped the adamantium out, he still had bone claws.

EDIT:Damn, beaten to it when I was writing my reply :)

I'm no comic book expert, but from what I remember Logan always had claws. Granted they were originally bone then when he had the adamantium skeleton they grafted to the claws as well. If I remember rightly the way he found this out was when Magneto removed his adamantium skeleton he was suprised to find out he still had claws, albeit bone ones. I'm not sure but I think they also covered this in the Wolverine: Origin book, but as I say, I haven't read any comics in a while.

As for the rest of the trailer, it looks pretty cool. I'm glad to see they've introduced some of the classic Xmen characters at last, and that they've given Sabertooth the story he deserves instead of being some crappy henchman to Magneto. Still not 100% about Liev Schreiber, but I guess I'll have to wait until I finally see it to pass judgement.

Yep, he's always had claws. I just dug out my issue of Wolverine #75 when he gets all his adamantium ripped out to refresh my memory. Wolverine has no memory of his claws before the adamantium was grafted to his bones and he had always figured they were added in that process. He wasn't surprised he still had claws, just that they were made of bone. The first time he popped them out after all his adamantium was removed was in their Danger room whilst recovering and he just figured he would still have the metal claws in the heat of the moment.

Yep, he's always had claws. I just dug out my issue of Wolverine #75 when he gets all his adamantium ripped out to refresh my memory. Wolverine has no memory of his claws before the adamantium was grafted to his bones and he had always figured they were added in that process. He wasn't surprised he still had claws, just that they were made of bone. The first time he popped them out after all his adamantium was removed was in their Danger room whilst recovering and he just figured he would still have the metal claws in the heat of the moment.

A bit later he tells Jubilee he has to pop them once a day to keep the channels open *shudder*

Then there's the bit where he tries to catch a safe with them...

Actually that is one thing that irks me about the film, having them come out through his knuckles and not the backs of his hands.

In the X-men movie when you see the x-ray images of Logan's metal skeleton the claws have springs and other mechanical gubbins attached to them.

I think that is what he was talking about, if they had (in the film) covered bone claws in adamantium then there would be no springs and such, just muscle.

It just looks like the art department weren't given a complete enough brief for the images.

It is a mistake in the film that will be glossed over in Origins.

Archived