Modern Ranger Loadout

Silas5150

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a ceradyne SPEAR BALCS vest(Ranger Version). It is commonly refered to as "SPEAR RBA". It replaced the PMC RBA, around 2000. Currently it is being replaced by the Eagle Ind. CIRAS, or the Eagle Ind. plate carrier. Good luck finding a SPEAR BALCS vest. They are extremely rare, and often sell for $500. I managed to snag a ceradyne SPEAR BALCS vest(Ranger Version) front shell off of ebay for $30, which is an amazing deal. However, It will be extremely difficulf finding the back piece.

Quick question(s) guys whilst I try to put together a price list for this loadout: :P

-Am I restricted purely to Eagle pouches? I'm going with the EPC setup along with mostly Eagle pouches, but would Rangers be allowed to mix other pouches (provided they were RG/Smoke Green/Sewer Green)?

-I'm guessing they also still wear PACA's under EPCs? I'd rather it didn't get too bulky, but if that's what they do then...well ok! :D

-What would be worn on the back if they weren't wearing a MAP? Hydro pouch? Nothing?

Thanks guys. :)

To the first question, I don't know, but I don't think it'd be too horrible.

Second, yes, they wear PACAs.

Third, probably just a lowprofile hydro carrier or nothing at all.

Eagle Ind. makes a low.vis. BALCS cut soft armor carrier, and that is what Rangers probably where under their plate carriers, rather than PACAs.

That is a ceradyne SPEAR BALCS vest(Ranger Version). It is commonly refered to as "SPEAR RBA". It replaced the PMC RBA, around 2000. Currently it is being replaced by the Eagle Ind. CIRAS, or the Eagle Ind. plate carrier. Good luck finding a SPEAR BALCS vest. They are extremely rare, and often sell for $500. I managed to snag a ceradyne SPEAR BALCS vest(Ranger Version) front shell off of ebay for $30, which is an amazing deal. However, It will be extremely difficulf finding the back piece.

1. I thought only one unit got the RBA with full PALS.

2. I believe they have on OD/SG PACAs in the one photo set.

10-4, thanks guys. Got a nice looking kitlist + price list together so far...and the future looks bleak for my bank account. :P

When it comes down to umm'ing and arr'ing over whether I really need that Eagle Canteen Pouch, I know something's wrong. ;)

Aww. :(

rljt1.jpg

However this is very rough and has to be taken with a pinch of salt, it doesn't include shipping (I've already given myself a heart attack by checking the shipping cost of all the Eagle gear alone to the UK).

-Also note that i've taken a few shortcuts with replica gear. Sorry if it offends, but on some things (namely the PACA), it is hardly going to be seen, and I can't justify the price tag on a shell (I won't be able to get any of the soft armour inserts over here anyway no doubt), so i'll make do with an OG one sprayed until it's dark enough...:P

-I've tried to put down the cheapest (known to me) of the items as is sensible, although no doubt the EPC will get ordered from where ever the pouches are ordered from.

-Colour coding basically; Green = Have it. Red = Don't have it...

-This particular kitlist also only contains the bare essentials and not the minor details that I will/may add as I get stuff.

Now for the questions:

1. Need gloves recommendations. All the pics I look at, I just see generic black gloves or some Under Armour ones I can't find anywhere online...

2. Is the pouch set-up ok? Suggestions welcome, but in all seriousness please don't suggest every (most expensive :P) pouch avaliable.

3. Kinda random, but why can I not find the SQUARE-type Eagle Admin anywhere; I can only find the type like Render has, with the diagonally cut-off corners on the flap?

The Flyye OD MAP looks so tempting for the price...I wonder how off the colour really is...:(

Thanks guys, general suggestions/help welcomed, I really want to make a decent stab at this one. :D

For gloves go black mechanix cheap and thats what a lot of rangers use. Pouches are right but I would go with a triple mag pouch and 1 single instead of 2 doubles becuase if you place the pouches where I thik you will, it will be easier to open and close the plate carrier. Also need a belt and pistol pouches. I have been dieing to start a ranger kit by selling off all my multicam goodies, but can't find a store that has all the Eagle stuff in stock :(. Good luck

2. Is the pouch set-up ok? Suggestions welcome, but in all seriousness please don't suggest every (most expensive :P) pouch avaliable.

3. Kinda random, but why can I not find the SQUARE-type Eagle Admin anywhere; I can only find the type like Render has, with the diagonally cut-off corners on the flap?

Pouch set up seems OK, except for the M4 pouches. If you're getting an EPC you should either order a triple M4 pouch, a double and a single, or three singles. The reason being the flap on the front of the EPC that opens to velcro with the cummerbund accepts three mag pouches, so a triple would be the best value.

AFAIK the square cut admin is an older version and no longer in production.

Also, and not that I have anything against Triad, why not order all the pouches from OpTactical and save on shipping?

Archived