Modern Ranger Loadout

Silas5150

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the lower profile over a MAP.

Titleist, I just saw an Eagle hydration carrier in RG sell on eBay, the military version, less than a week ago. Only retailer who has the RG (that I know of) is OpTactical, but that's the LE version.

Hey everyone. After reading through this thread and staring at many pictures I want to start my own Ranger loadout. I was slowly building a list of all the gear I would need some I already have, any comments or suggestions would be great.

Copied and pasted from my list in Word.

MICH in OD with black chinstrap

Propper ACU set

Altama Boots

Oakley SI Gloves - Tan or Blackhawk Hellstorm Aviator Gloves - OD

Paca - Ranger Green - XL

Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund - RG - XL

Eagle M4 Triple Mag Pouch - RG

Eagle M4 Single Mag Pouch - RG

Eagle M9 Single Mag Pouch x2 - RG

Eagle Medical Pouch - RG

Camelbak Thermobak Omega - ACU or Foliage Green (help me out here, cant decide on a hydration carrier)

Alta Kneepads - ACU or Foliage Green

ESS NVG Profile Goggles - Foliage Green

VFC SCAR-L - FDE w/ Tangodown VFG in FDE and repro aimpoint (working getting a EOTech 553)

Thats all I got right now. Most of it such as the Eagle items I do not have yet, but most of the ACU and Foliage green I own right now. I am coming from a standard Infantry loadout if that helps any in getting ideas of what I own already.

I can always paint my MICH its no problem as when I go Infantry it will have a cover over it. But how hard is it to mount a norotos mount on a repro MICH? I've been looking at them but I always steer myself away saying I'll just mess it up.

Sarge, if you're going to get a Camelbak, which is a great choice IMO, I'd spring for the Ambush as opposed to the Thermobak Omega. Only slightly more expensive, and you get an extra cargo compartment with MOLLE webbing. Then again I don't know if it's Ranger-kosher.

Render, if you spot another hydration carrier in RG, not the LE version, would you give me heads up?

Will do.

Putting the Norotos on my MICH was pretty straightforward, 1-hole type will be even easier.

Just place it where you want it, mark the hole on the shell. Drill a hole straight into the shell. Put the screw through, job done.

Alright everyone, my Ranger loadout is offically underway. In this month and July expect alot of pictures of it growing to completion. I won't post exact specs because not many of the pouches are set in stone. But what I can tell you is that I will have an M4 that will be built along side this loadout and as soon as I get everything in order a Mk46 Mod 0 to go with it. I'm not going to be using a pistol so far, so don't expect me to come asking for holster ideas.

Tomorrow I will be painting my MICH Krylon Tan.

But I do need to figure out what kind of kneepads Rangers use. Anyone have this little speck of info?

Nah still nothing. I'm gonna make some plates out of wood, for the cummerbund, and thursday I get my paca so I gotta cut some new fake inserts for that.

So I'm assuming if I built a 6x6 curved set of pieces that looked like this it'd look proper?

6X6_plate_L.gif

Archived